We just spent $7000 on Star Citizen Ships this week

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DeepStarCorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By DeepStarCorp
Member since 2014 • 40 Posts

We just bought 8x of these $600 Ships, plus a bunch of other Ships in Star Citizen. Are we crazy ? Hell yeah. But this is just how awesome Star Citizen is.

Now, most of you are going to be like, "WTF are these guys doing spending that much money on Virtual Spaceships and shit." However if you watch the Video below from Friday's CitizenCon 2014, you will see just why this game is going to be as a famous Video Game Journalist wrote, "Biggest Game in the History of Gaming."

Oh yeah, if you think spending $7000 on Virtual Spaceships is nuts, you guys should probably know that we have also spent around $130,000 on our Org's (An Org is like a Clan) Headquarters and LAN Center here in Southern California. Anyway, just want to get as many people to understand just how FREAKING EPIC this Video Game is going to be.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 0

#2 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

O.O

adders99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 adders99
Member since 2005 • 2623 Posts

I dont think there is any need to spend that amount of money on ANY video game... If this is real, then you clearly have your life priorities wrong.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@Allicrombie said:

O.O

I thought the mods lock blatant Youtube channel ads.

-Byshop

RicanV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By RicanV  Moderator
Member since 2011 • 2624 Posts

Feel really good about the 200 I put down on the Batman Arkham Batmobile Edition right now.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Gee, I sure hope this game doesn't turn out to be a massive disappointment with all this hype.

SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#7  Edited By SovietsUnited
Member since 2009 • 2457 Posts

You just might be batshit insane, in a good way

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

Article I was just reading about this games 'grey market'.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-08-inside-star-citizens-grey-market

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#10 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

This smells like an ad.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Allicrombie

@Byshop said:

@Allicrombie said:

O.O

-Byshop

wasn't 100% sure it was spam, lol.

DeepStarCorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DeepStarCorp

@adders99 said:

I dont think there is any need to spend that amount of money on ANY video game... If this is real, then you clearly have your life priorities wrong.

@JangoWuzHere said:

Gee, I sure hope this game doesn't turn out to be a massive disappointment with all this hype.

@JustPlainLucas said:

This smells like an ad.

@hummer700 said:

Who am I to judge how you spend your extra money. I personally would never, ever, ever do that because it is stupid.

@Byshop said:

@Allicrombie said:

O.O

-Byshop

@adders99 Yeah well we are all older, successful, Gamers who rather fund this Video Game that is revolutionizing the Industry, and changing the way we all game, than say spend this money on an RV, or a Boat, or just massive amounts of Booze like some people I know.

@JangoWuzHere As any smart person can see (after doing just a few hours of research) that Chris Roberts is no joke. Also, this is now too big to fail, just like GM and Bank of America. Also, they have way more money than they need to make the best game ever made, already. They have almost no need for marketing budget. They have no PUBLISHER. They have no INVESTORS. This means that unlike a normal game where only 20% or less of the budget goes to the actual development of the game, almost all of the Budget actually goes to the development.

@Just plain lucas WTF are you talking about Ad ? Are you dense ?

@hummer700 How is this stupid ? I spend $600 going out to the club on a Friday night. But yeah, gladly we can easily afford this type of stuff. By the way, you can totally earn this ship in the game. For free. We are just helping fund the Game. It is really that awesome of a project. Like every gamers dream Game.

@Byshop Why are you such a hater bro ? Come on, don't be jealous man. Just be happy for us. Someday you too can be like us. Put the hateraide down bruh.

@Allicrombie Feel free to PM me. Or just email us at DeepStarCorp@Gmail.com and not sure why anyone would think this is spam. Seriously. It's pretty obvious we are just a group of Gamers who are really excited about Star Citizen and want to get the word out.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Byshop  Moderator

@Allicrombie: When the user account is named after the Youtube channel, that's a pretty good hint.

-Byshop

DeepStarCorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DeepStarCorp

@Byshop said:

@Allicrombie: When the user account is named after the Youtube channel, that's a pretty good hint.

-Byshop

What are you talking about man ? Seriously, what is your problem guy ? This is a Gaming Forum. Do some research instead of just acting like an idiot and making stupid accusations. Calling us spammers and stuff isn't cool man. Not at all. Not sure what your problem is but you need to handle it.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Byshop  Moderator

@deepstarcorp said:

@Byshop Why are you such a hater bro ? Come on, don't be jealous man. Just be happy for us. Someday you too can be like us. Put the hateraide down bruh.

@Allicrombie Feel free to PM me. Or just email us at DeepStarCorp@Gmail.com and not sure why anyone would think this is spam. Seriously. It's pretty obvious we are just a group of Gamers who are really excited about Star Citizen and want to get the word out.

What's obvious is that you are trying to drum up traffic for your Youtube channel. It's okay to post videos, but you have to raise a point for discussion. Those are the forum rules. I have nothing against you personally, but on any given day sometimes half of the front page is nothing but spam threads of new user accounts who created those accounts just so they could try to get hits for their Youtube channel. That's why it's against the rules.

-Byshop

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Allicrombie

@Byshop I'm actually more impressed that they have a clan HQ in Southern Cali, maybe I could get a tour?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#17 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@Byshop said:

@Allicrombie said:

O.O

-Byshop

Ya same here Byshop but it seems if you just word it right you can slip past not 1 but 2 moderators view and be allowed to advertise all you want.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#18  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@Allicrombie said:

@Byshop said:

@Allicrombie said:

O.O

-Byshop

wasn't 100% sure it was spam, lol.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck its a pretty good bet that its a duck :D

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

@deepstarcorp: Hi,

please stop posting your Youtube videos. We have a dedicated thread for that

Gamespot Moderation Team