Warframe: yay or nay?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 44623 Posts

Howdy-

Just downloaded Warframe, the multiplayer co-op third person action game that is free to play. So far I am only a couple missions in--still doing the "introductory" missions--but I just had a few questions:

Is the game rewarding, and does it stay fresh?

Is the free-to-play model successful, or will I need to shell out cash to really enjoy myself?

I've heard it is challenging and requires a large time commitment, is this true?

Thanks, and feel free to share your experiences with me and the rest of the folks here.

*IIRC Warframe is a multiplat title so I think Games is the right place, but if I am wrong please move to the PC gaming forums.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mrbojangles25

Hmmm guess it's not as popular as I thought

d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#3 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

For me at least, free to play means, no thanks. Could be the same with others.

Why bother putting time into a game when you know somewhere at some point someone will be wanting to put their hands in your pocket to get your cash. I'd rather pay up front and go from there.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mrbojangles25

@d_parker said:

For me at least, free to play means, no thanks. Could be the same with others.

Why bother putting time into a game when you know somewhere at some point someone will be wanting to put their hands in your pocket to get your cash. I'd rather pay up front and go from there.

I generally feel the same way, but I've heard good things about this. The co-op aspect appeals to me as well, and I am tired of BF4 and TF2. Need something to keep me busy until BF1

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#5 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

It's a well done Free-to-Play title and actually encourages farming as opposed to purchasing items. I'm not a fan of it, gameplay-wise, but it's fun in bursts.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

#6 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8177 Posts

@mrbojangles25:

Warframe might not be that popular, but the community support is strong. A few of my co-workers formed a clan, I play with them once in a while, it is a fun game, I just don't have the time to play with them on a regular bases.

Once you do a co-op, just add the person or persons to your friends list, believe me, whenever you want to play warframe, you won't have a problem getting them into a match.

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#7  Edited By GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts

Repetitive missions, lots of grinding. It can be fun to play every once in a while, but if you only play every once in a while, you won't be able to grind all the best items. I played it for a long time but eventually got tired of it.

Avatar image for rosinmonkekyx17
rosinmonkekyx17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 rosinmonkekyx17
Member since 2015 • 3019 Posts

Yay, this free-to-play game offers so much content

jwsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 jwsoul
Member since 2005 • 5443 Posts

@mrbojangles25: Nay! Seems lacking somehow! Not a fan.

mumunaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mumunaro
Member since 2015 • 160 Posts

Game is pretty popular, amongst the most played on Steam, to my surprise. I played it couple years back with friends and it was a blast. Warframe > Destiny, so to speak.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#11 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

Seemed way too grindy for me in the few hours I put on steam.

CWEBB04z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 CWEBB04z
Member since 2006 • 4876 Posts

If you want to do co-op you can add me @ CWEBB04z ... I play regularly.

Its a great game and I like the fact that its not "pay to win" and that everything is obtainable in the game through patience and farming.

xboxfanonly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 xboxfanonly
Member since 2011 • 45 Posts

I say nay unless you can find people to play with. Overall it gets really repetitive, all it really turns into is farming for the next thing to try (like the next weapon, frame, pet etc). the enemies get really boring (and are pretty dumb) after you play the game long enough. the only time they are challenging is if they are several levels above you, and that just means they are stronger, still the same level of dumb though. and missions basically like different game modes played on different (and recycled) areas/maps.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13676 Posts

I like the concept, style, smooth controls and part of the gameplay, But I just can't stand the grindfest that it is. Repeating the same "missions" over and over again to get resources to craft individual parts for a jetpack you need so the story can progress, I honestly don't have that patience.

ReadyGameNews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ReadyGameNews
Member since 2016 • 33 Posts

My own opinion is that this game is good. Personally I had fun playing it and I feel like the game is great. The game always stays fresh with new updates and new missions, change of interface trying to make the game more mesmerising to players and for them to enjoy it. Wasting money isn't really a problem as it does not really matter and you don't need to waste any cash. There is an option to buy in but you can instead earn donation money by passing missions antiques where you can get a drop from prime parts. You can easily sell those for platinum or you can trade for something else. The time can be consuming but it is definitely rewarding if you play it. If you like to put your hands on one game and enjoy yourself it for some time but trust me its rewarding.

csward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#16  Edited By csward
Member since 2005 • 2155 Posts

Nay. I'm not a big fan of free to play games. I end up spending much more money than I would with pay to play. The freeloaders can pay their way too.