Unfinished Game (Shame Pile) Challenge - 2013

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Chickan_117
Member since 2009 • 16327 Posts

Before the great GameSpot change of 2013 I we had a thread in the AU forums to monitor how many games we acquired and completed each month. The goal was to set ourselves a target and see if we could reach it by the end of the year but, as we soon found out, the side benefit was that we realised just how many damn games we bought but never finished!

Anyway, now that those forums are gone, I need somewhere to post the updates so I thought I'd move it here and invite everyone to join in.

If you'd like to join the challenge just post your starting count and your goal (e.g. I have 42 games on my shame pile and want to finish 10 of them by the end of the year). Then, at the end of each month, post how many your bought and completed and I'll update the spreadsheet.

If you'd like a helping hand tracking your games here's a little spreadsheet I made to help. Nothing special just an easy way to track your games. There are also a bunch of websites that perform the same function.

So... without further ado... here's the current scorecard. I'll update it as people post.

mjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By mjc  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 12723 Posts

Thanks for keeping it alive. I'll be sure to post my update by the end of the month.

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Chickan_117

Hmm... 3 gyms left to beat then the endgame... two days... I don't think Pokemon will be added to my list somehow

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Chickan_117

Not a bad month, completion wise. Especially when you consider I spent two weeks of it away on holidays without anything to game on!

mjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mjc  Moderator

Nice work. How'd you find DmC? Pretty good, huh?

I'll post mine when I get in this evening.

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Chickan_117

Absolutely loved it! Not as good as Bayonetta but still a great game and I really enjoyed the reboot story/Dante

mjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mjc  Moderator

I didn't do too well this month :(

I managed to complete 7

No Caption Provided

However, I added 15

With more in the mail, a few pre-orders due out soon, and two new consoles...my end of year results will look crap.

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Chickan_117

Holy crap!!! Still... you completed seven so that's impressive!

You got Deus Ex on PC? I thought you were gonna go for the WiiU version. Lemme know how it goes with Smartglass as I was keen to try that.

Hey would you mind sending a message to the people on the leaderboard letting them know about this thread? I can't msg them for some reason :(

mjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mjc  Moderator

@Chickan_117 said:

Holy crap!!! Still... you completed seven so that's impressive!

You got Deus Ex on PC? I thought you were gonna go for the WiiU version. Lemme know how it goes with Smartglass as I was keen to try that.

Hey would you mind sending a message to the people on the leaderboard letting them know about this thread? I can't msg them for some reason :(

I'm still waiting on my Wii U version of the Director's Cut. However, I decided to take advantage of the $5 upgrade on Steam to get the PC version as well. I thought I'd compare the two and decide which one later.

Sure, I'll get a message out soon.

Twisted14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By Twisted14
Member since 2007 • 3497 Posts

Oh hey guys. Thanks for the message MJ, I had been wondering about this lately.

Update for September: Acquired 3, completed 0

For October

Acquired: 4

Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Hell Yeah!
Rise of the Triad
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros

Completed: 2

Max Payne 3
Hell Yeah!

Bit of a shameful month, but I've finally been able to make progress on the completion end now that major uni assignments are done. Also, Mario and Luigi actually arrived today but I purchased it a couple of days ago so I'll count it as October.

Chamboosy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Chamboosy
Member since 2009 • 4309 Posts

I didn't buy any games last month, but I did complete Killzone: Mercernary which was really very good. I've been mostly playing Rayman Legends daily and that's about it. I was hoping to finish Hitman: Absolution in October, but no joy there. I have a feeling that my shame pile will go out the window once the PS4 is here.

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Chickan_117

@Twisted14 What did you think of ACR, Dream Team Bros and Max Payne 3? I loved the latter two but was disappointed with AC.

@Chamboosy As in you'll get rid of all your PS3 games or you're just gona stop monitoring because you'll be playing BF4 24/7?

Avatar image for Nickosaurus-Rex
Nickosaurus-Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Nickosaurus-Rex
Member since 2009 • 2580 Posts

Wow, my first post since the website changed. I still have no idea how to use the new site, but here's my update... I think.

Bought 1 - AC3

Beat 1 - AC:R

immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#14  Edited By immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts

I have a couple that I need to finish, the biggest being Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. I only got about 15 hours in and meant to go back to it but never did. A couple others are Driver: San Fransico (about 1/3 through) and the campaign of Black Ops 2. I thought I'd play BO2 on hard and that was a mistake, they spammed grenades like tards and I gave up a few levels in and never went back.

Edit: I just read the post, I thought this was games we started and never finished. If we're talking about total games owned never played I have probably around 20.

Twisted14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Twisted14
Member since 2007 • 3497 Posts

I haven't started ACR or Dream Team yet, too busy with uni. Plus I've been playing some Darksiders and Luigi's Mansion 2 and want to finish those first.

Max Payne 3 was great though. I think it fits in very well with the first two games. The story isn't quite as good as the first game but the writing and the work on Max's character is excellent and perhaps the best of the series IMO. It's just as fun as the previous games, the gunplay felt great and the environments are well designed and varied, with so much detail too. I think that's all I have to say about it, I'd love to play it again one day on hard.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#16 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

i would like to join

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Chickan_117

@Twisted14 - Sorry man I misread your post and thought they were ones you'd completed. Oops. I felt the same as you with MP3. Thoroughly enjoyed it though.

@The_Last_Ride - Sure thing. Just post your starting count and I'll put your name on the spreadsheet

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Currently have 77 in my backlog and i aim to finish at least 6 of them before the end of the year

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Chickan_117

I'm removing Plants vs Zombies 2 from my list as the damn game isn't finished }:[ Just finished the Wild WEst level and the next level isn't available yet so they advise I just play thru challenges whilst I wait. Screw that!

Actually fukkit. I'm gonna leave it in there and mark it off completed. I spent time playing the damn thing so I deserve to chalk up a win :)

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Chickan_117

This forum thread seems broken. Can't read any new posts after one seems to "break" it :(

If anyone still comes here (and can read this post) I've moved the challenge over to

http://dafap.com.au/topic/7132353/1/