True Vault Hunter Mode Question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Vanillamarble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Vanillamarble
Member since 2011 • 232 Posts

Ok I know I'm going to sound stupid, but how does the quest scaling and all that stuff work in True Vault Hunter mode in Borderlands 2? I was told not to do the side quests until after the main story because it will scale with you and you can get better loot, but I don't know what to do.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#2 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Do all the sidequests you want at any time you want. Prefereably as soon as you can.

Vanillamarble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Vanillamarble
Member since 2011 • 232 Posts

I would rather do the side quests when I can get better loot, so is it better to do it now or later if everything does scale to my level after I beat the main quest?

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#4 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

You get a new game plus after you beat the storyline. And you will get better loot with level progression anyways, with or without doing sidequests. So might as well do the sidequests, which help you level up faster, to gain better loot during the story and future sidequests.

Olizart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Olizart
Member since 2010 • 46 Posts
Either way you do it is fine. I've gone back into normal mode after I've leveled up my character a bit in true vault hunter mode, just so its a little easier to run through them because you'll be a much higher level. My only mistake was starting true vault hunter a bit early, I was around level 28. I've been told its recommended to wait til at least level 30+.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#6 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

True Vault Hunter mode? I'm guessing that's the name of the second playthrough in BL2?

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

True Vault Hunter mode? I'm guessing that's the name of the second playthrough in BL2?

Metamania

Yes.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#8 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

Vari3ty

Yes.

Ok cool. Looking forward to going through it once the first playthrough is done!

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

[QUOTE="Vari3ty"]

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

Metamania

Yes.

Ok cool. Looking forward to going through it once the first playthrough is done!

I have not yet reached a second playthrough yet but from what I've heard it is MUCH more difficult than the first. Enemies use better weapons and are all around much tougher, but of course the loot is better then as well, so it's a tradeoff.