UNPOPULAR GAMING OPINIONS

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Breadcrumb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Breadcrumb
Member since 2016 • 7 Posts

I am not making this post to be controversial, I am making it to voice my opinion, I am fine with, and would like, to debate with you in your answers, but I don't want fanboys attempting to force me to suicide by posting "kill yourself" in the comments. If you couldn't tell by the title these are unpopular gaming opinions. I'm going to list 5 opinions that I will be witch hunted for because people don't like them. The first one is that I don't like Fallout 4, I love 3 and New Vegas, but Fallout 4 just felt.. off. I don't know why, I just didn't really like it. I don't have any details as to why, but I just never could get into it. Next is that Fire Emblem Awakening is a terrible game. I love the FE series, but Awakening had such a convoluted plot that I never really cared about anything that was going on, maybe it's just my small attention span, but I just never really cared about what was going on, because the game had no idea if it was independent from other FE games or if it was a sequel. Before I move on to remove spam from the topic, when you comment, please say: "pixels" at the end of your post so I know you aren't some troll who doesn't like I have unpopular opinions, and that you actually read the post. Moving on, third is that the 3ds is good, which many people think I'm joking at and I'm sitting going, seriously? You think I'm joking? Wow. Many people love the 3ds but more often than not, I'll encounter that one guy saying, "3DS sucks guys, Pokemon is stupid, and like, who cares about handhelds, I got me some Xbox and Mountain Dew, lmao" When in fact 3ds is actually good. Here are three reasons for those who don't like my opinion and are ready to type: "Kill Yourself" in the comments. 1. 3DS is aimed at children (for the most part) and not at quickscoping champions. 2. The 3d option isn't required 3. Backwards compatible! YAY! Alright fourth opinion. Minecraft and that other telltale game aren't bad. I'm sorry you are too cheap to buy it and would rather be a follower. Okay fifth opinion. Final Fantasy XIII is actually a good game. HUH! SHOCKING! I KNOW RIGHT! But to be perfectly honest, FFXIII wasn;t bad, it just wasn't the best FF game. Sorry, I have opinions. Also, make sure to put your opinions below and don't make a complete ass of yourself by saying kill yourself in the comments. Anyway, bye

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#2 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts

It will be hard to get people to listen to your opinions if you can't even figure out paragraphs.

TheManofPears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheManofPears
Member since 2016 • 284 Posts

People liking Fallout 3 and NV but not liking 4 is actually pretty common, nothing controversial there.

And I agree with the comment above, please us paragraphs.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#4 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

My quick unpopular opinions... With paragraphs.

Alien Isolation should be considered one of the best games this gen.

Quantum Break has the most fun gunplay mechanics in years.

Mario Galaxy games should be rate apart from other games. Why? Because when you give R&C an 8 or a 9 the differential is so huge that it won't fit in a 10 scale... In all honesty what I'm really saying is that review scores a pretty much ruined by now.

Many Sony games would be rated 10%\20% lower if they had not Sony attached to them. Yes I'm looking at you ND.

As for your opinions. Just hav something to say about Fallout 4. The biggest problem for me were the first 10h, after that I managed to enjoy the game. IMO, better than 3 but worst than New Vegas.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#5 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11687 Posts

@breadcrumb: Actually "unpopular gaming opinion" would be people being positive.

May surprise you, but the vocal side of the internet hates Fallout 4, I actually liked it more than Bethesda's previous offering (that's an unpopular opinion). But it doesn't just stop with FO4.

The attention seeking community on the forums and comment sections just want to trash every game in existence, that isn't Half Life 2.

*I didn't read past your FO4 rant for the record, you sort of trail off a lot and makes it almost unreadable_

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

Those 3D goggles offer little to add to gaming but subjective.

Saying "IF you have not tried them then you can not talk about them" Is not valid counter.

Indie games are not the only place that innovation happen.

CoD have been innovative.

Turn base is not out of date.

Just because you shoot guns in the game does not mean player must place master of all guns characters from the start.

pug987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 pug987
Member since 2005 • 460 Posts

@breadcrumb: Paragraphs please.

I don't think your opinions are that unpopular.

DS had amazing games and 3DS has its fair of good ones. I don't really like the console though. I have the XL version and it's too heavy and unwieldy. The normal one has wayy to small a screen. In comparison I love the Vita, I think it's the best handheld ever. No games though.

I wouldn't call FF13 a good game but it certainly isn't as bad as people say. It was OK. I think FF13-2 was quite good and Lightning Returns was stellar, one of the best Final Fantasy out there. All three of them suffer from overexposure, though. That totally kills the story pacing.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10538 Posts

@breadcrumb said:

Before I move on to remove spam from the topic, when you comment, please say: "pixels" at the end of your post so I know you aren't some troll who doesn't like I have unpopular opinions, and that you actually read the post.

wut lol

@breadcrumb said:

I am not making this post to be controversial, I am making it to voice my opinion, I am fine with, and would like, to debate with you in your answers, but I don't want fanboys attempting to force me to suicide by posting "kill yourself" in the comments. If you couldn't tell by the title these are unpopular gaming opinions. I'm going to list 5 opinions that I will be witch hunted for because people don't like them. The first one is that I don't like Fallout 4, I love 3 and New Vegas, but Fallout 4 just felt.. off. I don't know why, I just didn't really like it. I don't have any details as to why, but I just never could get into it. Next is that Fire Emblem Awakening is a terrible game. I love the FE series, but Awakening had such a convoluted plot that I never really cared about anything that was going on, maybe it's just my small attention span, but I just never really cared about what was going on, because the game had no idea if it was independent from other FE games or if it was a sequel. Before I move on to remove spam from the topic, when you comment, please say: "pixels" at the end of your post so I know you aren't some troll who doesn't like I have unpopular opinions, and that you actually read the post. Moving on, third is that the 3ds is good, which many people think I'm joking at and I'm sitting going, seriously? You think I'm joking? Wow. Many people love the 3ds but more often than not, I'll encounter that one guy saying, "3DS sucks guys, Pokemon is stupid, and like, who cares about handhelds, I got me some Xbox and Mountain Dew, lmao" When in fact 3ds is actually good. Here are three reasons for those who don't like my opinion and are ready to type: "Kill Yourself" in the comments. 1. 3DS is aimed at children (for the most part) and not at quickscoping champions. 2. The 3d option isn't required 3. Backwards compatible! YAY! Alright fourth opinion. Minecraft and that other telltale game aren't bad. I'm sorry you are too cheap to buy it and would rather be a follower. Okay fifth opinion. Final Fantasy XIII is actually a good game. HUH! SHOCKING! I KNOW RIGHT! But to be perfectly honest, FFXIII wasn;t bad, it just wasn't the best FF game. Sorry, I have opinions. Also, make sure to put your opinions below and don't make a complete ass of yourself by saying kill yourself in the comments. Anyway, bye

kill yourself

pixels

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#10 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@breadcrumb said:

This is just one long sentence i do not wish to read.

So if you want anyone to take you serious or even try to read what you wrote. Remember Paragraphs.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#11 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

Destiny is a really good game.

Skyrim is so much better than Oblivion.

Final Fantasy 13 was really fun.

Half-Life 2 is only average.

Metal Gear Solid 2 is the best in the series.

I like every Quantic Dream game a lot...not ironically either.

DrRollinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DrRollinstein
Member since 2016 • 1163 Posts

@mastermetal777 said:

You maniac.

Mordant221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Mordant221
Member since 2013 • 372 Posts

Idk why, but every time someone posts a wall of text, I just really don't wanna read it. But when put in paragraphs, even if it's the same length, no issues. Anyone know the psychology behind this?

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#14  Edited By nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@breadcrumb:

Huh? None of those were that unpopular of opinions. ? ? Hell, I'm actually with you on Final Fantasy XIII not being that bad of a game.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11687 Posts

@mordant221 said:

Idk why, but every time someone posts a wall of text, I just really don't wanna read it. But when put in paragraphs, even if it's the same length, no issues. Anyone know the psychology behind this?

It's why we have paragraphs; it eases you in and appears less overwhelming, creating structure.

Works the same as drawing a dot on paper. Your eye will immediately focus on the dot.

However, if I kept the pen to paper, and scribbled a big mess yours eyes will immediately look all over, not knowing what to focus on.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nepu7supastar7

I got an unpopular opinion.

I actually consider Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 one of my favorite Sonic games.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44486 Posts

The Call of Duty games are great games.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By nepu7supastar7

I think Bob's Burgers is funnier than Family Guy.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 poe13
Member since 2005 • 1441 Posts

This is a unique idea, us telling our unpopular opinions. Unfortunately I seem to almost always agree with the critics and/or the users on whether or not a game is good. Let me see if I have some here:

Bloodborne is better than all of the Souls games (still love the Souls games as well).

Half-Life 1 and 2 were just okay, nothing to write home about (I know this was already said in here but I just had to agree).

Deus Ex 1 was just okay (the music was spectacular, but the game itself was pretty average).

Boy, I'm really drawing up blanks otherwise. I just seem to agree a lot with the majority on certain issues. For instance, Fallout 4 is a lite RPG and sucks hard. Street Fighter V needs arcade mode and Versus against a CPU, otherwise it feels pretty empty with online and a few modes to sorta whet your whistle and learn the moves. These are popular opinions that I wish I could change, but those two games could have been so much more.

GuitarGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GuitarGamer
Member since 2016 • 9 Posts

My unpopular opinions:

Red Dead Redemption is the best game of the last few generations. Superior to GTA V in many ways. It has better story, better characters, the best soundtrack, etc.

GTA V is way too milked with monthly updates. I don't like Rockstar updating GTA Online constantly because there is a point when too much cars amd guns exactly equal to each other is just ridicoulous.

Knights of the Old Republic is the game I disliked the most of all times. The combat system is horrible. The character developing is terrible (except for Revan). I didn't like it at all. Kill me if you please, KOTOR fans.

I dislike the way DICE is making BF1 because it's just BF4 re-skinned instead of a real WWI experience. Many enjoy it, but I don't like the way things are going up in the next Battlefield.

Kill me if you please, but provide arguments if you are going to...

csward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#21 csward
Member since 2005 • 2155 Posts

You're allowed to have whatever opinions you want. Who cares what others think?Grow up.

Pixels.

Valkeerie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By Valkeerie
Member since 2013 • 326 Posts

I prefer an easier game once dealt with a steep learning curve, than getting tricked into hard ones by learning them easily. The former makes you patient and, for the time being, allows you to enjoy it. I regret having wasted time with the games left unfinished.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#23 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

My unpopular opinion is that the witcher is nowhere near as good as people make it out to be, and it has big flaws too. I still love it, but its not the be all, end all game everyone acts like it is.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#24 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@hillelslovak said:

My unpopular opinion is that the witcher is nowhere near as good as people make it out to be, and it has big flaws too. I still love it, but its not the be all, end all game everyone acts like it is.

You are not alone there.

Witcher 3 is probably one of the biggest overrated titles of the century

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

OK, I'll give you all some real, unpopular opinions of mine.

1. Every game Valve has ever made, is trash. L4D, Portal, TF2, HL, all of them. I see people begging so much for HL3, and I have no idea why. They've all sucked terribly.
  2. I liked Star Fox Zero's unique controls. There not something I'd want for every game, but I enjoyed my playthough of the new Star Fox, and the controls where a big part of that.
  3. Sunshine is the best Mario game. Deflino Plaza was such a fun hub-world to explore, the levels where really creative, FLUDD was awesome and unique. The levels without FLUDD are the most challenging in the series. Also, the Galaxy games don't come anywhere close to been as good as 64 or Sunshine.
  4. Red Dead Redemption was bland, lifeless and boring. The only good part of the game was the "betrayal", and even that is incredibly over hyped.
  5. Gen 4 is the best Generation of Pokemon, and this is coming from someone who started playing the series when Red & Blue first came out. HeartGold/SoulSilver and Platinum are without question, the best games in the series.
torenojohn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#26  Edited By torenojohn7
Member since 2012 • 551 Posts

Home consoles need to just die already so that gaming industry can finally move forward without limiting itself to console's licencing&hardware limitations, Xbox One has already become compatible with Windows 10 so its only a matter of time before Sony&Nintendo give up and release their games on PC(even if they don't they will be emulated anyway, so boo hoo!).

If there's one thing i love about the modern generation of gaming its the resurrection of PC gaming and the growing irrelevance of consoles.

Oh, and the Legend of Zelda 3d games suck! they're nothing special, almost all the other 3d exploration/RPG/platforming games that took inspiration from it are better and its contemporaries like YS series are like way way better! i fail to see why the Nintendo fanbase drools over this game series.

Seanh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Seanh
Member since 2015 • 203 Posts

Actually, Final Fantasy XIII did suck as a Final Fantasy game - I'm a life long Final Fantasy fan by the way, so it does pain me a little to admit this. It was so structured it should have been a platform game, not an RPG. The promise of Gran Pulse being this insane ''open world'' area of the game was the only aspect of it that kept me going, and that was disappointing.

I also agree with you. Fallout 4 is crap. The last time I played it was November 30th 2015, and that is also when I received it (As a gift I asked for because I loved Fallout 3).

loafofgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By loafofgame
Member since 2013 • 1742 Posts

Consumers who think they were misled or hyped into buying a videogame should take some responsibility and be critical. Only consumers are to blame for any purchase misery they went through.

Also, how unpopular one's opinions are is mostly constructed by oneself.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7348 Posts

@mordant221 said:

Our minds like to sort and compartmentalize information. Paragraphs help make this easier because it gives your brain a physical reference point where one packet of information ends and the other begins. Even if the information is the same, your mind feels like it has less sorting to do.

New paragraph to signal new topic. Your opinions are not actually that controversial. Fallout 4 has many detractors, as does Awakening. People love the 3DS, just not as many as the DS. And while they are not as vocal now that it's been so long, Final Fantasy XIII has passionate fan-base that used to pick a lot of fights on these forums.

If you really want to be controversial, say that the games industry needs to put more clothes onto and more thought into their female characters. That gets a lot people riled up these days :)

Pixels

gooch4011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By gooch4011
Member since 2016 • 139 Posts

Okay lets see here,

1. I liked CoD Ghosts

2. I think the whole eSport thing is stupid. (Competitions are okay but calling it a sport... nope)

3. Halo was boring and Master Chief was a dull character.

4. As much as I love the Souls games Bloodborne was better.

5. The Metal Gear Solid Story is too convoluted and sucked after 3.

pixels

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58485 Posts

@mordant221 said:

I imagine it is the same reason a pile of bricks and steel and rocks looks less appealing than a proper building; content-wise they both consist of the same materials, but structurally they are far different and one is vastly better to look out.

Unless you enjoy rubble piles *shrugs*

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#33 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

Never really liked the Zelda games,Ocarina in particular,always felt it wasn´t all that good.

I guess that´s pretty unpopular.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

I love Fallout 4.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@mastermetal777 said:

FF13 was just pure fun....can i meet you in real life and watch you play the game and show me the fun your having with it?

Every person i've met in real life has hated ff13, not just me not just people on the forums EVERY person i've lent my game to has hated and not even finished any of it.

SO describe the fun you had with it most people also didn't even wanna do let's play us of it since they consider the worst in the franchise that's how unfun it was sir with the final fantasy fanbase.

DrRollinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DrRollinstein
Member since 2016 • 1163 Posts

Dark souls is overhyped and riddled with tiny flaws that kill the experience every time i try to play it.

I liked Fallout 4 a lot. Like more than fallout 3 by a decent bit.

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2312 Posts

Witcher 3 was good but overrated.

Xbox brand has the least amount, varied and interesting franchises out of all platforms

Love the 360 controller, hate the xbone controller

Ps4 controller superior to xbone controller

lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 150

#38 lucidique
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts

@killered3: It was just way too linear in it's structure. Aside from that, solid rpg.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14823 Posts

Fallout 3 > New Vegas

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#40 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

@ProtossRushX: I liked the characters, the combat was enjoyable because I like seeing how fast I can win battles, the environments are absolutely beautiful, and I ultimately just had a fun time getting towards the open areas on Gran Pulse and unleashing my insanely OP team on everything. So yeah, I like the game.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#41  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

The only time a wall of text has worked was in House of Leaves and even then it was challenging to read.

Anyways, probably my most unpopular gaming opinion is that most things Rockstar makes (at least recently) are bloated and dull with way too much filler and mechanics that get in the way of the player enjoying the game to its fullest extent.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc06aedd290c
deactivated-5cc06aedd290c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5cc06aedd290c
Member since 2016 • 45 Posts

Well.. I liked fallout3, never bought 4.. and dont really intend to. I own a 3ds, 3ds xl, and a New 3ds xl and they are all are great.. and final fantasy xiii may be my favorite ps3 game, though I admit I havent beat lightning returns yet (but did beat 13-2).. and I own the collectors guides for all 3 of the '13' games.