Watch Dogs not releasing until September?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RageQuitter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 RageQuitter69
Member since 2012 • 1366 Posts

I was in the game shop earlier today and asked the person working there if they knew anything about when Watch Dogs will be released and they said 'possibly September', I wonder if he was referring to the information saying that it will be released in Spring 2014, that makes me wonder if it means spring in the northern or southern hemisphere (I assumed northern (which would mean Autumn for Australia) as most gaming information comes from the US).

Anyway, has anyone else heard anything on the games approximate release date? I hope they hurry up and release it since the game is already going to be underrated, so future delays won't help.

And one last thing, I have been told by the person in the shop that there will be no difference between the PS3 and PS4 versions of the game apart from the obvious graphical improvements, does anyone know if this information is accurate? I haven't been able to find anything about it online.

RadioGooGoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By RadioGooGoo
Member since 2007 • 253 Posts

People who work at game stores are not necessarily in the know when it comes to gaming. If you haven't heard about it on gaming sites, blogs and forums, you can be sure it's not correct. A September Watch Dogs release would be big news. In fact reports in the last few days suggest that its a release falling somewhere between April and June.

The content of the game between generations is unlikely to be different.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#3 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

It's just been confirmed that it will launch between April and June, aside from the Wii U version. Of course, that doesn't narrow it down much and there's the unlikely scenario that it will be delayed again. But for now that's the large time frame we're looking at.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

September is a long time to wait.

Wallyh08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Wallyh08
Member since 2008 • 535 Posts

@sukraj: Especially with the little amount of games we can 'look forward to' in the mean time :/ I just feel 2014 is a bit of a let down so far! The only game i'm excited for is Watch Dogs.

RageQuitter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RageQuitter69

@Wallyh08 said:

@sukraj: Especially with the little amount of games we can 'look forward to' in the mean time :/ I just feel 2014 is a bit of a let down so far! The only game i'm excited for is Watch Dogs.

I agree here, the only game i'm also excited for is Watch Dogs (which will sadly be underrated), although The Division interests me but i'm concerned about how that game would play solo and i'm no rush for a next gen console.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#7  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@RageQuitter69 said:

I was in the game shop earlier today and asked the person working there if they knew anything about when Watch Dogs will be released and they said 'possibly September', I wonder if he was referring to the information saying that it will be released in Spring 2014, that makes me wonder if it means spring in the northern or southern hemisphere (I assumed northern (which would mean Autumn for Australia) as most gaming information comes from the US).

Anyway, has anyone else heard anything on the games approximate release date? I hope they hurry up and release it since the game is already going to be underrated, so future delays won't help.

And one last thing, I have been told by the person in the shop that there will be no difference between the PS3 and PS4 versions of the game apart from the obvious graphical improvements, does anyone know if this information is accurate? I haven't been able to find anything about it online.

Ask yourself one question Why would some random kid in a videogame store know when Ubisoft plans on releasing Watch Dogs when no major gamingsite, gaming hub or anyone "big" in the industry knows. If you make the most logic conclusion you know the answer would be "of course this guy knows shit about anything,

RageQuitter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RageQuitter69

@Jacanuk said:

@RageQuitter69 said:

Ask yourself one question Why would some random kid in a videogame store know when Ubisoft plans on releasing Watch Dogs when no major gamingsite, gaming hub or anyone "big" in the industry knows. If you make the most logic conclusion you know the answer would be "of course this guy knows shit about anything,

I just thought maybe,they might have had a rough approximation of when they are getting the game, I have heard a lot of people online say April and others say second quarter, so I was just curious if there was anything else to know what I was yet to see online. I didn't come to the conclusion that we was correct, that is why I made this topic.

Wallyh08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Wallyh08
Member since 2008 • 535 Posts

@RageQuitter69 said:

@Wallyh08 said:

I agree here, the only game i'm also excited for is Watch Dogs (which will sadly be underrated), although The Division interests me but i'm concerned about how that game would play solo and i'm no rush for a next gen console.

Likewise RE The Divison

I did buy myself a PS4 on launch, and am thoroughly enjoying it though in the last week or so i've felt a sense of boredom almost dawn on me - as if I need a new game but theres just nothing out there worth spending my money on right now.

I am looking forward to seeing how The Order pans out though. I feel like we need something refreshing like LBP to really kick start this gen

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#10 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@Wallyh08 said:

Yeah I hear ya I'm still waiting for a release date for Wolfenstein.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#11 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@RageQuitter69 said:

@Jacanuk said:

@RageQuitter69 said:

I just thought maybe,they might have had a rough approximation of when they are getting the game, I have heard a lot of people online say April and others say second quarter, so I was just curious if there was anything else to know what I was yet to see online. I didn't come to the conclusion that we was correct, that is why I made this topic.

Nope, the retailers are the last to know, since leaks are usually happning at that level.

But Ubisoft said spring 2014 so my guess is you will see it way before September

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#12 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Watch Dogs is coming out Q1 of the fiscal year, between april and june

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#13 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

@RageQuitter69 said:

First off, never listen to some person that works there, especially at a game shop. Some people that I know that work for places like Game Stop aren't stupid, but most people that do are, so it's best not to rely on advice from mostly anyone that works inside of it.

Second, I believe they confirmed a release date between April-June.