Third person SH games suggestion?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Seneika00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Seneika00
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Hi, everyone. I already posted this in the RE6 review comments. Only now I came to know about this forum here :( Anyway: I've been out of gaming for some years and it seems my favourite franchises are no longer the same. I'd like to ask if there are any games out there these days which resemble the survival horror style. I mean, moderately paced third person shooters with "atmosphere" and focus in puzzle solving. Thanks.
Avatar image for bLaCk_XxWiDoWxX
bLaCk_XxWiDoWxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 bLaCk_XxWiDoWxX
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Silent hill Downpour is worth a play through, it's still got the fundamentals behind it. Dead Space is definitely a must, it has it's scares but not much for puzzles. As for the new RE's stay away, they are not worth the time.
Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#3 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

If you want a TPS shooter with horror themes then Dead Space is the way to go. They get more actiony though so be warned.

Silent Hill Homecoming and Downpour are both good, but they aren't shooters. Both are survival horror games... Although Downpour is the better of the two since it doesn't force combat on you as much.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#4 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

Dead Space (first one is a must, others are not) and Silent Hill Downpour are both good choices for 3rd person survival-horror games. Dead Space has a great blend of combat and suspense, whereas SH is much more about psychological horror and avoiding many combat situations. Both would be must plays if I'm giving recommendations.

Nightelf123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Nightelf123
Member since 2011 • 167 Posts

if you have wii play resident evil archives: resident evil & resident evil archives:resident evil 0

other resident evil games that are worth to play are resident evil 2&3 and resident evil: code veronica x

and i also recommend you to play silent hill hd & 1(emulated on pc)

blueberry123go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 blueberry123go
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

So indie games are taking over the survival horror genre but I think the top 3 triple a third person survival horror games are

1 dead space 1

2 resident evil 4

3 alan wake