Unpopular Opinion: The new One Punch Man game looks awesome. I'm actually getting it

sanghelle56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By sanghelle56
Member since 2017 • 499 Posts

I mean the one that came out in February (Hero Nobody Knows). I don't see eye to eye with anyone who compares this to Dragon Ball Xenoverse, as that in its own way takes the dirty twig-made crown as worst create a character anime game ever. It felt like a rushed gimmick that would hot-sell just because of the Dragon Ball brand name. :/

But this actually looks cool despite the lukewarm "meh" reviews. I'm not saying this game is anything special, but how many anime can you say have interactive experiences where you feel like YOU are finding your place in it? It's not something like a random pink Namekian training, training, and fighting NPCs before being able to go online prepared, like, months later. There were so many cliches with the second Xenoverse alone. Yes, I've played it. :/

I don't ask a lot from video games, and at the same time I won't play something if it sucks. It would have to be more broken than broken. I'm chaotic casual and I happen to like One Punch more than DBZ, so I'm gonna buy it sometime later this week.

Any thoughts? Please keep the criticism within reason 'cause I've made up my mind. It's at least another reason not to be bored to death in this difficult time.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#2 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11674 Posts

Perhaps this will come across as pessimistic, I love One sans work and all the redone adoptions of them, but licensed games are not something I like to support, even in series I enjoy. Typically cheap cash-grabs for gullible fans of an intellectual property and easily parted with what money they have laying around.

Rare exceptions aside I'm sure many can list, yet even at the best of these, they are mediocre takes on better games.

Enjoy reading OPM and have dabbled in the show. A game? no thank you.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#3 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15946 Posts

Have fun.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#4 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

@RSM-HQ: caught up with the webcomic? The last few chapters were awesome.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RSM-HQ

@Gamerno6666 said:

@RSM-HQ: caught up with the webcomic? The last few chapters were awesome.

Hehe yeah read 125. Enjoying the seeds being planted for a new arc. Many who only watch the anime think the best has come and gone, well they're in for a surprise when (and if) it catches up, some great stories yet told though the animation.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 14

#6 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

I’ve seen what’s available of the Anime. Wasn’t a huge fan of S2 but the first season was great. Enjoy the game. :)

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RSM-HQ
@speeny said:

I’ve seen what’s available of the Anime. Wasn’t a huge fan of S2 but the first season was great. Enjoy the game. :)

With Madhouse busy being contracted elsewhere, it was always an uphill battle for any television-animation studio to compete with. Madhouse are one of the best in the business, and namely because they hire talented freelance animators with decades of experience.

With that, Season 2 from what I saw was serviceable

They did Kingu correctly as well. It just ended at an odd-point in the arc.

If you liked Madhouses work? highly recommend Hunter × Hunter 2011

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sakaiXx

@RSM-HQ: *Hiatus x Hiatus.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 14

#9 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

@RSM-HQ: I’m fairly aware of Madhouse. Loved the work they did with Satoshi Kon’s films.

I have Hunter X Hunter 2011 on Blu-ray. Keen to watch it at some stage. A lot of people love that series. It’s especially highly regarded on MAL.

I’ve read bits and pieces of the Manga too and thoroughly enjoyed it. Though, nothing has come close to One Piece for me just yet. ;)

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sakaiXx

@speeny: gonna hype it a bit more, Hunter x Hunter is a damn good show. Really good production as well, you gonna love the later episode fight scenes.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RSM-HQ
@speeny said:

Though, nothing has come close to One Piece for me just yet. ;)

Love One Piece, my heart has room for both ^ω^

*Hiatus x Hiatus.

Pretty much.

sanghelle56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12 sanghelle56
Member since 2017 • 499 Posts

@sakaixx: Thanx. Got it last Thursday and it's a blast. Already level 47.