Trouble beating a Deus Ex: HR boss. (possible spoilers)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ElectronicMagic
ElectronicMagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ElectronicMagic
Member since 2005 • 5412 Posts

Alright, I am having some trouble here. I'm battling the female boss(can't remember her name) in the room with the AI news broadcaster in it. I try to listen to what she says, it sounds like she is giving me tips on how to defeat her but I can't hear/make out what she is saying to me. So if anyone can help I would appreciate it. So basically I fill this boss full of holes, she runs off and then comes back for more until she finally kills me. I don't know what to do. I thought shooting the generator she is near when she runs away my help, but that only helps kill me too. So what do I need to do to beat this boss? Thanks in advance.

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

All the boss fights are the same. Attack, retreat, heal, repeat. Just keep at it.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

typhoon

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#4 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts

typhoon

Flubbbs
Yup. Beating the bosses the 'right' way is no fun at all as they're so poorly designed. Typhoon your way through the ones that you can, brute force the ones you can't (with grenade launchers or something similar). The female boss can be typhooned in seconds, hopefully you've got some spare praxis points.
IZoMBiEI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 IZoMBiEI
Member since 2002 • 6477 Posts

just keep your distance from her, watch for the C4, and get out of her line of site while shes spraying. oh yeah and shoot her when you can. bosses in this game are pretty irritating.

punkpunker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 punkpunker
Member since 2006 • 3383 Posts

the locker has weapons you know.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

That female boss was EVIL! Then she glitched and stayed in the same position letting me kill her :P

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

It's much easier if you have the target seeking upgrade for the assault rifle or the electricity shielding upgrade for your feet. Typhoon also helps a lot, just let her get close and boom

Avatar image for 190586385885857957282413308806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 116

#9 190586385885857957282413308806
Member since 2002 • 13084 Posts
[QUOTE="Flubbbs"]

typhoon

DJ_Lae
Yup. Beating the bosses the 'right' way is no fun at all as they're so poorly designed. Typhoon your way through the ones that you can, brute force the ones you can't (with grenade launchers or something similar). The female boss can be typhooned in seconds, hopefully you've got some spare praxis points.

i don't remember not being able to typhoon a boss. there was one i think I had to wait a bit for the right chance.
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
If you don't have typhoon (which exists in this game solely to murder bosses) then spam emp grenades and shotgun blasts to the face at point blank range. An upgraded shotgun is pretty brutal in this game. Otherwise yeah typhoon.
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Black_Knight_00

spam shotgun blasts to the face at point blank rangeGodModeEnabled
wow, thanks General Patton :lol:

chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 chilly-chill
Member since 2010 • 8902 Posts
Boss fights in this game are a joke. I remember fighting the last boss and killed him in one melee hit while he vaulted over a wall...
Avatar image for ElectronicMagic
ElectronicMagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ElectronicMagic
Member since 2005 • 5412 Posts

Thanks for the advice. I don't have typhoon or the electricity thing that makes it so that floor won't electricute me. All I have is a heavy rife, machine pistol, shotgun and a revovler. And whatever comes in the lockers. So far I still can't take her down. I agree, the bosses in this game are the only bad part in my opinion. They are either too easy, too hard or just make me thing "What the hell do I do to take this guy down?".

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

It's such a shame that a great game is weighed down soooooo heavily by such crappy bosses. I hate that they pawned the bosses off to some other section of the team to do, they clash a lot with the regular gameplay. Wouldn't be so bad if they were MGS type bosses where you can kill or stun but to force you into fights everytime when you were sneaking and building up hacks etc. is ridiculous

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GodModeEnabled

[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]spam shotgun blasts to the face at point blank rangeBlack_Knight_00

I said use emp grenades first there super mario calm down.
darkheath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 darkheath
Member since 2002 • 143 Posts

Luckily I was saving Praxis points (I got to where I couldn't decide what I wanted, didn't seem to need anything new... so I saved them), so when I got to this part, I was able to upgrade to a fully functional Typhoon system WHILE she was starting to attack. Three shots later she was laying dead at my feet. It definitely felt a little cheap, but I was glad I was spared a tedious and frustrating "boss battle".

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Black_Knight_00
[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]

[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]spam shotgun blasts to the face at point blank rangeGodModeEnabled

I said use emp grenades first there super mario calm down.

Imma a-trow some a-emp grenades, let's a-go. Wo hoo
Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#18 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts

Luckily I was saving Praxis points (I got to where I couldn't decide what I wanted, didn't seem to need anything new... so I saved them), so when I got to this part, I was able to upgrade to a fully functional Typhoon system WHILE she was starting to attack. Three shots later she was laying dead at my feet. It definitely felt a little cheap, but I was glad I was spared a tedious and frustrating "boss battle".

darkheath
Gratz. As many have said, typhoon is the way to go with bosses. I want to ask, I really want to ask but that's kind of spoilerish.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#19 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
Boss fights in this game are a joke. I remember fighting the last boss and killed him in one melee hit while he vaulted over a wall...chilly-chill
That's a glitch though. I tried many times to use it but failed.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Blabadon

Boss fights in this game are a joke. I remember fighting the last boss and killed him in one melee hit while he vaulted over a wall...chilly-chill

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Black_Knight_00
[QUOTE="chilly-chill"]Boss fights in this game are a joke. I remember fighting the last boss and killed him in one melee hit while he vaulted over a wall...Blabadon

He's not even the final boss
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GodModeEnabled
Yeah the second to final boss was a d1ck for me, took me forever to beat him. It didn't help that I was handicapped the whole fight too.
chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 chilly-chill
Member since 2010 • 8902 Posts
[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="chilly-chill"]Boss fights in this game are a joke. I remember fighting the last boss and killed him in one melee hit while he vaulted over a wall...Black_Knight_00

Not my point, but whatever.
c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#24 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

Yeah the second to final boss was a d1ck for me, took me forever to beat him. It didn't help that I was handicapped the whole fight too.GodModeEnabled

Didn't have a save to re-load to prevent your augs from being disabled?

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#25 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
Yeah the second to final boss was a d1ck for me, took me forever to beat him. It didn't help that I was handicapped the whole fight too.GodModeEnabled
Yeah, I hated that guy too. When I discovered the handicap it was too late and couldn't return to the point where you get the new chip.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Blabadon
[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="chilly-chill"]Boss fights in this game are a joke. I remember fighting the last boss and killed him in one melee hit while he vaulted over a wall...Black_Knight_00

Final boss took me about ten seconds on Give Me Deus Ex, use the laser gun (glitch).
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
Keep moving, you can also notice her by seeing ripples in the water on the floor as well as the AI warning you when she's coming for you