wildcat2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 wildcat2000
Member since 2006 • 4498 Posts

Wasn't sure where to ask this but what's considered the better versions? Have always wanted to play these and have both systems but Trilogy is like $20 on amazon right now, new. Seems like a great deal to me.

I know about the exclusive dlc thing but I've never really cared about dlc anyway. Are those extra levels now free somehow or you still need to actually buy them from LIVE?

I'm asking more specifically about the graphics. I know the Trilogy versions of Anni and Legend are upgraded PS2 ports. Are the 360 versions noticeably better than these upgrades?

I kind of doubt there's a significant difference. I'm thinking Trilogy would be just as good overall.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2  Edited By Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

I've not played both (I've played PC and PS3 Trilogy) but I'd err on the side of the 360 versions because (as you said) they look better and include system specific DLC (which I've heard is quite good). I've also not heard anything about the PS3 versions having better performance, but I'd hope the 360 version holds up better as some of the later parts of Underworld drop to dizzyingly low framerates on the PS3.

Regarding graphics, the 360 versions look similar to how the PC version does with the "Next Generation Effects" box ticked. That is with textures that exhibit normal mapping/better lighting. For example Lara's dress in one sequence is clearly made of some kind of silky material with this effect on, but without it (which is how I imagine the PS3 version will run) it simply looks like a undistinguished, generic blue dress.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@wildcat2000: the trilogy has some basic "behind the scenes" stuff, but other than that i dont think theres much difference. Ive played the 3 on 360 and the trilogy, no major graphical difference. Weren't these games on Wii as well?

wildcat2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By wildcat2000
Member since 2006 • 4498 Posts

@jcrame10: Ya they were on Wii. That's what I wanted to know about...how the HD remasters compare to the already HD quality 360 versions. I've read a few say they should have just ported the 360s instead of retouching the PS2 versions.

Every review I've read and watched says the Trilogy updates look great. That the only drawback is the missing dlc from 360. Which is only the 2 extra stages in Underworld and alternate costumes.