Titanfall DLC coming in May

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Respawn Entertainment unveiled the next batch of Titanfall DLC today at PAX East.

Titled Titanfall Expedition, the DLC will arrive in May with three maps that take place afterTitanfall's campaign.

The promo picture below shows a sneak peak at a map called "Swampland." One main feature of the map is the large number of trees which allow you to wall run in crazy, unpredictable paths. The second map, Runoff, is loosely connected to Swampland. According to the developers, "it has a lot of pipes and water." War Games, the last map, takes place within the area titan pilots train in.

Respawn is also adding the ability to customize titans with decals -- an often-requested feature from fans. Also, you'll be able to meet up with new Titanfall players by using identical hash tags.

"It's supposed to span beyond just gaming sites," Respawn said at its PAX East panel. "You don't have to trade gamertags and make parties and be online at the same time. It's not a way to boost. It's a way to coordinate so you can choose your teammates."

A recent patch added the Private Match mode, allowing you to play with and against your friends either casually or in tournaments. It also colors party members differently so it's easier to know where they are in the game.

Link

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44105 Posts

Sounds pretty good. I'm looking forward to checking out these new maps.

Gannon27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3 Gannon27
Member since 2014 • 103 Posts

This patch seems like an interesting one. Can't wait to try out Swampland and wall running along the trees. Did not know about the decals addition, but this is a great idea. I hope that it is good, or that they continue to add to it, so that you will be able to really customise your Titan. If this is the standard of the first dlc, it bodes well for the season pass stuff.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

I recently found out that you can make $6759 just from watching..........nah I'm just fucking with ya.

But seriously, I found out my PC goes above and beyond when it comes to running Titanfall. Ever since I made that discovery (thank you canirunit.com) I have decided I will buy Titanfall and see what all the fuss is about. But I doubt I would buy DLC for the game. Even if I enjoy to the same degree I enjoyed Battlefield Bad Company 2 or Black Ops 1 (favorite mutiplayer games of recent time), I doubt it would hold out my interest in dishing 15 hard cold dollars.

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#5 Jbul
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

Awesome. I fucking love this game. About to hit Gen 5. I know, I'm slackin'.