What about new consoles?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

I think it's been like 4 years since a new console (PSP Go doesn't count). Does anyone think that there should be new consoles or do you think that the current add ons to old consoles (EX: PS3 move)?

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 parkurtommo

Mistake lol

At the end of that I should of said:

is good?

Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 Lostboy1224
Member since 2007 • 3425 Posts
There is still alot to accomplish on these current consoles (except maybe the Wii) so why rush another console out if it isn't drastically better then the previous installment. PS3 and 360 keep pumping out newer and improved upon current gen consoles that attempt to fix flaws and upgrade over launch consoles.
PoeticTheory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 PoeticTheory
Member since 2010 • 673 Posts
The only console that I would love to see get a complete overhaul would be the Wii, I would love for it to have better graphics and the capability of playing dvds.
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44683 Posts
I don't think Sony is in any rush to release a new console since they took a big hit early on in the PS3, and I don't think they want to get in another arms race with Microsoft since Microsoft can incur more costs in seeking market dominance than Sony. Plus, there's always the big risk of releasing a new console and publishers not being so eager to make games for it, for instance a new console with just a few million units out will sell less of a game than a console with tens of millions of units with gamers to buy their games. I do think though that on the next console they'll release around the same time. I think it was a mistake for MS to release early, after all in a way that was like showing their competitors all their cards allowing them in to copy those same features in their systems. Anyhow, I give it another 2 to 3 years before we see another console. Also there's the issue with where software developers and publishers are these days, and we've seen lots of studios go out of business, and some of the studios that are still around take more time to make their games. I don't think anybody is in a position to make the next gen leap just yet.
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

New consoles are a long way off. Playstation 4 and Xbox 3 and Nintendo 6. Are not coming anytime soon. If I was Nintendo I'd start working on the next console now. But Nintendo having sold about 73 million wii consoles which is way better than the 24 million gamecubes sold last gen. Will rest on their laurels until it is actually time for Nintendo #6. They should start work on their 8th gen console now.

The only thing that you can say is that Sony's next Console will be called Playstation 4.

Nintendo and Microsoft what they end up naming their next console ?

ZeroHalberd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 ZeroHalberd
Member since 2008 • 117 Posts

i think the Wii is terrible and needs to be re-done/re-invented/replaced. the rest is fine I have no problem with them

F0URZ3R0TW0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 F0URZ3R0TW0
Member since 2010 • 182 Posts
Wii needs a makeover. I know graphics don't make a game but who wouldn't love a good looking game with bad-a$$ gameplay.
trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

i think the Wii is terrible and needs to be re-done/re-invented/replaced. the rest is fine I have no problem with them

ZeroHalberd

I feel the same way!

Except switch Wii with PS360.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#11 c_rakestraw
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

I don't see any new consoles arriving for at least another few years. Sony and Microsoft put tons of money into development of they're respective motion devices, so I don't see them suddenly abandoning them without at least earning a strong profit from them first. Besides, this generation still feels like its got plenty more life in it. I'd think that it there would be some sort of signs if this generation were on its way out.

I'm sure they're working on they're next systems -- that's always one of the first things on the drawing board after releasing a new system -- but they're likely still in the conceptual stages.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 parkurtommo

I actually think it's possible that there won't be any new consoles at all for atleast 5 years cause add ons seem to be replacementfor consoles.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22415 Posts
Yeah I agree with you guys... There's simply no need for new consoles yet. And I don't think Sony & Microsoft are in any hurry to release them either. Still a few years away I reckon.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178873 Posts
I don't think there is much they can add to consoles yet so there is no rush to create new ones.
DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DarkCatalyst  Online
Member since 2002 • 20982 Posts
There is no meaningful benefit to introducing new consoles anytime soon.
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#16 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I don't really see much need for a new console - it's not like we're going from standard def to hi def, or DVD to Blu ray, or making any of those major changes. I'd be perfectly happy with an improved version of current consoles - more processing power that takes full advantage of state of the art technology and that sort of thing. And a price only about $100 more than what we've got now.

yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
I don't think there's an overall need to bring out newer consoles seeing how much the current consoles can do with netflix and other services. I also think the big companies are consolidating their resources for when they do decide on bringing out newer versions.
MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#18 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

I'm happy with the current consoles, although I would like to see an HD Wii. Other than that, I really don't know how you can take gaming to the next level right now.

chrisp47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 chrisp47
Member since 2010 • 26 Posts
I hope a new console don't come anytime soon. I'm only getting my PS3 for Christmas. And I have a few games bought already.. haha!!!
MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#20 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

I hope a new console don't come anytime soon. I'm only getting my PS3 for Christmas. And I have a few games bought already.. haha!!!chrisp47

I feel the same way about my 360-- I've been playing the 360 for less than a year and I hope it doesn't go out any time soon. I think I've heard, though, that the current generation will go on for a few more years.