Thoughts About Command And Conquer: Renegade

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RockField

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Edited By RockField
Member since 2017 • 500 Posts

Command and Conquer: Renegade is the only Command and Conquer game that is in First-Person Shooter with RTS elements. In this game, you can play in first person view and in third person view. In this game, you'll play as Captain Nick "Havoc" Parker, a commando who will save the GDI's top three research experts of Tiberium and also the world. When I play this game, I have noticed that its gameplay is unique for a Command and Conquer game and even though it's not the Command and Conquer that everyone knew, it is still loved by many.

If I were not mistaken, Command and Conquer: Renegade has 12 missions and the gameplay will be explained further. About the gameplay, aside from its uniqueness, Havoc can use variety of weapons to do his objectives. There are 3 types of objectives: Primary Objectives (must-do objectives), Secondary Objectives ( Must-do or Optional Objectives), and lastly, Tertiary Objectives (Optional Objectives). You can also get a data in order to update your map and interacting with other people or anything can add contribution to your data. Augmentations in this game come rarely so you need to keep an eye on them because they can upgrade your health and armor. Riding tanks could be fun as well. This game also have multiplayer but sadly, the servers are gone, I guess but maybe there are private servers for this game. The saving system is manual except that it only autosave on the beginning of the mission. Anyway, you can save anywhere and there are some parts of the missions wherein you should git gud but if you memorize the entire place then good for you. There was an independent development studio, Totem Arts who worked on the remake of this game called Renegade X, which was released on February 26, 2014 (open beta)

Pros:

-There are variety of weapons in this game and they're all awesome.

- As I have mentioned in this blog, it is very unique

- The storyline is save-the-world like but it's not too cliche-ey

- The music in this game is good. They make you immersed to the game

Cons

- Running is not actually running, he's like, jogging all the way. Anyway, sprinting wasn't much of a thing back then.

- It has a few bugs. Just check it out on the internet.

- Despite the uniqueness of the game, there are small parts of the game that are kinda repetitive to me.

Therefore, my score will be 7.5/10

What can you say about the game? Tell me more about it? Let me know in the comments!

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58272 Posts

I thought it was a diamond in the rough.

Command and Conquer is one of my favorite franchises ever; what it has been reduced to is tragic, but up until the last few games I really enjoyed it, and as a kid I really enjoyed the earlier games. Some of those missions had me controlling, you guessed it, our friendly commando unit.

So when they announced so many years ago they were making an FPS in the C&C franchise existing in Tiberium universe where you play as the Commando unit, I was stoked. When it came out, I was pumped; seeing all those units, structures, and territories you built, commanded, and conquered all those years up close and personal was incredible. Going inside NOD bases and blowing them up, taking over units and driving them, and then taking that shit online? AMAZING!

But...it could have been better. Lacked a bit of polish.

A few years ago they announced a return to this game; not Renegade specifically, but a C&C action game called C&C Tiberium; unfortunately, it was scrapped :(

Tiberium trailer

Tiberium gameplay

Tiberium mission intro

Obviously very alpha, very unpolished, but it would have been awesome to see it come to fruition. Apparently EA had different thoughts, as it was cancelled for not meeting quality standards.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c56012aaa167
deactivated-5c56012aaa167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 deactivated-5c56012aaa167
Member since 2016 • 2538 Posts

I haven't played that. but i Know that some of it's fans are making a Remake of this game's Multiplayer Mode.

https://renegade-x.com/

RockField

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 RockField
Member since 2017 • 500 Posts

@dorog1995: Hopefully, EA will bring back C&C renegade as a sequel.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts
@rockfield said:

Hopefully, EA will bring back C&C renegade as a sequel.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56041 Posts

@crimsonbrute said:
@rockfield said:

Hopefully, EA will bring back C&C renegade as a sequel.

6 months is a long time wouldn't you agree XD

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts

@davillain-: I thought I locked this.

You didn't see nothin'!!