Typically how long does it take for games to drop in price?

#1 Posted by MDK12345 (2528 posts) -

Games start off at 59.99. And am not sure why people always buy them at that price. I bought most of my PS3 games for 10 bucks. So for PS4, games are 59.99. But how long does it take for them to drop down to about 39.99? Also, is The Last of Us Remastered just gonna be 49.99?

#2 Posted by foxhound_fox (97010 posts) -

Weeks to years. Depends on the company, the sales performance and the demand.

Nintendo games usually stay at their starting MSRP for years, TLoU didn't drop for at least 6-8 months (which is weird for a AAA blockbuster game) and Thief dropped to $30 (on PC) in less than two months. It's impossible to say.

#3 Posted by Jacanuk (13065 posts) -

@mdk12345 said:

Games start off at 59.99. And am not sure why people always buy them at that price. I bought most of my PS3 games for 10 bucks. So for PS4, games are 59.99. But how long does it take for them to drop down to about 39.99? Also, is The Last of Us Remastered just gonna be 49.99?

Games never start at 60$ unless your talking about physical pc/console games.

If you are talking about PC games no game starts there. There is always either 20% off or a sale within a sort time, but it depends on how successful it is.

Avatar image for empiresdownfall
#4 Edited by EmpiresDownfall (63 posts) -

Depends on the game. Call of Duty Black Ops 2 can still be found for $40 brand new, yet theres already another game AND 1 soon to be released.

Halo 4 on the other hand, can be found for <$10 if you know where to look.

#5 Posted by vashkey (33782 posts) -

Depends on how much it costs from the start and how popular it is. Now a day though you can expect pretty much and retail 60 dollat game to drop in price within the first year. if it's not a crazy popular game it's getting a price drop in six months, sooner if you're looking for deals