GalvatronType_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 GalvatronType_R
Member since 2003 • 3106 Posts

Paid third party exclusives shut out an entire group of people from games they should have access to. The only people who benefit from exclusives are the fat overpaid c-suite execs who exceed the maximum weight limits of their overpriced suits.

I said the same when EA sold out Titanfall to Xbox at the beginning of gen 8, I am staying consistent by calling our Squeenix for selling out FF16 to Sony now.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

Let's be real, most if not all Final Fantasy games go multiplatform, it's just a matter of time.

Overall, must be nice to ignore the reasoning for why this happens. Funding the development, and keeping those developers from facing huge financial loss. Keep in mind Square Enix has also let a lot of developers go due to lack of sales and wasted resources recently.

So for why, how, who. I'm guessing you know.

Usually these games wouldn't exist without the funding provided by the platform that pressures the lock.

Happened with Street Fighter V and Bayonetta 2 just as two last generation examples.

When Monster Hunter went to Nintendo platforms it was because Sony no longer paid for rights to Capcoms IP, and Nintendo jumped the first chance they could. Since then Capcom have realised how huge Monster Hunter is and no longer needs to rely on exclusive dealings with that IP; and I couldn't be happier for it (because some other than me plays them on this forum now).

However, without doing these from the start, most these IPs (potentially even MH) would never got that chance to exist. And many of these cases has been well documented.

Doesn't matter if people want to complain about it because it's on another system, unless you yourself have the funds to make these games a reality I recommend just accepting this is the way it goes. It happens on every platform. Yes P.C. too!

It is also much cheaper just to develop for one platform (to start with). Kickstarter projects have also shown that trying to develop on ever major platform is not always worth the return and heavily cripples the quality of stated project.

I'm all cool with it coming to other platforms down the road but some gamers need some damn common sense, and let creators intent happen, with the funds they need to make these games a reality.

Avatar image for laurenriley3332
Laurenriley3332

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 Laurenriley3332
Member since 2020 • 198 Posts

It is called a business decision. Companies require money in order to make games. Square is a Japanese company. Final Fantasy sells well worldwide, and Sony has a presence globally. Microsoft only sells extremely well in North America. Nintendo is focused on portable last generation hardware. If other companies can help you make the game that you want to make, then why wouldn't you make a deal? Microsoft tried putting JRPGs on its system back in the late early years of the 360, and it didn't work.

This is why I own two systems. If one system does not have something, then the chances are that it will be on the other one.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#4 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

All exclusives are bad for gaming.