Virtual Console and WiiWare for 02/09/09.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Phantom_Leo
Member since 2002 • 7090 Posts

LIT (WayForward Technologies, 1 player, Rated E10+ for Everyone 10 and Older—Violence, 800 Wii Points): Dark creatures have taken over Jake's high school, and it's up to you to guide him through each classroom in order to be reunited with his girlfriend Rachael. Existing light sources must be used smartly to create bridges of light for Jake to cross. One false step and Jake gets pulled into the darkness. Along the way he'll encounter twisted versions of his school's faculty, which must be battled in order to advance. LIT is a horror/puzzle game that requires the Wii Remote™ and Nunchuk™ controllers. It contains 30 levels, five boss battles, replay modes and several unlockables, including multiple endings, Dark Mode timed challenges and an unlockable character.

Wolf of the Battlefield™: MERCS (SEGA GENESIS, 1 player, Rated E10+ for Everyone 10 and Older—Mild Violence, 800 Wii Points): Following a rash of terrorism outbreaks and increasing opposition from guerilla fighters, the U.S. government has decided to hire a group of professional mercenaries to undergo secret missions, battling through enemy lines to go where no ordinary soldier would dare to go. Based on the popular arcade game, the SEGA GENESIS version of MERCS lets you play as a MERC and also adds an original mode, allowing players to choose from five different characters. Take no prisoners as you shoot, drive jeeps and tanks, and clash against huge bosses to accomplish your mission.

Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Phantom_Leo
Member since 2002 • 7090 Posts
Sorry. Not as "pretty" as it usually is. Apparently when I tried to post the whole thing 'My HTML is not well formed.'
AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#3 AzelKosMos
Member since 2005 • 34194 Posts
Sorry. Not as "pretty" as it usually is. Apparently when I tried to post the whole thing 'My HTML is not well formed.'Phantom_Leo
I hate that so much. Especially when posting the same thing straight afterwards when changing nothing lets you post it i mean :| Mercs....I remember that game, i had good fun with it back in the day, don't think i would replay it though. As for that game lit? looks a lot like the school section in the first Silent Hill :P
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
LIT is a game I've been following for a little while now-- The developer may be one of those companies that makes a lot of cash-in licensed games, but these are the same people who made Shantae on GBC and Contra 4 on DS. ;) More info on the game: http://www.wayforward.com/LIT/
Robio_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#5 Robio_basic
Member since 2002 • 7059 Posts
LIT looks geninally interesting. I'm going to have to keep my eyes on that one. Pity WiiWare games so rarely get reviewed by the big sites.
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
Lit looks like it could be a lot of fun, I like the idea and the concept.
viewtiful26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 viewtiful26
Member since 2005 • 2842 Posts
I'm also interested in seeing what LIT is...especially since I've been watching some Ghostbusters' cartoons. :P
SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 SteelAttack
Member since 2005 • 10520 Posts

I'll join the crowd expressing interest on LIT.

cooldude1888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#9 cooldude1888
Member since 2008 • 363 Posts
Thatto be honest is really weird...
ShadowedSight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ShadowedSight
Member since 2008 • 1902 Posts
LIT does actually look interesting.
m0zart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#12 m0zart
Member since 2003 • 11580 Posts

Wow! I'm going to download LIT tonight. That looks genuinely interesting, and the price of 800 points is right.

viewtiful26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 viewtiful26
Member since 2005 • 2842 Posts
If LIT gets good reviews...I might buy it.
Robio_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#15 Robio_basic
Member since 2002 • 7059 Posts

http://www.wiiware-world.com/news/2009/02/usa_wiiware_update_lit

This is the description and thread regarding LIT on WiiWare-World. There's a few people who've played it and so far they seem pleased. And if nothing else click the link for more screenshots, and a developer interview.

m0zart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#16 m0zart
Member since 2003 • 11580 Posts

Impressions when you can please.dvader654

I was finally able to give this a little bit of a play last night. I used the game to give me a diversion for those times I had to exit Deadly Creatures to silence my arachophobic twitches. There are a LOT of spiders in that game: wolf spiders, brown recluse, and black widows. And they're all rather realistic. Not at all comfortable for me.

Anyway, the first thing to note is that while this game has a horror venear, it is really a puzzle game. It has not scared me much at all at this point, but it is rather tense at times when you take the wrong step only to meet doom at what can only be described as floor monsters. The goal in each room I've played is to light your path to prevent the monsters from getting you. You use the nunchuk to move around (with the analog stick), and you use the Wiimote as either a flashlight or to move or activate objects in the game. You don't have a lot of waggle in the game, though because your flashlight seems to be one of those that require you to shake it to recharge it, you have to do that every now and them. You'll also be using motion-sensing to throw some items.

So the overall point is that if you love puzzle games, this is a very good one. If you are looking for scares, you probably won't find them here.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts
[QUOTE="m0zart"]

[QUOTE="dvader654"]Impressions when you can please.dvader654

I was finally able to give this a little bit of a play last night. I used the game to give me a diversion for those times I had to exit Deadly Creatures to silence my arachophobic twitches. There are a LOT of spiders in that game: wolf spiders, brown recluse, and black widows. And they're all rather realistic. Not at all comfortable for me.

Anyway, the first thing to note is that while this game has a horror venear, it is really a puzzle game. It has not scared me much at all at this point, but it is rather tense at times when you take the wrong step only to meet doom at what can only be described as floor monsters. The goal in each room I've played is to light your path to prevent the monsters from getting you. You use the nunchuk to move around (with the analog stick), and you use the Wiimote as either a flashlight or to move or activate objects in the game. You don't have a lot of waggle in the game, though because your flashlight seems to be one of those that require you to shake it to recharge it, you have to do that every now and them. You'll also be using motion-sensing to throw some items.

So the overall point is that if you love puzzle games, this is a very good one. If you are looking for scares, you probably won't find them here.

Thank you very much. :)

Here's a LIT review: http://wii.ign.com/articles/952/952808p1.html
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts

[QUOTE="dvader654"]Impressions when you can please.m0zart

Hm. That sounds all right to me. :)
princesszelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#20 princesszelda
Member since 2003 • 6869 Posts
LIT gives me a reason to add some points to my account. I definitely want to check it out and see what it's all about.