Was DMC2 really that bad?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
#1 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

This was actually my first DMC game,and i liked it.

Imo,it just needed better levels,and more originality in the enemies & bosses.

Btw,Lucia is sexy as f*ck :P

Bring her back on the new timeline!

#2 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

Lets put it this way, DMC2 was so epic in it's disappointment that people are referring to Resident Evil 6 as "this generation's DMC2".

#3 Posted by Reptylus (1875 posts) -
Many people who never played DMC before think that DMC2 is a good game. But after playing any other part of the series you'll notice that it is far behind them.
#4 Posted by Dudersaper (32951 posts) -
It's worse than the 1 and 3, yeah. People really exagerrate on how bad it is though, it's still a decent game. And just incase it comes into question, 2 was not the first I played, I played them in reverse order (3, 2, 1) as I'd buy/borrow them.
#5 Posted by Shenmue_Jehuty (5211 posts) -

It's worse than the 1 and 3, yeah. People really exagerrate on how bad it is though, it's still a decent game.Dudersaper

Pretty much this. For an action game it was pretty good, however it was severely over shadowed by its other two installments given it's reletively poor level design, so-so story and forgetable boses.

#6 Posted by gokuofheaven (3452 posts) -
The Art Direction and the design of the game is done fantastically and I personally enjoyed it very much. I would have to say the uniqueness in the level design are interesting, but they were a bit short as Shenmue_Jehuty mentioned.
#7 Posted by Byshop (18272 posts) -

No, it was awesome because everyone wore Diesel jeans.

-Byshop

#8 Posted by Blueresident87 (5655 posts) -

Yes, DMC2 is really that bad.

#9 Posted by SonOfChewbacca (653 posts) -

It's bad compared to 1 & 3. I have yet to play 4, but I hear it's decent.

#10 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

The Art Direction and the design of the game is done fantastically and I personally enjoyed it very much. I would have to say the uniqueness in the level design are interesting, but they were a bit short as Shenmue_Jehuty mentioned.gokuofheaven

This.

#11 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

SonOfChewbacca

It's better than 2, but still on the weaker end compared to 1 and 3, so I hope the reboot is good (and also that they do the Prince of Persia thing of not ignoring the normal canon since I actually like the story and continuity of DMC).

#12 Posted by GreySeal9 (28247 posts) -

SonOfChewbacca

DMC4 sucks. It's not broken or anything, but it is so tedious and uninspired. Nothing of value would be lost if it never came out. A huge chunk of the game is backtracking through areas you've all ready visited. Ugh.

#13 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

[QUOTE="SonOfChewbacca"]

GreySeal9

DMC4 sucks. It's not broken or anything, but it is so tedious and uninspired. Nothing of value would be lost if it never came out. A huge chunk of the game is backtracking through areas you've all ready visited. Ugh.

Yeah,i hated that.

Expected better from Capcom

#14 Posted by MonkeySpot (6070 posts) -

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="SonOfChewbacca"]

GreekGameManiac

Yeah,i hated that.

So innocent in the ways of that company, aren't you... Don't worry, you'll get used to them letting you down or plain ripping you off... We were all starry-eyed dreamers at one time or another...

:)

#15 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

[QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

MonkeySpot

Yeah,i hated that.

So innocent in the ways of that company, aren't you... Don't worry, you'll get used to them letting you down or plain ripping you off... We were all starry-eyed dreamers at one time or another...

:)

Hahahahaha!

They weren't THAT bad 5 years ago.

...i think.

XD