Tomb Raider Anniversary question.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Xshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Xshinobi
Member since 2003 • 3011 Posts
I want TR:A but I can't pick between the ps2 or PC version. I have a gamepad for my PC and my pc can run it also I can get it off steam today but with the ps2 version I get a box and booklet. I have also been looking at bothversion's gameplay videos but can't tell which looks and runs better. I need some help with this please.
Sam_Smith1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Sam_Smith1996
Member since 2007 • 173 Posts
PC is probably better.
tman978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 tman978
Member since 2003 • 2007 Posts
PC is probably better.Sam_Smith1996
I have to agree with Sam. The PS2 is 7 year old technology. PCs get upgraded every yr. It will most definitely be better on PC. My PC is slow as crap and stalls with every thing I try to play so I have no choice but to get the PS2 version....since I dont wanna wait like 3-4 months for the Wii version.
Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts
It won't take that stellar of a PC to outshine the PS2 version in terms of performance and if you have a gamepad like you said then the PC version makes the most sense.
gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5 gamingqueen
Member since 2004 • 31076 Posts
You can still buy the one on ps2 since the graphics are spectacular from what I've heard so far. You'll get a hard time playing it on pc because of the difficult controls.
Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts

You can still buy the one on ps2 since the graphics are spectacular from what I've heard so far. You'll get a hard time playing it on pc because of the difficult controls. gamingqueen

If you have a controller, which this guy does the control is just as good as a console.  Also, since this game is  Games for Windows branded you can even use the 360 controller and have all of the mappings Tomb Raider Legend has.   I'm using a Rumble Pad II (basically a PS2 controller) and the demo for Anniversary played like a dream.

Xshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Xshinobi
Member since 2003 • 3011 Posts

[QUOTE="gamingqueen"]You can still buy the one on ps2 since the graphics are spectacular from what I've heard so far. You'll get a hard time playing it on pc because of the difficult controls. Large_Soda

If you have a controller, which this guy does the control is just as good as a console. Also, since this game is Games for Windows branded you can even use the 360 controller and have all of the mappings Tomb Raider Legend has. I'm using a Rumble Pad II (basically a PS2 controller) and the demo for Anniversary played like a dream.

I just paid for it on Steam. Thanks everyone for your help :D.  

mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 mimic-Denmark
Member since 2006 • 4382 Posts

I would say the PC version too.

And you dont need a controller, ive played legend with a mouse and a keyboard and diffently prefer that to a controller.