trying anthem with ea access - addictive but bland , would you play if they did the ""over hall"" rumoured

Flyin3lvl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Flyin3lvl
Member since 2013 • 2826 Posts

curiosity got me trying and after that disappointing need for speed heat thought meh why not

not a dead game like many narratives would like you to believe - this was the point i wanted to make , but mini review

i know many say ""iron man"" i go around like a bad ass madalorian.

skipping all text and not paying attention to the ""choices"" as it dont matter - sersioly i cant tell you anything about the story or characters all i hear is ""um erm um na me "" (skip, skip, skip , skip )

gun play is good and the sounds from them are alright some meat to them, generally sounds good on all fronts (expect the talking :D)

with the upgrading - some of the numbers still dont add up - low gear more power then high ?!

and still (some) long load screens .....

is anyone interested in anthem if its true and they do a over hall ? i see the appeal and like the gun play / super powers but its really 3rd person destiny isnt it ......

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 3687 Posts

@Flyin3lvl: the game is like 5 bucks right now, I thought about snagging it, ive heard some of the core mechanics are good, and it looks good, just that the content was repetitive and end game content was non existant and made it feel like a waste of time. I hope they do make it better, pull a no mans sky or some shit with it.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#3  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 8808 Posts

A non-competitive cooperative RPG experience taking on quests to get better loot? Nah, I have had Monster Hunter games for fifteen years. Does everything Anthem advertises to offer but delivers on every front. And has better gameplay. Iceborne only continues to prove this.

I know some hate this comparison but I still think this as the prime comparison. Even if MH is taken out the subject it's also not as fundamentally good as Division 2 or Destiny 2 for "looter shooters".

Only side I see of value in Anthem, is the flying. And that's not enough for an estimate 200,000,000 dollar budget, with six years of development.

Would be cool if Anthem gets a magical overhaul for those stubborn fanbois who cannot let go. At least then they'd play a good game. However in truth think these supporters are leading Bioware quicker to the EA grave_

It would be in Bioware best interest to move along and not waste resources. They've factually sucked twice in a row (Anthem and Andromeda) and should come clean on that.

Bioware became well-known for making talkative RPGs with sexy side-quests. Gameplay, depth, let alone multiplayer; is not Biowares strong-suit.

*Think people! No Man Sky was Hello Games only game. They have no portfolio, and sold a product on a fleeting premise. They had to update or otherwise they have no creditable reputation at all. Other projects would fail out the gate. Bioware has a chance to succeed 'if' they go back to what they're known for, over chasing out of their league.

Anthem needs to die.

Flyin3lvl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Flyin3lvl

@jeezers: most of the points you make are true, i gave it try, a month was £3.99 (uk) and yeah its core is solid just a let down and i see potential...... i guess if no man can then they all can ?! but they shouldnt be in this mess in the first place .... worth playing for a mindless shooter but its destiny- cant get round that :d

Flyin3lvl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Flyin3lvl

@RSM-HQ: I LOVE MONSTER HUNTER WORLD ! havnt got ice yet and missing out on the horizon cross over and totally stuck on the witcher crossover, i cant beat that dude with the fire its the first meeting and i cant win. get him to the forth act when geralt says ""lets finish this"" but he finishes me

anthem the flying is sweet

im torn i see the game its wants to be should they try, anthem 2 would never sell but if they dont fix this and just move on well if the 4th game turns out to be a stunner with the old magic will the general gamers embrace or just feel burned to try ......

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RSM-HQ

@Flyin3lvl: The Witcher quest recall well because helped someone else on this forum who struggled with it. It's not that difficult honestly, but I know it throws a lot of newer hunters off because it's a big monster solo quest with no SOS. When in fact this is the best time to reflect back on MH mechanics/ tactics the game offers.

The actual encounter begins near an environmental hazard, drop the boulder on the Leshen for massive damage. When all monsters are raged (red flashing eye icon) you can manipulate the monster into whatever zone you like and leads to more environmental hazards, or zones that better fit your playstyle. I recommend leading it towards Rathalos lair and drop the waterfall on it. Fire is great but don't forget these other factors. Manipulating a hunt to your advantage is always a huge benefit. Leshen can be mounted, always worth doing.

Geralt by default is also sword and shield; however you can change this at anypoint to your preferred weapon of choice.

I think all these hints should help you kill it with relative ease. Done right could do with much time to spare and zero carts.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jeezers

@Flyin3lvl: yeah i have monster hunter base game, it was great but the expansion is a little pricey for me, I'll wait for when its sub 10 bucks.

I'm just responding to let you know I went ahead and snagged anthem today for 5 bucks at game stop, was able to get resident evil 2 for 16 bucks as well.

hell for 5 bucks why not, ive gotten to a point where i have absolutely no need to buy anything at launch, gaming has gotten so cheap for me lately, I always have a backlog, the backlog is permanent, theres just too much.

Hopefully they do fix up anthem, but even if they dont eh 5 bucks I dont care 😆 but if they do sweet

Flyin3lvl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Flyin3lvl

@RSM-HQ: i havnt tripped any hazards because well i dont know how but i can poison him that's as far as skills go - i tried with the bow first because that's my hunter set up but realised no good , no good at all

tried a big sword blade but seemed to slow

i tried his default sword and lost

switched to duel blades did much better, especially against those three monsters he summons even played channelling my dark souls / bloodborne tactics which had some success but those three knock into me i cant escape and bam he gets a finishing blow when all i wanna do is doge

didnt know he could be mounted.... but i will try your advice i cant believe how complicated im making this fight , thanks for the reply/ advice

Flyin3lvl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Flyin3lvl

@jeezers: im doing the same with ice will have to wait for a price drop , 5 bucks is a damn good deal and defo will get moneys worth out of it , i do a couple of missions a day then switch out (at moment god of war ps4) so that repetitive loop dosnt get to stale to quick and honestly save time and skip the talking it bare no weight to anything just go out and shoot and (slowly) build that suit

the strong hold was kinda intense but not picking up anything special in the runs - which again is true to the users reviews getting next to nothing that is better then what i already have

so many faults in one game but worth it for a play, one and done, lets have mindless fun for couple hours before taking on the better games...... like resi 2 :D

only games at moment ready for launch is ff7 remake (pre ordered) , last of us 2 and hopefully xmas jedi fallen order :d

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RSM-HQ

@Flyin3lvl: Environmental Hazards are marked on your map with a trap symbol. Some work due to monsters thrashing strong moves in the area (or can be activated with general explosives), but most can be activated from slinging rocks or other wrist ammo.

In the zone you start fighting the Leshen look above and you'll notice a huge range of boulders held by vines, if you sling something at it, they'll fall. If the Leshen is in that general area will do a lot of damage to it.

In Iceborne new environmental hazards are added, one being an avalanche. So I recommend getting accustomed to them for tougher hunts. They really make a hunt go more smoothly, and are just visually enjoyable. Think them as useful as turf-wars, without the baggage of an extra monster.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jeezers

@Flyin3lvl: yeah to be honest so far in actually liking anthem lol the graphics are actually pretty good (minus the pop in) and the combat/flying mechanics are solid, ive been skipping the dialouge but its not as bad as I thought it would be. Definently glad I snagged it, playing as the interceptor javelin has been fun.

Its in the rotation tho, havent even tried RE2 yet but when I have friends online I switch to COD, and some pokemon shield on the side. Jedi fallen looks great, I will get it down the road, I'm just overwealmed by the amount of games on my backlog, ive had Prey for months and havent tried it yet, not even half way through persona 5 as well.

Also games I get through ps plus, metalgearV, the surge, bloodborne I still need to beat.

Witcher 3 is still sitting on the shelf.... I just cant keep up any more, its quite the beautiful tragedy

I'm going to definently be waiting a few years before upgrading next gen, ive got more than enough vidgames