Being Legacy gamers, the majority of our purchases will be used games. I'm interested in what you do when you get your new-old titles home.
Do you stick them straight in the collection and take them as they are or just change the cases and then store them?
I probably go a bit over the top, but i like having a collection that looks new at least on the outside and i'm not a fan of other peoples bacteria:
- Unbag/unwrap purchase and examine box. Decide whether to clean it or replace it.
- Remove box art, disc and manual then thoroughly clean outside and inside of box with an anti-bacterial wipe (Dettox).
- Dry with paper (kitchen) towels.
- Check box cover art for any white wear-marks on Playstation header and edges. Fill them in with a thin black marker.
- If bottom edge of cover has been exposed and is heavily marked/torn/disfigured, then remove 1-2mm from edge. This sounds extreme but makes a world of difference - just make sure you use a straight-edge to cut with!
- Flick manual pages in front of nose, inhale slowly. If smoke odour is present, bag-up manual and put in freezer for 1-2 days.
- Examine disc closely. If marks are visible then wipe down with Camera lens cleaning cloth.
- Put everything back in case and insert into collection.
Extreme, or normal? What do you do with your used purchases?