This is the Zodiac Speaking FREE DEMO & Kickstarter are LIVE!

KLABATER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 KLABATER
Member since 2020 • 3 Posts

Hi All!

It's Piotrek from Klabater! If you have a moment, please check and/or support This is the Zodiac Speaking Kickstarter Campaign which is now live! This is the Zodiac Speaking is a spine-tingling fact-based dark story about a murderer who terrorized California in the late '60s and early '70s, developed by PUNCH PUNK. The game is already in an advanced stage of development but with a little bit more help from you, devs we'll be able to finish it sooner, launch it on consoles and add more languages! We feel it is a must-have if you liked narrative-driven games like Firewatch or The Vanishing of Ethan Carter.

Don't hesitate, support us and play the demo (available exclusively on Kickstarter)! This is the Zodiac Speaking is a true American crime story with the Zodiac killer is ingrained in American pop culture. And though, this game is by no means a homage to serial killers, it’s a story about their victims and the people who survived. This is the Zodiac Speaking was created by a team of award-winning writers, developers, and acclaimed musicians, please find more information on Kickstarter page!

THIS IS THE ZODIAC SPEAKING KICKSTARTER - bit.ly/thisisthezodiacspeakingkickstarter

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 9444 Posts

@klabater: Perhaps shameless advertising, but still game related and can be discussed I suppose.

Will be honest, I back games, backed three this year alone. And I'm not interested in yours.

If OP wants to know the part that lost me it wasn't even "story driven game". For me, that usually means it will play like garbage, and that is something that makes or breaks it for me. However it was being yet another lump of the laziest/ oversaturated genre around.

For anyone in the forum interested but wants a rational non-PR explanation- Zodiac Speaking looks to be yet another Stealth Horror game, with the hook of it's designed with americans in mind. It is after all selling itself as a story first, and a game less-so.

*Maybe if I was american this might mean something, however can't help think that's a hook to gather a potentially gullible market to an otherwise old, declining genre. Can't just keep dressing up this template with a new hat, the gaming market will catch on_

KLABATER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 KLABATER
Member since 2020 • 3 Posts

@RSM-HQ: Yes, you are right. This is a stealth horror-survival story-driven Indie production. The story about Zodiac is one part, however, the game itself is another part. The game tells the story of his victims and those who survived his vicious attacks. The protagonist of the game is a San Fransisco journalist who one day receives a phone call from Zodiac himself. There are two different modes in the game. One blends story-telling and action and another (Detective Mode) emphasize story-telling. You can be hooked on a story as a non-American or you can be hooked up about the genre. The game is based on facts and also gives you information "who is Zodiac" not in the way it reveals his identity (the game has got three possible endings, depending on your actions) but rather if you have no idea who he is - the game is a valuable source of information and excitement. Did you play the demo yet?