Top 10 Games I'd Love to see at E3!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nath_Mac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

Edited By Nath_Mac
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

With E3 just around the corner I have some expectations about what will be shown, but this list is about the games I'd love to see however unlikely it may be - but hey, a guy can dream!

10. The last Guardian

Although theories and speculation are rife about this game since it's inception in 2007 I actually am expecting to see something on this game, the original was a truly brilliant game and I hope Sony avoids butchering this classic, which I assume is why the development cycle has been so long, although this isn't always a good thing (i'm looking at you duke!) if executed well and with exclusivity to the PS4 this could really bolster hardware sales also.

9. Max Payne 4

This is a franchise i'd love to see get another addition to the brilliant trilogy, the stories are expertly crafted and delivered, the action is fast paced, gripping and who can forget how bad ass bullet time was! I'd love to join the pill popping gunslinger in another adventure, although we're unlikely to hear an announced anytime soon.

8. Half Life 3

Now I know what your thinking, this should have been higher on my list but while I am a huge fan of the half life games and how they've impacted the world of gaming, I cant help but feel that this game will not live up to the colossal amount of hype surrounding it - nevertheless I'm sure that valve will not allow a beloved franchise like this to be sub par, just give us something Gabe!

7. Shadow of the Colossus 2

I adored this game, it was fun, difficult and compelling, the shear scale of the colossi alone had me in awe the first time playing it, not to mention that superb soundtrack that really rounded off the experience. This was a truly epic game and I would love to see it get the sequel it so rightly deserves.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbqtXlXRl4

6. Rainbow 6: Patriots

Coincidentally Rainbow 6 takes the number 6 spot on my list, it seems that showing games early and then delaying them has become somewhat of a staple in their marketing strategies (watchdogs and the division spring to mind), after hearing about this game around two years ago we've had news that they essentially brought it back to the drawing board. This game looked like it was shaping up to be a top class shooter and i'm excited to see what they do with it.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTrgNxeUWw8

5. No Man's Sky

Since it's trailer and announcement at the VGX awards I have been eager to hear more about Hello games studio's new game, everything about it excites me, it's exploration based on the gorgeous procedurally generated planets, the gameplay, the presentation, soundtrack and discovery mechanics to name a few. this has all the makings of an exceptional game, but alas the studio has had an issue with flooding which has of course pushed back development but I hope it gets somewhat of a showing at E3 as i'm eager to see more.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJLmWV7BF4w

4. Resident Evil 7

With the two previous iterations being to put it nicely, not the best in the hugely successful series, i'm very interested to see how Capcom will get back on the right track with these games as the change from a survival horror to a pretty generic action game has hurt the franchise quite a bit - but nevertheless Resident evil still has huge amounts of potential and I cant see Capcom making the same mistake for a third time.

3. Mirror's Edge 2

This game is without a doubt one of my favorite games of the previous generation, it provided a real interesting spin on a pretty stale genre, the idea was relatively simple but ingenious, granted the game was a tad clunky and the story wasn't the greatest, but the experience is simply one not too be missed and deserved a lot more notoriety than it got. I feel that now is the ideal time to transform this single proof of concept into one of the great franchises thanks to the next gen platforms, fingers crossed it makes an appearance at E3.

2. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

(****WARNING SLIGHT SPOILERS****) First of all let me be clear that I am a HUGE metal gear fan, and have absolutely no doubts that this will be an exceptional game, I do however have a couple of concerns about its direction as apposed to its predecessors, I fear that it will take itself too seriously, I did not like the way ground zeroes story panned out - most notably the way in which they handled the returning character Paz.. I felt it was completely unnecessary, it seemed like Kojima went out of his way to make you feel uncomfortable for the shock value, metal gear has always had a light hearted approach to serious situations, but ditching that in favor of this much, much darker approach is not the way metal gear should be going in my opinion (No more cardboard boxes!?).

My other concern is about Metal gear online, this was without a shadow of a doubt my favorite online game, and after sinking 1500 + hours into it i was extremely upset to see the servers shut down, It was everything I wanted in an online competitive shooter, tight interesting mechanics, quality game modes, features such as becoming an instructor, RPG elements, in game currency to change the aesthetics of your character and a brilliant scaling level and emblem system; not to mention the fun I had competing with my clan in survival and the bi - weekly tournament for unique rewards; bearing all this in mind i have very high expectations of MGO 2 and am a little less optimistic after hearing development had been handed to a western developer, now on the contrary this may in fact end up improving on the concept, all I hope is that it is just that - an improvement on the original concept and not a complete change. Needless to say I will be keeping a close eye on MGS V, and im sure Konami will not disappoint!

1. Fallout 4

Not really a surprise I know but I am so excited to hear any news on this game, or at least an official conformation that it exists, it's killing me! this has to be the most anticipated game of this year and with good reason, plus after the Elder scrolls online release which in my opinion was pretty disappointing, us hardcore fans need another top notch iteration to satiate our appetites, Fingers crossed we will see something at E3!.

If your interested in what i'd like to see in Fallout 4 check out my wishlist right here and also comment on what you would like to see in a new fallout game

My Fallout 4 Wishlist!

There you have it, the top 10 games i'd really love to see at E3 2014; but i'm interested to know, what are the games you would like to see at E3? or even to see have a sequel? leave your answers in the comment section & Thanks for reading!

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Shadow of the Colossus 2 probably ain't going to show this E3 because the developers (Team ICO) are the ones making "The Last Guardian" and because of all the delays, they probably have their hands too full to even ponder whether or not they should make a sequel to Shadow of the Colossus.

Bethesda Softworks confirmed over twitter about two weeks ago that their game (most likely Fallout 4) wasn't going to show during E3.

I can forsee us getting another teaser for Mirror's Edge 2. Actual gameplay probably won't happen for awhile since it isn't on the highest priority list for Dice and EA. (Because of Battlefield Hardline and SW Battlefront)

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#2 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

1 shenmue 3 2 half life 3 3 doom 4 4 fallout 4 5 RDR2 6 legasy of kain blood omen 2 7 alan wake 2 8 panzer dragoon daga 9 last guardian 10 tomb raider 2

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

@geniobastardo said:

there's a nice list you've got there.I'd always wanted a sequel to the stellar Shadow of the Colossus.

Well I want to see Final Fantasy XV on PC and another Devil May Cry.

Another DMC would be nice. I really liked the DMC reboot combat wise, it was........fabulous. Hopefully Ninja Theory is working on a new one since they haven't announce what their doing as of yet.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#5 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@nath_mac: That's the only one on your list i like, Shadow of Colussus 2 = Last Guardian mate

My list

1. Battlefront 3
  2. Mass Effect 4
  3. Dragon Age Inquisition
  4. Driveclub
  5. Destiny
  6. KOTOR III???
  7. Telltale Game of Thrones
  8. Pro Evolution 15 on next gen
  9. GTA V on next gen
  10. The Crew

The top 3 are really equal on my list. Those 3 are among my favorite games series' ever. I just want to see something from the top 2, i know we'll see something from Dragon Age. I want to know more about social stuff on Driveclub, Destiny needs to show their progress system a lot more. Number 6 is my wildcard which i know won't happen, but one can dream. Telltale just needs to show a trailer and say how the story is played. Do we play as several characters? PES 15 really needs to be shown off in next gen! GTA V should be on next gen, but i doubt they'll announce it. The Crew better not be delayed to 2015!

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6  Edited By Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

This is my list, hope you enjoy. Because I literally spent 5 minutes in photoshop for you! haha

Nath_Mac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Nath_Mac

awesome pic! yeah a new devil may cry would be awesome but bring back dante please, mass effect was a brilliant series and they'd be foolish not to give it a sequel. battlefront 3 is going to be awesome i think really looking forward to hear some news on that, same with Red dead 2 and seeing as the last RDR was released in 2010, and the dev cycle on rockstar's titles (the big ones anyway) spans about 4 years its safe to assume that we will be hearing something on this game either this year or next, but that's on the premise that they started develompent immediately after RDR, in the mean time ROCKSTAR a next gen port of GTA V and even RDR would be nice!

LiquidButter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8  Edited By LiquidButter
Member since 2014 • 46 Posts

No love for Deus Ex? We already know there's going to be something. Only a matter of time...

Squidix screwed up their Thief remake (good riddance I say! Too many medieval games anyway), but hopefully they could crawl back to decency with a sequel to Human Revolution. Was probably my favourite game of 2011.

Apart from that, I want CD Projekt RED to push aside their new Witcher game (Medieval, yuck) and give us some news about Cyberpunk 2077.

Nath_Mac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Nath_Mac

havent heard anything about cyberpunk in a while! this game does look awesome though fingers crossed we hear something about it at E3

High-Res

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By High-Res
Member since 2005 • 273 Posts

@nath_mac: A new Rainbow 6 I would be excited about. People tend to forget before Call of Duty ruled the roost, Rainbow 6 was king of the Xbox Live shooters for YEARS!!!

Plus, it's the only Genre/Category Ubisoft is lagging in right now. A really good Shooter and they would be the #1 Publisher of 2014!

Oh, and I wouldnt mind seeing a new Football game, like the one from Dreamcast return, 2k something or another. Forgot who made it, I just know it was the last Football game I enjoyed. Can't stand Madden. Has always felt like the players were sliding around and the controls always felt loose.

That 2k game, everything felt so tight!

LiquidButter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LiquidButter
Member since 2014 • 46 Posts
@High-Res said:
Plus, it's the only Genre/Category Ubisoft is lagging in right now. A really good Shooter and they would be the #1 Publisher of 2014!

Uh, Far Cry? Far Cry 3 was critically acclaimed, and they're coming out with a new one this year.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Damn this is going to be an awesome E3!

My list of some of the games I want to hear about most are (not including Half-Life 3, which is wishful thinking):

1. Mass Effect 4

2. Uncharted 4

3. Deus Ex Next

4. Sequal to Red Dead Redemption

5. Witcher 3

High-Res

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By High-Res
Member since 2005 • 273 Posts

@liquidbutter: Far Cry was a good game but it didn't have the kind of sales needed. Rainbow Six is in the neighborhood of 70 million units for the Franchise and Far Cry is only about 18 Million for the Franchise.

I'm cool with either franchise, I only mention Rainbow Six because before Call oF Duty 4 Modern Warfare, well....Rainbow 6 ruled the roost for all those players.

That's awesome they are making a new one, because that last one on X360 looked better than just about anything that's been released on XOne/Ps4.

Ghost Recon, another great shooter franchise...not sure why that one does so poorly either. I'm not a fan of the "Future" stuff, but that was a powerhouse franchise back in the day that Ubi kinda lost.

Hell, what is wrong with Ubi? Activision has 1 Shooter Franchise that matters. EA has 1 Shooter Franchise that matters, freaking UBI has 3 legendary shooter franchises in it's stable! Far Cry, Rainbow and Ghost Recon!

smitherton4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By smitherton4
Member since 2014 • 67 Posts

Hope you are right about Half-Life 3 and the Last Guardian. If Resident Evil 7 is there I hope it finally brings it back to its atmospheric roots which were sorely lacking in 5 and 6.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16  Edited By spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

My top 10 to see this E3 are:

1. Dino Crisis - The timing for a reboot for this series just feels... right, and so much seems to be hinting towards it. Nothing else I can really say, except I'll be disappointed and surprised if this doesn't get announced.
  2. Star Wars Battlefront - It was announced last year, so it's almost guaranteed that we'll see something of it this year. My main hope though is for them to confirm the return of Galactic Conquest from Battlefront 2, because without that the game is worthless.
  3. Mass Effect - I don't think we'll see much, if any game-play for this 4th installment, but I think we'll get a CGI trailer and some info on what to expect. I also think we'll get a confirmation for the rumored Mass Effect Trilogy set for X1 & PS4.
  4. Zelda U - It's pretty much guaranteed that it'll be announced this year. The real question is will it live up to extraordinarily high expectations?
  5. Gears of War - It's unlikely that we'll see anything of Black Tusks take on Gears of War, but it would be nice to get a little info on where the project is heading.
  6. Jak 4 - This series has been gone too long. Naughty Dog are focusing on Uncharted 4 and another unannounced game. I'm hoping that this is the other unannounced game, but at this point I'd take a sequel developed by another studio if it meant we'd get it.
  7. Viva Pinata 3 - One of the best Xbox Exclusives, needs to come back. Hopefully with the failure of Kinect Sports Rivals Rare will now be allowed to go back to there older IP's and make some non-Kinect titles.
  8. Halo 5 - Another title I don't think we'll see gameplay for, but again this is another game I think we'll see a trailer for. Also, as with Mass Effect, I do believe we'll see the rumored Halo Collection, or Halo 2 Anniversary.
  9. Super Smash Bros. - Hoping we'll finally get a release date for this one, and find out some more characters, specifically the fates of characters from the past games.
  10. More Star Wars Games - A bit of a fluke answer I guess, but I want to know what else EA is going to do with the licence.

Some honorable mentions: The Last Guardian, Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, Beyond Good & Evil 2, Mirrors Edge 2, Kingdom Hearts III, Final Fantasy XV, Crash Bandicoot.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44105 Posts
Here's what I'm really excited/hoping to see at E3:
  • Halo 5
  • Halo 1-4 collection
  • Mass Effect 4
  • Dragon Age 3: Inquisition
  • new Gears of War
  • Resident Evil 7
  • Grand Theft Auto V for current gen
  • Kingdom Hearts 3
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • Red Dead Redemption 3
Avatar image for Enfamous_Mr_BHC
Enfamous_Mr_BHC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Enfamous_Mr_BHC
Member since 2013 • 177 Posts

@High-Res:

@High-Res said:

@nath_mac:

Oh, and I wouldnt mind seeing a new Football game, like the one from Dreamcast return, 2k something or another. Forgot who made it, I just know it was the last Football game I enjoyed. Can't stand Madden. Has always felt like the players were sliding around and the controls always felt loose.

That 2k game, everything felt so tight!

This!!!!

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#19  Edited By Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Project Beast, Rainbow Six: Patriots.

MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts

I'm looking forward to see Nintendo's presentation, but we already know what's gonna be there. I guess if I had a wish list it would look something like...

New Ninja Gaiden

Metal Gear Rising 2

Project Beast

Resident Evil

Mass Effect

Doom footage, just gimme something to prove this exists.

Ehh anything else would be icing on the cake after this. Can't think of much more I'd really wanna see.