Trying to play 3- 4 games at once. Which one should I play through first?

jrez7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 jrez7
Member since 2019 • 5 Posts

Ok so I have God of War, Spiderman ,Red dead Redemption 2 and Resident Evil 2 remake. I haven’t beat none of them because I been splitting time between the four and playing certain games on certain days.

I know at some point I’m have to stop play just one and stop playing the other 3. I’m assuming Red Dead is the longest out of the four.

My question is which games should I play first and in which order

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 1

#2 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 9263 Posts

While I could just select my preference, doesn't seem that would accomplish much for you. So really what's your preference from that list?

Reason why I ask is I tend to play two games at a time personally.

My first is always a comfort food-game, catering to my preference, as such can be very relaxed while playing. The other can really be anything, I've dipped outside my comfort-zone so many times but they're usually story heavy stuff, these ones I play in smaller sessions, on less stressful days. Because I find these more bloated.

Based on your list Spider Man and Read Dead 2 would be my secondary because I do not find openworld games very relaxing by default. Long cutscene games only adds to my distaste. Usually these two combines is an absolute "no" for me.

Yet, openworld games maybe what you prefer. So go with the kind of games you 'want to play' as the priority.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3215 Posts

I'd play shortest to longest. I only play one game at a time though unless it's MP or a non story driven game.

So my order would be RE2, GOW, spider-man then RDR2.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

User Lists: 0

#4 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 79944 Posts

I don't juggle games anymore. I have so many unfinished games as a result. I play a game all the way through, and then start a new one. If I were in your shoes, I'd just throw them in a box and pull one out and beat that, then pull the next one out, beat that, etc., because you'll want to beat them all at some point anyway.

Avatar image for Alexander2cents
Alexander2cents

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#5 Alexander2cents
Member since 2012 • 285 Posts

Resident Evil 2 Above all.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 46593 Posts

I would recommend playing them in pairs.

God of War and Resident Evil are both fairly linear, so I would pick one of those two.

Spider-Man and RDR2 are both open-world, so pick one of those two.

Play the linear one, then when you get bored go for the open-world one.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3103 Posts

god of war

spider man

resident evil 2

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 9263 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

God of War and Resident Evil are both fairly linear, so I would pick one of those two.

Play the linear one, then when you get bored go for the open-world one.

God of War (IV) is hardily a linear game honestly. It has linear sections, but high in large many of the areas are extremely open-ended and vast. I would even compare its level design to games such as Deus Ex and Dishonered to give a vague idea.

Then again level design was one of the better elements of the last GoW game. Could have done with some camera options because that over-the-shoulder view just didn't work for the game.