Lembu90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Lembu90
Member since 2015 • 665 Posts

As I write this article, most people are busy with Ace Combat 7, Resident Evil 2 Remake, Kingdom Hearts 3, Apex Legends. Not to mention some big-profiled games like Far Cry: New Dawn, Crackdown 3, Anthem, Metro: Exodus, DiRT Rally 2.0, Dead or Alive 6 are just around the corner. Most of us probably thrilled with Cyberpunk 2077 despite the developer, CD Projekt Red still not sure it will be released in this year or not. In this article I want to share some of the that I thrilled for but unfortunately they aren't in your radar. Maybe they aren't available in your regions or you never interested in their genres.

1. Phantom Brigade(Steam store page)

This one didn't get much attention from gamers because due to lack of hype. In fact I learned about it when I look for some pictures of Front Mission. Despite its similarities it actually play more like XCOM and less like Front Mission. Also like XCOM 2 the battlefields are randomly-generated and so no two playthroughs are alike. Just like Front Mission you can build your mech or Walker as they called in this game piece by piece and so salvaging enemy Walkers will be one of the best part of the game. This game have both permanent death of your pilots and permanent destruction of your Walker. This could leave you two hard choices: Save your injured pilot by ordering him or her to eject away from battlefield, which will destroy his or her Walker in process or let him or her bleed to death which will leave his or her Walker mostly intact. The pilots also have their own personalities and they can remember your actions to them, making the game even more interesting. At this point, maybe due to complexity for a relatively small studio, this game could not be released in 2019(I'm expecting mid to late 2020) but I'm still waiting for it.

2. Super Robot Wars T(Announcement trailer)

While most anime fans are thrilled for Shonen Force, a fighting game featuring Shonen Jump heroes and villains but sadly nobody seems to care for another anime crossover game Super Robot Wars T. Maybe because unlike Shonen Force, SRW T is a turn-based strategy and so most people already lost their interest on this game. While all this game and previous SRW titles are famous for its gimmicky attack cutscenes but personally I found the customization the mechs and pilots outside battle is the best part of the game. Not even special guest appearance of Cowboy Bebop can convince westerners to this game. Maybe the game not widely available unlike Shonen Jump will have simultaneous release in Japan and west in this February 15th. This game will be released in March 20 in Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Southeast Asian countries.

3. SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays(Extended reveal trailer)

Much like Super Robot War T above, this one also seems off the grid to begin with. This one also won't make to western retail, only import. Just like SRW series this game also a TBS with gimmicky attack cutscene but there's a huge difference: unlike SRW games you can build army of your own similar to Nippon-Ichi's Disgaea series but with strong collect-em-all element of Pokemon. You need to unlock more Mobile Suit types as you progress. Unlike previous SD Gundam G-Generation game, Genesis, this one will only feature alternate universe shows instead of its "main" universe, Universal Century. No definitive release date ever published yet but it was confirmed it will be released in this year, most likely in mid or late Summer.

4. Iron Harvest(Teaser trailer)

Despite having successful kickstarter campaign, the hype for this game is surprisingly low. Maybe because of bad first impression as some people might mistook it as glorified Company of Heroes mod than as a legitimate game on its own right. This game already developed for quite long but still no release date ever published. I still believe we might get to play it somewhere later in this year or at least early 2020.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11655 Posts

@lembu90: Gundam is always on my radar, especially with the Gundam Breaker series. However I have no love for the SD Gundam G Generation series. Makai Senki Disgaea is my TRPG of choice for the most part. It's rare I make exceptions_

However this thread is far too self indulgent, and comes across as pessimism. One can always estimate but speak for no one but yourself. I'm still hoping for 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim and doesn't appear to be on your radar. Yet I wouldn't exactly rule it out, doing so is pretty egotistical.

Lembu90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 Lembu90
Member since 2015 • 665 Posts

@RSM-HQ: I Know the thread seems to be self-indulgent but the real reason I made this article is to promote the game, just like Gamespot itself and other popular gaming sites. That's why I provided the links for the trailers. I also not surprised that you and most other people have no love for SD Gundam G Generation because it's an extremely divisive game, even for hardcore Gundam fans. First people hate its super-deformed(SD) versions of their favorite Mobile Suits. It was noted that SD was nothing but a solution to tricky Japanese licensing laws as the license non-deformed versions has been used for other "superior" Gundam games like Breakers and Dynasty Warriors instead. Lack of interest to the game's genre also contribute as well as most westerners have very little interest in turn-based strategy to begin with. Only Disgaea, Fire Emblem and Advanced Wars are known to have strong fandom in the west. I have been a fan of SD Gundam G Generation series as well as Super Robot Wars since its PS2 days but lack of exposure in the west except for hardcore anime fans. The English version of the games only available Southeast Asian countries where it is known better and those who lived outside the regions need to import it.

I personally interested in 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim but it definitely more popular than the games I featured in the article. In fact it Vanillaware's brand new IP and their last one is Dragon's Crown in 2013. Maybe not in Gamespot but more articles about the game can be find in most Playstation communities. It also the studio's attempt to make a sci-fi/mecha genre as their previous games are fantasy.

I would love to talk about Ooblets and Phoenix Point as well but both are relatively popular indie games and their articles are easy to find if you know where to look for them, in this case PC-loving communities. Same with The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince and Atelier Lulua but I believe they are more popular than any of the games that featured on my articles.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RSM-HQ

@lembu90: It's fine to mention games you don't feel get enough cover, have done so myself. However really don't need to come across as aggressive with your approach, that's more likely to put people off your list of games entirely. And if the point is to spread awareness you want a positive effect_

We already had someone who told people they have limited taste and bragged about a list religiously, think the user was called @tryingit or something. And was really a bit of a %Â¥#*

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim was mostly just an example of something neither mentioned here or on your list. Though not sure if had as much media coverage and advertisement as SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays. Only use GS for some variety in the forums, I don't consider the media side worth checking anymore. It's worth noting they've long followed the hype-train on what's popular in US before all else.

I think you're list is fine, just need to express it more user friendly.

The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince

I already made a thread about that game awhile ago, it was announced the same day as Disgaea Refine.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#5 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Yes Iron Harvest! That game looks great.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4189 Posts

I’m sure nobody cares about my wishlist: Kirby’s Extra Yarn, Silver Doors 3 Stars Down, Shakedown Hawaii. I’m sure there are other games to be released, but these are my main games to get.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15868 Posts

Super robot wars and sd gundam generations is yearly franchises, I do buy sometimes but its hard to get hyped for yearly iterations. But oh well people gets hyped for CoD and Pokemon yearly releases so what do I know.

VagrantSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 VagrantSnow
Member since 2018 • 645 Posts

I'll admit my interest in Iron Harvest dipped quite a bit when I saw it was pretty much just Company of Heroes with mechs. Don't get me wrong, it's a good base to work off of but watching the videos I feel that if they replaced the mechs with WW2 tanks, it would effectively just be Company of Heroes.

Doerevolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 Doerevolt
Member since 2019 • 41 Posts

@lembu90:

Why you didn't include Total War : 3 kingdoms.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#10 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

atomic heart

days gone

gears 5

devil may cry 6

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RSM-HQ
@sukraj said:

devil may cry 6

That game is hype dood. We've had a lot of threads here for the new Devil May Cry.

Also my most wanted game this year, without question. Though it'll be tough to best Resi2Remake and MHW: Iceborne.

I do hope Itsuno sans team is working on Dragon's Dogma 2 after DMCV.