What 3D Platformers should make a comeback?

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#1 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

See, I've been inspired to make this topic because lately, whatever new 3D platformer game I've tried to get into, it just doesn't seem to satisfy me. It's missing something. A Hat In Time is the perfect example of a great modern 3D Platformer in my opinion and I hope to see a sequel of some kind soon.

Alright, so onto the list. Can be 2D stuff as well.

Well, there's a bunch for me seeing as I'm such a fan of the genre. I think realistically I'd like to see another 3D Rayman game. (The games are great as 2D sidescrollers but being 3D once again would just change things up a little.

I'd love to see another Sly Raccoon game. Thieves in Time was fantastic...it's time for another one!

This last one's a mixture of both 2D & 3D. I know it'll probably never happen but some kind of a reboot of the Klonoa games. I've only ever played the Wii game and while it's not my favourite, it is fun.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

Well Nintendo is always worth mentioning. Realistically I can only hope for the Galaxy games to get Switch remasters.

For new from Nintendo, a few things I just didn't enjoy about Super Mario Odyssey, it's the first big budget 3D Mario game I didn't really click with since Sunshine. Hope the team behind Odyssey goes in a different direction. Something with more focus on core platforming.

On another note would like a Tearaway 2, or a spiritual successor to Tearaway. However I know Media Molecule are busy with Dreams, and look to be for a longtime. Shame, it's probably my favorite game by the studio. Dreams in way at the bottom.

One of the Klonoa games will likely get a Switch remaster in the near future from Namco; they've done one for Mr Driller and Katamari. Both fantastic ports may I add! A new entry for any of these is unlikely, I assume Namco is testing what IPs are still relevant in 2020, and making some easy money.

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

Banjo-Kazooie without a doubt. There is so much fanfare for that franchise I'll never understand why Microsoft is ignoring all of it. Even if they just give it the Spyro/Crash treatment and do a remake of the original 2 games, I guarantee it would sell like hotcakes.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Speeny

@dragonfly110 said:

Banjo-Kazooie without a doubt. There is so much fanfare for that franchise I'll never understand why Microsoft is ignoring all of it. Even if they just give it the Spyro/Crash treatment and do a remake of the original 2 games, I guarantee it would sell like hotcakes.

Yeah. That'd be a good excuse for me to play them from the beginning. I only ever played one of the games on the GBA.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7264 Posts

I want a new Sands of Time style Prince of Persia. Still my all time favorite 3D platformer.

Also, would it kill Sega to make a new Sonic as good as Colors/Generations?

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

I would love to see another 3D Rayman. I really enjoyed Rayman 2.

Jak & Daxter

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

Gex

Croc

Blinx

Banjo

Donkey Kong

Billy hatcher and the giant egg

Glover

Rayman

Prince of Persia

and yes Sly Cooper needs to come back, agreed

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

@speeny:

@speeny said:
@dragonfly110 said:

Yeah. That'd be a good excuse for me to play them from the beginning. I only ever played one of the games on the GBA.

If you have an Xbox the current HD Remasters honestly hold up pretty well on their own if you're interested. But yeah, it would be fantastic to get a full on remake.

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2310 Posts

Banjo for sure but if you don't want to wait and you have a PC, check out Jiggies of Time. It is a Banjo Kazooie Game set in Ocarina of Time's world and it is really something

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Speeny

@Fairmonkey said:

check out Jiggies of Time. It is a Banjo Kazooie Game set in Ocarina of Time's world and it is really something

Wow that sounds interesting. Will look into it.

Avatar image for laurenriley3332
Laurenriley3332

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#11 Laurenriley3332
Member since 2020 • 198 Posts

Croc and Jak and Daxter are the biggest ones that come to mind. Banjo or Conker would bee cool. Another 3D Donkey Kong would be fun too.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#12 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I'd be curious to see a more modern take on the Jak series without the godawful, frustrating controls and mission design of 2 and 3.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

Banjo-Kazooie please

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#14 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

Rayman hasn't gone but it would be nice to see a transition back to 3D.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7231 Posts

Conker

JuicesawMate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JuicesawMate
Member since 2020 • 1 Posts

If you've got an Xbox the modern HD Remasters really preserve up pretty properly on their very own if you're fascinated to find the List of Best Blenders to Make Powder 2020. But yeah, it would be notable to get a full on remake. See here more detail https://blendinggadgets.com/best-blender-to-make-powder/