Top 10 of All Time

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Licazinha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Licazinha
Member since 2005 • 110 Posts

1. Freedom Fighters (I can't help myself, I've finished it three times and it's still great!)

2. Diablo II

3. Oblivion

4. Giants Kabuto (SEQUEL, PLEASE!)

5. Heavenly Sword (This may be because it was my first console game and I was a bit high from the new type of gameplay, but it still rules)

6. Halo Combat Evolved

7. The Sims II

8. Serious Sam

9. Prince Of Persia Sands Of Time

10. Vice City

How about you?

GTZ2k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 GTZ2k3
Member since 2003 • 472 Posts

I'm basing these on a mix of fond memories and amount of time I've wasted on each:

1. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - So immersive I still go back and play it today! 200+ hours and counting.

2. Super Mario World - So much to explore and unlock. Sure, SMB 3 introduced the overworld map, but World perfected it, and for me the 2D platformer in general.

3. Knights of the Old Republic - A great story and the only thing to get Star Wars right in the past decade (that include you Episodes I,II, and III).

4. Half-Life 2 - Great graphics, great story, great atmosphere, great physics. A modern classic!

5. Bioshock - A new game, I realize, but it was so utterly fresh, compelling, and sophisticated I can't imagine ever forgetting it.

6. Metal Gear Solid - Stealth action, ridiculous enemies, multiple-endings, and unbelievable boss fights!

7. Total Annihilation - Yeah, Starcraft became the popular one, but I always found TA better. Some of its innovations (massive scale battles, action queues, a new way of harvesting resources) are still impressive today.

8. Halo 2 - The game that brought back the LAN party for me, this time with consoles. The mutliplayer was a perfect blend of tactics and chaos.

9. Counter-Strike: Source - And the game that still rules LAN parties for me. The fast-paced rounds, teamwork, and weapons make this a winner.

10. Guitar Hero - This one squeaks in for getting me hooked on the music game genre. Though the sequels are obviously better, this is the pioneer of the now ubiquitous instrument genre.

RushMetallica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 RushMetallica
Member since 2007 • 4501 Posts

Gears of war- Self explanatory

Rock Band- Amazing music gameplay, great track list

Sim city 4-don't know why, I just love it

Those are my top 3

JerseyJ2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 JerseyJ2007
Member since 2007 • 303 Posts
No offense, but there are too many of these types of threads.
nickatnyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nickatnyt
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
there is no way i could figure out my top 10 but that is so awesome that your number one is freedom fighters..i picked it up on a whim and it definately was one of the coolest games i ever played especially at the end when i could order around like 15 guys into a school to waste people lol
kenji_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kenji_5
Member since 2008 • 68 Posts

gahh i have no idea, i wuld just amke sure to have brawl, melee, golden sun, and counterstrike

GulliverJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GulliverJr
Member since 2005 • 552 Posts

Max Payne and Max Payne 2

Civilization II

Alpha Centauri

Chromehounds (only the online portion)

PGR3

Rogue Spear

Rainbow Six Vegas

Falcon 4.0

Madden NFL 2001

Call of Duty

GTZ2k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 GTZ2k3
Member since 2003 • 472 Posts
Oh wow, I totally forgot about Max Payne. Good call!
Chrystsown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Chrystsown
Member since 2005 • 72 Posts

Hmmm, let's see...

1. Final Fantasy (original)-NES. This was the best game I played and the first to let me know Games could be art!

2. Final Fantasy 2 (4)-SNES. This game made me cry...yeah, I admit that.

3. Fable-Xbox. I loved the world and the music, and the story. This was a very fun game.

4. Mike Tyson's Punch-Out-NES. Dude, just mention this title, in ANY room with ANY guys over 18...instantaneous conversation piece.

5. Tecmo Bowl-NES. Read the above and the same applies here.

6. Street Fighter 2 (all of 'em)-SNES/Genesis. I have probably put more time into hadoukens then in anything else in my life.

7. Mortal Kombat-Genesis version. Its the game which practically created the ESRB...which could be good or bad depending on how you slice it. And the Sega version was bloodier, as the SNES version didn't have blood w/out the code, and even after it still was more like sweat than blood.

8. Call of Duty 4-Xbox360. This game is just pure pwnage. And eye candy to boot!

9. Halo:CE-Xbox. It should have been called (Halo:Grown Men Scared of the Dark). I have almost never been more immeresed in a shooter than in this game!

10. Lego Star Wars: The Original Trilogy-Xbox360. This game is the best tribute to the original Masterpieces, and I love every minute of it!

And, I know this topic has been done a million times...but that's the beauty of being a nerd. We love making lists of our favorite things. Over and over again. I do this with games, books, movies, bands...whatever. Its what we do.

SuperMario_46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#10 SuperMario_46
Member since 2006 • 4960 Posts
These threads are getting really annoying