Tired of killing zombies and monsters

This topic is locked from further discussion.

elsameer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 elsameer
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

I'm really tired of killing zombies and grotesque monsters. This probably started around Far Cry. I really enjoyed killing the human enemies, but once I was onto the mutants, things went downhill from there.

Your thoughts on the subject?

coldtrimz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 coldtrimz
Member since 2005 • 301 Posts

i saw we start killing cars, jump on GTA and pretend the cars are your enemies......JK :)

Im sick of the zombies, but i cant get bored of Gears of War Mutants.

Curlyfrii87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Curlyfrii87
Member since 2004 • 15055 Posts
No... and i doubt i will be for some time!
XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

I dislike the whole "kill humans then monsters" concept in any FPS. It feels extremely lame. They only do that to make ammo more scarce, since monster aren't likely to have any, and to increase the amount of ammo required to kill it because, face it, every monster in any game will always be made stronger than human enemies.

It just feels like such a cheap tactic to artificially inflate the difficulty. Why not make the human enemies stronger and smarter as the incremental challenge element? Its a rhetorical question, because i know its a heck of alot easier to just make monsters.

martialbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 martialbullet
Member since 2006 • 10948 Posts

but killing robots aren't as much fun. They don't feel :( Just full of darn sparks -_-

ocdchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 ocdchild
Member since 2004 • 144 Posts
It depends on how much I'm enjoying the game. If it's just HackNSlash x10 with no real story / plot, I get bored easily and grow tired of it. But then again, I've never really enjoyed games were you just kill things until you get to the next level.
UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#7 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
Tired of killing zombies? Play Call of Duty: World at War..........oh wait!
Patrick_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Patrick_C
Member since 2003 • 1077 Posts
I'd say if you play video games and you're tired of killing zombies and monsters, your'e pretty much screwed.
armyman_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 95

#9 armyman_22
Member since 2004 • 1492 Posts

as long as im killing something im cool LOL

t3hrubikscube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 t3hrubikscube
Member since 2007 • 20414 Posts
Nah, I don't think I'll ever get tired of killing zombies.
gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gunswordfist
Member since 2006 • 20262 Posts
[QUOTE="martialbullet"]

but killing robots aren't as much fun. They don't feel :( Just full of darn sparks -_-

I disagree. Killing robots Star Wars Clone Wars 9the original) style would be cool. lol
Kat12293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Kat12293
Member since 2009 • 47 Posts
i never get tired of killing aliens, or mutants, or monsters, but i dont like killing humans...or zombies for some weird reason... but yeah, if your tired of killing monsters and things your screwed, but you could always play a game that doesnt involve killing...nvm, that wouldnt be any fun
Leons-Hell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Leons-Hell
Member since 2008 • 296 Posts
I don't know how to be bored of killing zombies. Especially if it's in Dead Rising. I don't see any real difference in fun between killing human and monsters. Except games that have different game plays tend to exclude one or the other. (Stealth games hardly ever have monster)
bigd575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 185

#14 bigd575
Member since 2008 • 6192 Posts

as long as im killing something im cool LOL

armyman_22
lol yea i'm with armyman
Buneroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#15 Buneroid
Member since 2008 • 118 Posts
No. I actually want some more zombies/monsters (but zombies more). I only have 1 game so far this gen that has them and that is Cod: Waw, and that's onyl a bonus mode. I WANT RE5!
reawakened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 reawakened
Member since 2008 • 272 Posts

I'm really tired of killing zombies and grotesque monsters. This probably started around Far Cry. I really enjoyed killing the human enemies, but once I was onto the mutants, things went downhill from there.

Your thoughts on the subject?

elsameer

um u could try mgs4 or any other mgs as the only foes are ,theres deranged women,vamp,liquid snake,metal gear ray,gekko,and sop soldiers

mgs kills cod

Elemayo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Elemayo
Member since 2007 • 879 Posts
I don't mind it in games such as Half Life 2... But it gets boring after a while.
luno-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 luno-gamer
Member since 2007 • 405 Posts
well... not really. I'm not actually bored of them. It doesn't really matter to me though. Only difference with zombies and mutants over humans, is that zombies and mutants and monsters can make better horrors :). Like deadspace! But as long as there is something to shoot, I think I'll be happy..
super_police

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 super_police
Member since 2003 • 884 Posts

I am really over killing enemies in general in games. I have always thought it frustrating that in most games, as soon as a creature / human enemy sees me, they instantly try to kill me. I think it completely undermines reality, and I would hate to live in a place where that was like life is. In reality if you approach a military encroachment, and are spotted by a guard, they will call out to you, and ask for identification, ask you why you are prowling around, and so forth. Most people don't kill people on sight (thank the gods) and I dislike being target numero uno. No one should ever attack another person without a reason for doing so.

Most of the games I like rely much more on platforming challanges, vehicle travel, interaction with other characters, searching for artifacts, and simulating history, science and mythology. There are plenty of great games that have enemies in them, but I would really like to see that becoming only one genre of games much in the way that action movies are only one genre of movies.

UNHOLY_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 UNHOLY_basic
Member since 2008 • 790 Posts
im indifferent