Watch Dogs.......why!!!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ohaifrancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By ohaifrancy
Member since 2013 • 126 Posts

I wasn't really looking forward to any launch titles other Watch Dogs......so yeah :(

Full article

My emotions right now:

What is going to happen to all the Watch_Dogs PS4 preorders? Did anyone here have that version??

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#1  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Well, dont be sad then you can buy Farcry - Black Flag :D

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I'm fine with the delay because I'm not getting the new consoles at launch and there's so many other games to get. Adding more polish will only make the game better in the end.

Areez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Areez
Member since 2002 • 6278 Posts

@ohaifrancy:

Wow!! I was really looking forward to this game....Guess it is in the best to not rush the game. ...

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

Ubisoft open world games all feel so similar, I'm glad there's a little time between Black Flag and this. Actually lost a lot of enthusiasm for it following the E3 stage demo, anyway.

ZEYAAM898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 ZEYAAM898
Member since 2009 • 1921 Posts

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#7 ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

Good on them for taking the time they need to see their vision through. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to it too. But if this were EA they would have just crapped it onto the shelf and hope they could patch out the bugs before too many people were effected or they'd surgically remove half the unfinished content to sell to you later.

This is a good move. Don't be sad about it, be happy they care enough to practice their craft responsibly.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8  Edited By S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

A mod needs to change the title. I almost created a new thread.

What a load of shit. Who delays a game a month before launch. Will be skipping it in April.

F1Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 F1Lengend
Member since 2005 • 7909 Posts

God damn, I was looking forward to this, now I have two FPS games and a driving game at launch. I might get desperate and buy Knack...

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts

That is teh balls son I was looking forward to this as a gem in as sea of sequels.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

im guessing ill still be balls deep in dark souls 2 to give a damn about this game

s_h_a_d_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12 s_h_a_d_o
Member since 2004 • 1317 Posts

@S0lidSnake said:
Who delays a game a month before launch.

Ubisoft, once again.

Sad camper, me. :(

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

Disappointing. I wonder if they looked in the face of GTA5 and blinked or if they ran into some nasty bug they didn't think they could fix in time?

Avatar image for experience_fade
experience_fade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By experience_fade
Member since 2012 • 347 Posts

@CarnageHeart said:

Disappointing. I wonder if they looked in the face of GTA5 and blinked or if they ran into some nasty bug they didn't think they could fix in time?

I'd wager it has more to do with the next gen systems. Watch Dogs has been in development for years, and with the hardware specs of both consoles only having been confirmed for about 3-4 months now, I'm guessing the adjustments they are making to the console versions of the game are proving too time consuming. Ubisoft just doesn't want to release a bad, unfinished product.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#15 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

This is bs, i had mine preordered a long time ago, why didn't they realize this until a month before the release???

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

@CarnageHeart said:

I think they were never going to have it ready. But at E3 2012 they said they only had the vertical slice of the game up and were just beginning real production on the full game. It was just a pipe dream to have it done in 1.5 years.

contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 contracts420
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

This might have to do with the proximity between Watchdogs and Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag. One release could sour the other. The Assassin's Creed franchise is already established and will likely rake in a large portion of the consumer base. Given Watchdogs is a new I.P they may have thought it best to wait this one out and even polish or add to the experience in the meantime.

Avatar image for AK_the_Twilight
AK_the_Twilight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 152

#18 AK_the_Twilight
Member since 2008 • 286 Posts

Considering that this game was going to be released on pretty much every console, next-gen or not, this is a universally disappointing bit of news. Ubisoft is leading the pack when it comes to last-minute delays this year.

O_G_Bess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 O_G_Bess
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

@contracts420 said:

This might have to do with the proximity between Watchdogs and Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag. One release could sour the other. The Assassin's Creed franchise is already established and will likely rake in a large portion of the consumer base. Given Watchdogs is a new I.P they may have thought it best to wait this one out and even polish or add to the experience in the meantime.

I completely agree, with the two games being essentially the same in concept, they would contradict each other. Quite honestly I'm happy, this makes my game purchasing decisions much easier when PS4 drops.

chicknfeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#21 chicknfeet
Member since 2004 • 15630 Posts

There's always Uno for the 360

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19562 Posts

"As we got closer to release, as all the pieces of the puzzle were falling into place in our last push before completion, it became clear to us that we needed to take the extra time to polish and fine tune each detail so we can deliver a truly memorable and exceptional experience."

Well, at least they're mostly honest about the game not being very good in its present state. Perhaps another year will turn this into something worth playing?

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#23  Edited By mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts

As someone who is hyped I am glad. The last ubisoft game I was this hyped for was the first AC and it felt like a really long incomplete tech demo, so I hope this is to make sure it feels like a full real game and can at least not dissapoint even if it does not live up to the hype.

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#24 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

I'm ok with this.

The initial gameplay footage was amazing. Everything since then has looked like garbage so they might as well polish it up.

Avatar image for experience_fade
experience_fade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 experience_fade
Member since 2012 • 347 Posts

Looks like Amazon bundled pre-orders will still ship PS4s, just without Watch Dogs.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#26 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3631 Posts

@contracts420 said:

I said this in another website basically word for word. I am kinda upset it got delayed to 2014, Watched Dogs.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#27  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I'm sure Sony will ship the console without the game.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Watchdogs is the only game I was planning to purchase before the end of the year so it is a little disappointing. On the other hand, I'll have time for some other games I've been meaning to complete.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#29 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

Watch Dogs would have been awesome to play on my PS4, but I can wait. I have other games to keep me busy.