Time for current Gen?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pcty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 pcty
Member since 2008 • 367 Posts

For all of you planning to get any current gen consoles, when is the right time for you?

For me is still too soon to get any console, except for the WiiU that has a decent library of games which doesn't appeal to me, both the PS4 and the XBO have nothing really interesting to offer but I'll probably be getting a PS4 somewhere in 2016 when finally a few games that i like will be released. My main reason to get a PS4 over the XBO is the exclusives I couldn't care less about the other extra features or the current resolution war what will really convince me to buy a PS4 are games like Disgaea 5, God Eater 2, Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, Persona 5(although I could still play it on my PS3), Yakuza 0, P.T., The Tomorrow Children, Omega Quintet, Ubusuna, Abzu, Touhou Project and maybe, just maybe Wild.

humanistpotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 humanistpotato
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

When they are ultra cheap since there will be only handful of games i will care , and games are really expensive in my country

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#3 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@pcty: There's enough games to play this fall and even in 2015. Wii U barely has a library and has no multiplats

pcty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pcty

@The_Last_Ride:

Not for me, there is no good exclusive on the consoles that would convince me to get one. Right now, there is absolutely no first party game on the PS4 that I want to play and on the XBO side just Forza 5 catches my attention but that's hardly enough reason to get a console. You could argue the third party games fills that hole of interesting first party game but the truth is that I can play most of those on my PS3 or with much better graphics on my PC.

That is why it is too soon for me to get into the gen.

Also, about the Wii U library what you are saying is not true for me, as I said I only use my console for first party games so right now, the Wii U has a better library than both PS4 and XBO.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 The_Last_Ride

@pcty said:

@The_Last_Ride:

Not for me, there is no good exclusive on the consoles that would convince me to get one. Right now, there is absolutely no first party game on the PS4 that I want to play and on the XBO side just Forza 5 catches my attention but that's hardly enough reason to get a console. You could argue the third party games fills that hole of interesting first party game but the truth is that I can play most of those on my PS3 or with much better graphics on my PC.

That is why it is too soon for me to get into the gen.

Also, about the Wii U library what you are saying is not true for me, as I said I only use my console for first party games so right now, the Wii U has a better library than both PS4 and XBO.

Wii U has Mario World, Mario Kart, Wonderful 101 and Donkey Kong that are big titles. Compared to the multiplats the other consoles have, that is nothing. Sorry to say, but it is a bad console. The games are good, but there are too few of them.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts
@humanistpotato said:

When they are ultra cheap

^This.

pcty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 pcty

@The_Last_Ride:

It's like I said before for ME third party games are not important on consoles since the majority of them I can play on my PC, again my personal motivation to get a new console are the exclusives so yes, Nintendo seems more interesting than the others.

AzNaLaN15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 AzNaLaN15
Member since 2003 • 73 Posts

Looking to move into current gen soon, with shadow of mordor, nba 2k15, and cod..

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The_Last_Ride

@pcty said:

@The_Last_Ride:

It's like I said before for ME third party games are not important on consoles since the majority of them I can play on my PC, again my personal motivation to get a new console are the exclusives so yes, Nintendo seems more interesting than the others.

alright, i am just giving you my opinion mate

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10  Edited By starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

I don't like waiting for something that I know I'm going to eventually buy anyway when I could already be enjoying it, so I get new consoles as soon as there is one game that I want for it. For Wii U that was at launch (New Super Mario Bros), for Xbox One that was at launch (Dead Rising 3 and Black Flag), and for PS4 that was in July (The Last of Us Remastered).