Thoughts on Conan Exiles?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#1 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

I got it recently and I enjoyed it at first; its a lot of fun to build a base and craft upgrades and armor and so on.

But... it's extremely easy for other players to destroy your home and steal your loot. And the lack of any quests or objectives leaves me feeling like there's no real point to any of it.

Anyone agree or disagree?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#2 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@Starshine_M2A2 said:

I got it recently and I enjoyed it at first; its a lot of fun to build a base and craft upgrades and armor and so on.

But... it's extremely easy for other players to destroy your home and steal your loot. And the lack of any quests or objectives leaves me feeling like there's no real point to any of it.

Johnsons and boobies is all that game has.

Which is why its novelty value is gone and almost no one plays it anymore

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By mrbojangles25  Online
Member since 2005 • 58402 Posts

It seemed too good to be true, came out of nowhere with a pretty big marketing surge and early-access. I thought it was a mistake, personally; a professional studio doing something like this, but a lot of people bought it.

It was inexpensive, I bought it because A.) Conan! and B.) I liked the Conan MMO, the thought of a Conan open-world survival game appealed to me. It was still very rough, barely out of alpha when I played it. Showed a lot of promise. TBH I have not played it for a couple months, but they make constant updates (or they were)...people generally don't like the comparison, but if you like ARK, it's basically like ARK but Conan not dinosaurs :D I mean that not as an insult (like "oh it's unoriginal" or it's a clone), simply as a comparison.

Honestly, my impression was this:

Showed promise, very early, very rough, reserving judgement; not really my place to make an opinion on it yet.

@Jacanuk said:
@Starshine_M2A2 said:

Johnsons and boobies is all that game has.

Which is why its novelty value is gone and almost no one plays it anymore

It has a bit more than that :D

But is the community gone now? It was pretty niche to begin with, seemed like a lot of people played either with clans or people they knew to begin with. I was in there early so it was pretty buggy, I never really was able to do too much of the "big" multiplayer games, just solo stuff.

@Starshine_M2A2 said:

And the lack of any quests or objectives leaves me feeling like there's no real point to any of it.

If that is a concern, then you might not like it. Or any game where you just build stuff.

Do you enjoy city builders at all? It kind of helps to go in with that mentality.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

Long term Unlimited PvP so it suck.

It is a run of mill survival game which hurt the game even more.

The PvP is the only real mid and late game.