Trophies and achievements you are most proud of?

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8770 Posts

Mine is for fishing a thousand times in Torchlight 2. Only a very tiny percentage have gotten this achievement and it took a lot of patience.

What are yours?

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

I got "Longest hit" in my age group at the hit-a-thon when I was a kid.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e83c14458072
deactivated-5e83c14458072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3  Edited By deactivated-5e83c14458072
Member since 2006 • 2727 Posts

Plat for MGS4 on PS3. It was both hard and time consuming. What a freaking masterpiece that game is.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11666 Posts

Hmm, proud is a weird word for me for achievements. Usually do it more to challenge myself and if I can go the extra step in my favorite games. I've gotten a few achievements and trophies. Not all challenging, some just because the games are really enjoyable_

Akumu mode in TEW is usually considered one of the hardest ones of the current generation of games I guess; though at this point I've done it eleven times.

Honor Mode achievement in D:OSII is also in the 0.3% scope of achieving. Though huge RPGs I imagine most beat once then dive into Game Master Mode. What makes Honor mode interesting is the game isn't exactly easy, can at times be cheap, add tactical difficulty and a lone save slot that deletes itself if the party is wiped. So require a perfect playthrough. Note that D:OSII isn't exactly a short game.

My last platinum was Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. Though wasn't challenging. The game was fun and was what I would call an easy platinum trophy. Just like SotN. Beating the CastleVania classics was harder, but I'm sure most either cheesed them using passwords or save-states. Which diminishes the experience honestly, wish they didn't add them-in but that's just me. .

*Probably have more but Akumu and Honor are likely considered the most overall challenging. Based on difficulty.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15913 Posts

My proudest trophy is the bloodborne platinum trophy. Idk I am so proud of the game for exceeding my high expectation I made efforts to platinum the game. Its not a hard platinum infact its one of the most platinumed game on ps4 so do give the trophy a try.

Also probably because I platinumed demon souls and dark souls 1&2 but those were purely for bragging rights.

Bloodborne 2 plis.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#6 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Well, without thinking too much I can say I beat the original Rayman. (Rayman Forever) Great game, but it's challenging.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

@RSM-HQ said:

Hmm, proud is a weird word for me for achievements. Usually do it more to challenge myself and if I can go the extra step in my favorite games. I've gotten a few achievements and trophies. Not all challenging, some just because the games are really enjoyable_

Akumu mode in TEW is usually considered one of the hardest ones of the current generation of games I guess; though at this point I've done it eleven times.

Honor Mode achievement in D:OSII is also in the 0.3% scope of achieving. Though huge RPGs I imagine most beat once then dive into Game Master Mode. What makes Honor mode interesting is the game isn't exactly easy, can at times be cheap, add tactical difficulty and a lone save slot that deletes itself if the party is wiped. So require a perfect playthrough. Note that D:OSII isn't exactly a short game.

My last platinum was Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. Though wasn't challenging. The game was fun and was what I would call an easy platinum trophy. Just like SotN. Beating the CastleVania classics was harder, but I'm sure most either cheesed them using passwords or save-states. Which diminishes the experience honestly, wish they didn't add them-in but that's just me. .

*Probably have more but Akumu and Honor are likely considered the most overall challenging. Based on difficulty.

Goddamm!, you've clocked TEW 11 times on Akuma mode? You must know it inside out by now. I just finished TEW2 on normal and I gotta say it's a really good game. I might be interested in playing new game plus in "classic" mode; I just hope I get to keep most if not all of my acquired gear/gel from the previous game.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RSM-HQ

@thereal25: Can never increase the difficulty only lower it for NG+, unless they patched this recently it has been close to a year since last I did a playthrough. Did read they added an Akumu mode and a few new features into TEW2 just before e3 2019.

Besides Classic in TEW2 doesn't allow gel upgrades, it's raw Survival Horror with very limited saves.

In some ways I prefer it over the original games Akumu, and seen some people find it more intimidating despite overall being a much easier challenge. Probably because of the save limitation.

Classic I found more balanced, as personally found some of the gel abilities game breaking, like the cover knife ability for example, very fun but turns most enemies into fodder. Can still upgrade weapons and all that goodness. Though removing gel means less back-tracking as well.

Classic in TEW2 is like Hardcore in RE2R, a well thought out challenge.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56080 Posts

I got all the achievements with Dead Space & Dead Space 2. I also platinum Spider-Man PS4 as my only plat on PS4.

heljar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10  Edited By heljar
Member since 2016 • 176 Posts

This was before Trophies and Achievements was a thing. I was very proud when I collected enough bolts to buy RYNO in the first Ratchet game. I spent days. Pouring over guides and walkthroughs to find tips on how to collect bolts. It was quite the ordeal, but fun to finally get RYNO.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34601 Posts

I don't remember the achievements I've unlocked, and I'm definitely not proud of them. I set my own goals. Not gonna do lame tasks because a dumbass achievement gets unlocked.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 thereal25

@RSM-HQ said:

@thereal25: Can never increase the difficulty only lower it for NG+, unless they patched this recently it has been close to a year since last I did a playthrough. Did read they added an Akumu mode and a few new features into TEW2 just before e3 2019.

Besides Classic in TEW2 doesn't allow gel upgrades, it's raw Survival Horror with very limited saves.

In some ways I prefer it over the original games Akumu, and seen some people find it more intimidating despite overall being a much easier challenge. Probably because of the save limitation.

Classic I found more balanced, as personally found some of the gel abilities game breaking, like the cover knife ability for example, very fun but turns most enemies into fodder. Can still upgrade weapons and all that goodness. Though removing gel means less back-tracking as well.

Classic in TEW2 is like Hardcore in RE2R, a well thought out challenge.

Alright, thanks for the info. I definitely wouldn't have the patience for classic then. But I might still do another playthrough because I finished the last one with heaps of unused gel/upgrades/ammo etc. so I feel like I missed out on alot of potential carnage.

Btw, I heard they've added "nightmare" mode to tew2 and there is also an update which allows console commands like invulnerability. Oh, and you can change to first person perspective as well. It requires an account with Bethesda.

@Litchie said:

I don't remember the achievements I've unlocked, and I'm definitely not proud of them. I set my own goals. Not gonna do lame tasks because a dumbass achievement gets unlocked.

I half agree with that. I also rarely if ever feel like doing some tricky task just for the achievement. But I like it when I'm just playing a game my own way and an achievement pops up.

Some of the games I've spent allot of time on have up to about 60% achievements.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34601 Posts

@thereal25: Yeah same. Can be fun to do something weird in a game and see an achievement popping up for it. But I'll never hunt for them. And I don't count them for 100%-ing a game.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RSM-HQ

@thereal25: Just looked up the list, honestly looks like a bunch of cheat codes to make the game easier along with the new difficulties.

We already had the FP view mode before that update, it's interesting if just a tad unpolished.

Sadly have no interest in a Bethesda account, so Todd should just add it like a normal feature instead of insisting on a bad service, not interested in Fall Out 76 updates and junk mail.

*An update creative lead and director for Ghost Wire Tokyo Nakamura Ikumi chan has left Tango GameWorks. I find this very concerning because Ghost Wire was her project. Leaving mid-development is never a good sign, so have to believe something(s) got added she didn't prove of.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 thereal25

@RSM-HQ: I can understand not wanting an account with Bethesda!

Interesting how Ikumi Nakamura has left Tango gameworks; she was definitely a crowd favourite at e3!

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RSM-HQ

@thereal25: Know most only saw her first at e3 but Nakamura Ikumi chan was actually pretty important to The Evil Within/ Psycho Break games. As creative lead designed all the bosses, enemy variants as well as being Mikami Shinji sans personal assistant/ apprentice. The art book for both games is filled with her notes and illustrations. She's basically a talented Resident Evil fan working for them.

The future isn't looking so good for Tango GameWorks all a sudden in my honest view but we'll see I guess.

As for Bethesda Acconts, hope I don't need it for D00M 64. . .

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Platinum for Demon's Souls

Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2 were easy. I basically got the platinum trophies before I was done playing the game.

Demon's Souls required a lot of farming. Normally I wouldn't care enough to do all the things but DeS is a special game.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 thereal25

@RSM-HQ: Doom64 got a 4.8 out of 10 on gamespot way back in 1997.

My hopes aren't high. But it might be nice for those with the nostalgic itch.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RSM-HQ
@thereal25 said:

@RSM-HQ: Doom64 got a 4.8 out of 10 on gamespot way back in 1997.

My hopes aren't high. But it might be nice for those with the nostalgic itch.

Well wouldn't know much about that. That score seems to do with the whole 'shallow' thing I mentioned in the Metacritic thread. Played them all in the 2000's and rate D00M 64 pretty highly among the set. Reason it has taken this long to resell is due to licencing seeing as id Software was not the developer.

Gamespot and many media sites are already known to have been dismissive of 2D sprites in that generation of early polygon technology.

Review bombing games that used 2D sprites was common. Comes across as childish and petty blogs reading some of those older reviews.