Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 liubawa
Member since 2021 • 6 Posts

Good day!

I want to remember my childhood a little and share with you my feedback on the old or, better, legendary computer game - Warcraft 2: Beyond the Dark Portal. I played it for the first time on the Sony playstation 1, one cannot describe the delight and excitement of the game at that time. After all, how many hours did I spend playing for people then for orcs.

I would like to tell you a little about the teams:

Humans and orcs have similar structures and units, differ mainly graphically, but units with spells also differ in them. And so the infantrymen have equal hit points and attack, the damage done is the same, the peasants and orc slaves also collect gold and cut down the forest.

In the game, you can improve your infantrymen, making them stronger and more enduring, so one 5th level infantryman can kill two infantrymen of the 1st level at the same time. And it costs the same for resources.

I liked very much that the game has naval battles, there are air units, that is, battles take place both on land and on water and in the air. You need to take care of each direction, because sometimes missing one of them can quickly lose the whole game.

There are heroes in the game, but they are not the same as in the third part of the game. They're easier to kill and don't really have any spells.

I want to tell you a little about the plot:

The game tells the story of the invasion of an orc tribe from the world of Dren in the world of people. Orcs are fierce and bloodthirsty, they sweep away everything in their path. People are trying to reorganize in order to drive out the invaders.

I recommend this game to everyone. Even considering today's games, Varick II is truly a legendary game that you can play today, remember your childhood so to speak!