This must be a joke.....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 BibiMaghoo
Member since 2009 • 4018 Posts

I've just had a look at the PSN store (EU) and they have a battlefield 3 shortcut kit to unlock everything for a staggering.

£31.99

Thats

$51.00

And 14 people have already rated it, meaning they not only purchased it, but paid that much for it.......

Gaming is dead. Long live EA.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#2 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14420 Posts

Battlefield 3 wasn't that good to begin with.:( Anyone who falls for this needs to be slapped.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
Eh, you can't blame them for casting the bait, they know some dumb fish will bite.
Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Yusuke420
Member since 2012 • 2770 Posts

Those gamers should be ashamed of themselves.

chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 chilly-chill
Member since 2010 • 8902 Posts

Battlefield 3 wasn't that good to begin with.:( Anyone who falls for this needs to be slapped.

speedfreak48t5p
BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BibiMaghoo

I cannot comprehend why anyone would buy that.

But the price.

Holy f**king sh*t the price.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

EA is ridiculous. But hey, I guess if you can get morons to buy it then why wouldn't you?

TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts
Soon enough, companies will start selling you "Full Game Beat" passes.
IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#9 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

Soon enough, companies will start selling you "Full Game Beat" passes.TheFallenDemon

Sony will soon learn people will pay money to earn the Platinum trophy.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

[QUOTE="TheFallenDemon"]Soon enough, companies will start selling you "Full Game Beat" passes.IndianaPwns39

Sony will soon learn people will pay money to earn the Platinum trophy.

I'm surprised they haven't figured it out yet. Or I can just see Microsoft - "add 1000 points to your Gamerscore for only $4.99!"

brucecambell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 brucecambell
Member since 2011 • 1489 Posts

EA is getting worse as time passes

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 has some terrible practices

Half of the coures are locked. You can rent them for a fee, but cannot buy them. Renting courses? For money? EA is at a all time low.

Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

speedfreak48t5p

Says the guy who has recently played MW2 and Blops

hell_player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hell_player
Member since 2009 • 454 Posts

wow $51, i can buy a new game with that ,wtf are those guys smoking

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#14 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

That's nothing new really. When Shift 2 Unleashed came out a year ago, you could just get on the PSN store and pay $15 or something to unlock all the cars in the game so you didn't have to win races and earn money to buy them that way.

Reptylus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Reptylus
Member since 2009 • 1875 Posts
There seems to be a demand for this so it is nice of EA that they are offering it. It increases my freedom; the amount of available things to spend my money on. It's stupid to do it but that doesn't make it a bad thing.
Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#16 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14420 Posts

[QUOTE="speedfreak48t5p"]

Masenkoe

Says the guy who has recently played MW2 and Blops

Spec-ops and zombies are fun. ;)

And I'm a big Bad Company 1 and 2 fan btw.

BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BibiMaghoo

That's nothing new really. When Shift 2 Unleashed came out a year ago, you could just get on the PSN store and pay $15 or something to unlock all the cars in the game so you didn't have to win races and earn money to buy them that way.

Jackc8
You are correct that it isn't a new thing, they offered the same for Bad Company 2. But the price is significantly higher than any other unlock pack I have ever seen. Also, how does this affect trophies? There are trophies for unlocking weapons, so does this pop the trophies when you buy the pack?
Darth_Siegeis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Darth_Siegeis
Member since 2012 • 37 Posts
Can you really blame EA for gamers being stupid enough and purchasing it?
BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BibiMaghoo
Can you really blame EA for gamers being stupid enough and purchasing it?Darth_Siegeis
Yes. Some of them may be young'uns, that dont know any better. Some of them may be parents that dont know any better. It is taking advantage of those with less knowledge of the subject than people on forums etc.
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#21 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

[QUOTE="Jackc8"]

BibiMaghoo

You are correct that it isn't a new thing, they offered the same for Bad Company 2. But the price is significantly higher than any other unlock pack I have ever seen. Also, how does this affect trophies? There are trophies for unlocking weapons, so does this pop the trophies when you buy the pack?

In Shift 2 there was a trophy for owning one car of every make, so I assume that buying them on PSN just set the prices of all cars in the dealership to $0.00, so you would only have to go and "buy" them and put them in your garage and the trophy would pop.

Looking at the way they've increased the price of these unlock pakcs, I wonder if they were selling really well? I can't imagine them raising the price way up on something unless they thought people would be willing to pay it.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

Gaming is sad nowadays.. I'll be upstairs playing on my Dreamcast remembering the good old games.

BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BibiMaghoo

[QUOTE="BibiMaghoo"][QUOTE="Jackc8"]

Jackc8

In Shift 2 there was a trophy for owning one car of every make, so I assume that buying them on PSN just set the prices of all cars in the dealership to $0.00, so you would only have to go and "buy" them and put them in your garage and the trophy would pop.

Looking at the way they've increased the price of these unlock pakcs, I wonder if they were selling really well? I can't imagine them raising the price way up on something unless they thought people would be willing to pay it.

Hmm, I wonder if there is any correlation between BF games taking a while to rank up to the price of the unlock packs? Either way, EA is not cool. That they sell them sucks, but for $50 makes me angry.
King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#25 King9999
Member since 2002 • 11837 Posts

This kinda takes away from the appeal of video games in the first place.

Moriarity_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Moriarity_
Member since 2011 • 1332 Posts
EA must really want their title of "Worst publisher" back from Activision really badly.
Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 Yusuke420
Member since 2012 • 2770 Posts

Why did this happen? It's it because these publishers have become so bloated that the only thing that matters is turning a huge quarterly profit? This is what happens when you expand the market too fast too soon. If gaming was still just a "nerd" hobby we wouldn't have to put up with this ****

BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BibiMaghoo
Just a quick point, but I notice they are now selling (renting) server space to customers so that they can have custom matches...You know, that thing that last gen games offered for free........ It gets worse each day lol.
Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 Lostboy1224
Member since 2007 • 3425 Posts
Probably the same people who bought Horse Armor in Oblivion.
LarryBraz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 LarryBraz
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Who cares what other people spend their money on? Not me. I think the underlying problem here is not them offerring this sort of content, but the amount of time it takes away from developing new IPs and innovative game play in order to do so. But on the flip side, if people who buy these product, which again, I'm not one, are funding the companies and it's the companies making more games, then aren't we all winning? If EA didn't turn a profit, why even look forward to a new Battlefield, or a new Mass Effect, or Dead Space, SimCity or anything your heart so desires? I say let them make their money off the masses and sit back and reap the benefits. As for those ho said the customers who buy these content packs are misinformed or just unaware of what good gaming is, i think that's an empty argument. If someone buys a pack that says "Unlock all weapons" I think they know they are going to unlock all the weapons. By virtue of them having the game, they know the weapons are available by other means. Just because they want to take a shortcut to get them, doesn't make them less of a gamer, just not is immersed in the "put in the time" aspect as you may be. I remember that highest grossing cheat in the world in the history of gaming: The Game Genie. After the initial debate of "you're cheating though" died down, it was just a matter of "let me check this out and see what it's like". Maybe these people played through BF3, did some MP, and put the game down. About 5 months later, see this content, don't see any other game they're interested in and decide to pay nearly the full retail price of a new game for one reason only, and that's to have a new experience. Don't they deserve that?
TheGrudge13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#31 TheGrudge13
Member since 2009 • 1198 Posts
atleast it's better than a 100$ DLC that's only one car
SteverXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SteverXIII
Member since 2010 • 3795 Posts
time is money
savebattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 savebattery
Member since 2009 • 3626 Posts
Stupid gamers reinforce bad publisher practices making gaming worse for smart people. Story of this generation.
LessThanMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LessThanMike
Member since 2002 • 5364 Posts
People will pay for anything.
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts
I don't get all the gnashing of teeth and tearing of hair in this thread. I don't like the notion of cheat codes much (though I confess I did use them to beat Contra back in the day) but if someone so loves cheat codes they are willing to pay for them, that's a personal problem. I think the fun of games is experiencing new things, overcoming challenges and earning stuff, but some people play for other reasons.
IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#36 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

I don't get all the gnashing of teeth and tearing of hair in this thread. I don't like the notion of cheat codes much (though I confess I did use them to beat Contra back in the day) but if someone so loves cheat codes they are willing to pay for them, that's a personal problem. I think the fun of games is experiencing new things, overcoming challenges and earning stuff, but some people play for other reasons.CarnageHeart

To me, the "cheating" isn't the issue. I don't care if I pop on Battlefield and a level 3 enemy has every available weapon. Hell, I'd even argue that getting the aircraft pack is a good idea for new players because fighting against jets armed with laser guided missles and stealth capabilities when you just have a machine gun is stupid.

The issue here being the price. How did they even come up with it? Is it that high just to deter people from buying it? How much work could have really been spent creating a code to unlock everything? Over $50 seems over the top.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#37 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

This just about sums it up.

BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BibiMaghoo

[QUOTE="CarnageHeart"]I don't get all the gnashing of teeth and tearing of hair in this thread. I don't like the notion of cheat codes much (though I confess I did use them to beat Contra back in the day) but if someone so loves cheat codes they are willing to pay for them, that's a personal problem. I think the fun of games is experiencing new things, overcoming challenges and earning stuff, but some people play for other reasons.IndianaPwns39

To me, the "cheating" isn't the issue. I don't care if I pop on Battlefield and a level 3 enemy has every available weapon. Hell, I'd even argue that getting the aircraft pack is a good idea for new players because fighting against jets armed with laser guided missles and stealth capabilities when you just have a machine gun is stupid.

The issue here being the price. How did they even come up with it? Is it that high just to deter people from buying it? How much work could have really been spent creating a code to unlock everything? Over $50 seems over the top.

This is the truth of it. That it exists for those that dont have the time to spend in itself is fine. That they are charging almost the full price of a new game for it is not fine. It is up to the buyer if that money is worth spending or not, but god damn, its alot of money for what it is, and people are paying it.