What are the things you don't like about David Cage games?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56036 Posts

The Founder of Quantic Dream, developers that make cinematic games like Indigo Prophecy, Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, and his upcoming game Detroit: Become Human. I played both Heavy Rain & Beyond: Two Souls which I find them to be fun games with a twisted story, but I do understand why a lot of gamers may hate the guy. I don't have a problem with Cage but I can say he talks too damn much! He talks about what he hates in current industry then does exact same thing. Sometimes I think he is a secret apprentice of Peter Molyneux in a way lol.

With that said, do you enjoy his work when it comes to making good games?

Avatar image for deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
Member since 2007 • 3296 Posts

@davillain- said:

The Founder of Quantic Dream, developers that make cinematic games like Indigo Prophecy, Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, and his upcoming game Detroit: Become Human. I played both Heavy Rain & Beyond: Two Souls which I find them to be fun games with a twisted story, but I do understand why a lot of gamers may hate the guy. I don't have a problem with Cage but I can say he talks too damn much! He talks about what he hates in current industry then does exact same thing. Sometimes I think he is a secret apprentice of Peter Molyneux in a way lol.

With that said, do you enjoy his work when it comes to making good games?

I find that the voice acting is usually pretty bad. I know it is a bit nitpicky, but let's be honest, it isn't good. They are definitely very good, maybe even great games, but they are no where near as being game of the year titles.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

The odd dialog example somebody please explain this line from Indigo Prophecy

Lucas Kane: Things are never quite what they seem. We think we understand the world around us but we really only see the outside. What it seems to be. I used to be just like you. I believed in humanity, the newspapers, soap commercials??, politics and even history books.

Soap commercials ?? WTF I always laughed at this.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11664 Posts

@davillain-: I'm glad you put a summary description. Because otherwise I was going to see if anyone knew who that was. .

From my understanding and as someone who 'played' *sigh* Heavy Rain, it's like Telltale and Until Dawn. An interactive movie with a ton of quicktime events. My argument they're as much a game as a screensaver, I don't hate him or people who make these interactive movies, I just think they're garbage_

He talks about what he hates in current industry then does exact same thing

Personally don't see how he can rant about the Gaming Industry. As in my view, games like his are part the problem. Spoon-fed experiences for people who'd rather watch a game, than play one. Which is fine for those that have overly stressed lives and usually don't play actual games.

However! when someone has the verve to call out on all these games built on the actual principles of gaming mechanics, he must have some deluded mind to consider himself and his projects superior in anyway. If he played something other than his own 'genre'. Maybe he'd be positive/ because games are awesome, especially after how much most Gamers loved 2017.

Now if he was just insulting EA, WB, and lootboxes? . . That's a whole other matter. Personally don't know what his issues with the Gaming Industry are, yet not interested enough to research on the matter.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By osan0
Member since 2004 • 17809 Posts

im not going to rant too much on it to be honest as i will just get angry.

they are just awful. in every single way. their games are not redeemable. im using the word "games" in the loosest sense here. they technically meet the definition yet i cant help but think that the developer is ashamed that they are a mere game.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46192 Posts

I haven't played a single David Cage game in my life and I plan to keep it that way.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#7 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I enjoyed Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls, but I will say these games definitely have awkward moments. I'd fault the direction more than the acting, if that makes sense. And I'd like there to be less completely unnecessary mundane interactions and scenes. But eh, I still think they're pretty good games despite their quirks.

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 soul_starter
Member since 2013 • 1377 Posts

I like the choice most of all, it is so in these types of games.

Beyond that, they normally have really good graphics and the control schemes, though kinda odd, when you get used to it, they feel quite intuitive.

Cant wait for Detroit.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58271 Posts

probably the lack of an actual "game", at least in the sense of how I view what a game is.

I mean I get it, and I don't fault anyone for liking these kinds of interactive-animated films, but I don't feel entertained by them. Books, films, and shows are more stimulating and better written and acted.