Three games or One Game for $60?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NiKva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NiKva
Member since 2010 • 8181 Posts

Would you rather buy three older games for $60, or buy a new game for $60?

I usually buy a bunch of older games than newer games, because I get more for my buck :D

I wait for the price to lower to $40 before buying a newer game.

lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#2 lild1425
Member since 2004 • 6757 Posts

I always wait unless the game is super awesome and I know it will take a really long time for it to go down in price like Skyrim.

Weenski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Weenski
Member since 2011 • 990 Posts
Three older games. There are some great deals at the moment. I was going to get Skyrim for 40 Pounds but instead I'm getting Deus Ex for 10. It's only one game but a great game. Then I will have more money for Christmas.
Tropictrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Tropictrain
Member since 2010 • 4863 Posts

If I know I'm going to like the game, I usually buy it right away. I don't have any kids, I don't go out drinking, I got a full time job making decent money, and I don't have any other expensive hobbies. So I figure why not. I buy them when they're new. And I buy lots.

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#5 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

Three games every time.

Makes no sense for me to buy new. My back log of games is on the large side so I wait. Bargain bins are your friend, and mine.

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#6 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

Having gotten a Wii.

the three games.

most times i get games new. but 60 dollars for 3 games is too hard to pass up on.

I got such a huge backlog of games it's not even funny. Three games i have yet to finish or even start the stories on:

1. Battlefield 3
  2. Legend of Zelda : Skyward Sword
  3. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

and i'm a guy who LIKES to go for platinum's in my PS3 games. Seriously i could just put a stopper on buying games for a very long time and still be enjoying the huge swath of games i got.

I think besides picking up old Wii games for cheap, the only new game coming out soon that i simply will not miss out on is Mass Effect 3. Even going for Collector's Edition for that one game.

skooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 skooks
Member since 2006 • 1411 Posts

Depends on the game. If it's something I've been looking forward to and know I'll put a lot of time into it right off the bat, I'll pay the £40 at launch. But I still wait for price drops on other games, and scour bargain bins for cheaper games I may have overlooked.

Kelayr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Kelayr
Member since 2005 • 61857 Posts
Three older games, of course. By the time you're done with them, everything new you wanted at that time would've dropped in price, so the cycle continues. Your wallet will love you for it.
LovePotionNo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LovePotionNo9
Member since 2010 • 4751 Posts

Depends on which four games you mean, but usually I try to get the most I can which the same amount of money and wait for the expensive game to drop in price, so in this case the three games take precedence over the one.

DerpyMcDerp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 DerpyMcDerp
Member since 2010 • 1165 Posts

I'd rather get the new game, since I don't know what kinda disgusting pimply-faced loser nerd owned those old games before they were brought to the store.

Kelayr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Kelayr
Member since 2005 • 61857 Posts
I'd rather get the new game, since I don't know what kinda disgusting pimply-faced loser nerd owned those old games before they were brought to the store.DerpyMcDerp
I'm under the impression that the TC is referring to unopened older games rather than preowned games.
DerpyMcDerp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 DerpyMcDerp
Member since 2010 • 1165 Posts
[QUOTE="DerpyMcDerp"]I'd rather get the new game, since I don't know what kinda disgusting pimply-faced loser nerd owned those old games before they were brought to the store.silentexistence
I'm under the impression that the TC is referring to unopened older games rather than preowned games.

Ah, I see. I'd probably still go for the newer games, because I enjoy playing games and arguing with fanboys when the hype is still strong.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#13 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Older games. And it's not even a question of how old because I play games dated back into the late 90's, early 00's. $60 for a new game. Well it has to be a highly anticipated game like Diablo 3 for me to drop that much money on it, day one.
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#14 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

Three games for $20 each. I'm just through with the $60 purchases. It's either some massively overhyped thing I end up being disappointed in, or else it needs half a dozen patches before its playable.

ArchonOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#15 ArchonOver
Member since 2010 • 1103 Posts

Three older games, hell, I got Mass Effect 2 and both the Witchers for only $32.

Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
The three games. It just makes more sense. I buy very few full priced games anymore.
da_chub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 da_chub
Member since 2007 • 3140 Posts
i buy most games off ebay for the 3 for 60 kind of thing. Good games do not go out of style, just because they drop in price, doesnt mean they are bad. In some cases, your better off waiting to get a game. Like IDK skyrim, in 2 years once it is patched 20 times, ill get it.
NarutoFever1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 NarutoFever1
Member since 2008 • 19322 Posts

It depends on what they are, but if they're old games I've played or am interested in, I'd probably pick them, especially if they're hard to come across.

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts
A Greater amount of older but cheaper games defiantly and on the pc with DD when they have sales you can get far more then just 3 games for $60(spent $25 and got 8 games). Waiting a while till the price drops on a game or it goes on sale has let me get dozens of times more games then If I paid full price.
anthonycg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 anthonycg
Member since 2009 • 2017 Posts

3 > 1

I'd try to weigh which game/s I want more but I'd lean heavily on the 3.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

I vote for getting the older games first. ;-)

Save alot of money that way.

Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
Depends on the games. I generally like playing games right when they come out as opposed to later down the road.
Avatar image for sfreespywaresof
sfreespywaresof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sfreespywaresof
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I rather buy three older games