Value of a broken system?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for zerooriginality
ZeroOriginality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 ZeroOriginality
Member since 2005 • 220 Posts

I made a thread long ago about my broken sega saturn (I still have it) and I was wondering what to do with it. Ebay was the solution that was given to me by most. I still have it though. I don't need it because I already replaced it with another saturn, but I decided to keep it anyway for parts.

Now my (original) X-box doesn't want to recognize discs anymore and I don't feel like spending money to repair something I rarely play. At 1st the discs would just skip from time to time and now my xbox is doing this. It also has some video problems. There are a couple of flickering pixels that show up once in a while. They aren't on screen all the time and they don't really distract me, but they're there. No, it isn't the tv. So.......how much value does an Xbox in this condition have? Any repairmen with an answer?

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts
If the person buying it knows what the problem is and knows how much it would cost to fix, my guess is $30-50 at the most.
liquidzero123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 liquidzero123
Member since 2004 • 7111 Posts

I'm not a repairman.

A brand new Xbox isn't worth much. A broken Xbox will be worth much less. Just give it to someone for very little and tell them to phone MS to get it repaired. Otherwise just chip it in the bin unless you want to keep it for some reason. It won't be worth much at all in 10 years time so don't bother keeping it for that reason.

spydersvenom7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 spydersvenom7
Member since 2008 • 297 Posts
I do know that Gamestop will buy broken systems, but they pay considerably less. your Saturn won't be bought by them, but they MAY buy your Xbox (I know they buy broken current gen and PS2s but Xbox isn't even releasing games) but I'd call first. Otherwise, you were right, ebay with the word BROKEN in all caps to make sure they know.
trick6952

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 trick6952
Member since 2005 • 1488 Posts
id be glad to take that xbox off your hands :D
Avatar image for zerooriginality
ZeroOriginality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 ZeroOriginality
Member since 2005 • 220 Posts
Seriously? You want a broken X-box? What are you offering? I've got a carry bag and a few games for it too, if you want those. The controllers and cables will be included....of course.
kakishi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 kakishi1
Member since 2005 • 1065 Posts
Could use the cases for a case mod
Avatar image for Videogamefan123
Videogamefan123

Forum Posts