mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

Has anybody else had a chance to try out the demo for this ahead of its release later on this month? First let me say it's shaping up to be an awesome sequel. The new mortar units in particular are a great addition to the game, and very fun to use. However, I feel like they need to be reworked a bit.

While they should certainly be a powerful tool in the player's (and enemy's) arsenal when they are fielded, I don't believe that they should have the ability to counter attack during the opponent's own turn phase.

Seriously, this is incredibly overpowered given the range and accuracy of this unit. With it being a limited ammunition class like the sniper and lancer, both of which don't have the ability to engage in intercepting fire against approaching enemies, it really doesn't make sense that the mortars can do this.

I mean c'mon, you only get 2 or 3 shells to use when you select the unit. So where is this mortar dude/lady pulling all of this extra ammo from, their butt?

In my opinion, the mortars should be a devastating unit, which you have to protect using scouts and shocktroopers, rather than it being able to defend itself with rapid shell fire. Any thoughts on this, or other potential balance issues present in the game?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

As long as I can scout run this game all is fine.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mandzilla  Moderator

@sakaixx: Just slap a few orders on your scout and you're good to go lol. If anything, the new items you can equip should help with this too.

Until you get wiped out by a mortar that is.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@mandzilla: Awesome news! I'm looking forward to playing the demo on both Switch and Steam to help me figure out which version I'm leaning up to.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mandzilla  Moderator

@davillain-: Well the PC version will look a lot prettier, but the Switch version let's you play wherever you like. Can't go wrong with either really. ??

SudiptoBiswas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 SudiptoBiswas
Member since 2018 • 5 Posts

Yea