Tips for teaching someone how to play Dragon Age: Inquisition?

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8771 Posts

She's just got an XBOX One. I'm not sure she's ever even played a video game. I told her I would try. Do you have any tips?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

IIRC it has a pause feature, make use of it.

Party members can do combo attacks, look up the combos and do that.

Try to close the breaches ASAP

Stay away from harder difficulty zones because they are REALLY difficult.

And have fun! Don't make it a chore, it's a really fun game imo (much better than people give it credit for...people just want to hate on EA and Bioware).

Make a fighter or warrior or whatever they call it and use a shield and make it into a tank; the other classes are not exactly hard to play but a basic tank character is very forgiving and your party can make up for your lack of damage. Plus they're actually pretty fun to play :D

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4365 Posts

save often!

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

Played Dragon Age: Inquisition on Nightmare and can state having three healers really made the game a cake walk. Found it impossible to lose at all with that set-up. Some would call that exploiting the system but it is not as though mechanically the game was that satisfying or dense to begin with. It's basically a low-brow SP MMO RPG with a heavy dose of politics and sex scenes (will vary on what you want, and some are quite funny too). Pretends to have a tactical mode yet has a lot to be desired in that area. Camera is garbage.

Only aspect worth tolerating Inquisition for is the courtroom choices of chopping NPCs heads off in public, or locking them up for life. I prefer the prior_

Even then to me Inquisition is an absolute terrible RPG with some of the worst level design I've ever seen in a video game. A.I. may as well be from a low budget 32-bit game too. However if one must indulge in the game? enjoying the little it does well.

darktruth007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 darktruth007
Member since 2003 • 976 Posts

I agree with the tank thing. I tried to make a mage but mages suck in this game. Not like how it was in DAO.

If you're a tank you can basically mix and match your party with whoever you want. A big plus.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#6  Edited By Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

Meet Sera as soon as the intro quest is available. If you progress too far before doing it, you won’t get a chance to have her in your party.

I made that mistake the first time I played it.