Thinking I maybe should have gotten a Genesis instead of a SNES

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XboximusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 XboximusPrime
Member since 2009 • 5405 Posts

about two weeks ago, I bought a SNES for 40 bucks. Right now, I have Turtles in time, Street fighter 2 Turbo, and Super Mario world. But im thinking that a Genesis might have been a better choice for the kinda games I like. I dont lik RPGs like FF and Chrono Trigger, but if theyre easy, ill try them.I like more Beat em ups adn Adventure games and shooters. And I think Genesis might have had more of those or better of those. Also, the Genesis games are quit a bit cheaper. SNES games are like 20 bucks or something where I go. Also, I think I might like the way genesis games look more than SNES games. Im not sure. Which one had more detailed cahracters and enviorments? Do you think I made the right decision? or should I jsut get both? I also dont want games taht are to hard.

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts
You need Zelda: A Link to the Past and Donkey Kong Country 1, 2 and 3.. And you did make the right decision.
anbu-black-ops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 anbu-black-ops
Member since 2008 • 2380 Posts
^^ also beat em up games i remember are spiderman maximum carnage, king of dragons, knights of the round, final fight series, captain commando, x-men muntant apocalypse, captain america and the avengers, wolverine...
LoserMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LoserMike
Member since 2003 • 4915 Posts

SNES had more adventure games, RPGs, and fighting games. Genesis had more sport and action games.

Got_to_go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Got_to_go
Member since 2009 • 2036 Posts

The SNES has a few strong adventure games and shooters. A Link to the Past is a classic adventure game. (But it's not really an RPG) You should also try Super Metroid, which is a side scrolling adventure IN SPACE. Check out this list (Part 1 and Part 2) for some more ideas.

That said, the Genesis is still a good console with plenty of great games, though I don't know if you'd find what you're lookin for on there. There aren't a whole lot of adventure games on the system.

For me the SNES was good for long single player experiences while the Genesis was better for short bursts on other games. (But that isn't always the case.)

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

There is Castlevania 4, Contra 3, Final fight 1-3, X Calibur 2097, Captain Commando, Knights of the Round, Mega Man X 1-3, Total Carnage, Maximum Carnage, Mortal Kombat 2, Pocky and Rocky 1 and 2, Demon Crest, X-men, Ninja Gaiden Trilogy, R-type 3 and Super R-type, Gradius 3, Darius Twin, Yoshi's Island 2, Adventure Island, Super Metroid, Turrican and Turrican 2, Star Fox, Earthworm Jim 1 and 2, Donkey Kong Country 1-3, Battletoads in Battle Maniacs, Double Dragon 4, Battletoads and Double Dragon, Spider Man and Venom Separation Anxiety, the Super Star Wars games, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, Kirby Superstar, Zombiesate my Neighbors,

I ampretty sure all of those games will hold down the fort for you, although the Genesis did have some nice games like

Contra Hard Corps, Castlevanoa Bloodlines, Vectorman, Shinobi 3, Streets of Rage 1-3, Golden Axe 1-3, Strider, General Chaos, Aladdin, Jewel Master, Dynamite Headdy, Ristar, Sonic,

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

There is Castlevania 4, Contra 3, Final fight 1-3, X Calibur 2097, Captain Commando, Knights of the Round, Mega Man X 1-3, Total Carnage, Maximum Carnage, Mortal Kombat 2, Pocky and Rocky 1 and 2, Demon Crest, X-men, Ninja Gaiden Trilogy, R-type 3 and Super R-type, Gradius 3, Darius Twin, Yoshi's Island 2, Adventure Island, Super Metroid, Turrican and Turrican 2, Star Fox, Earthworm Jim 1 and 2, Donkey Kong Country 1-3, Battletoads in Battle Maniacs, Double Dragon 4, Battletoads and Double Dragon, Spider Man and Venom Separation Anxiety, the Super Star Wars games, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, Kirby Superstar, Zombiesate my Neighbors,

I ampretty sure all of those games will hold down the fort for you, although the Genesis did have some nice games like

Contra Hard Corps, Castlevanoa Bloodlines, Vectorman, Shinobi 3, Streets of Rage 1-3, Golden Axe 1-3, Strider, General Chaos, Aladdin, Jewel Master, Dynamite Headdy, Ristar, Sonic,

Jamisonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jamisonia
Member since 2009 • 896 Posts

yeah man, the only thinking lacking in the SNES is blast processing

wackoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 wackoss
Member since 2004 • 702 Posts
The SNES had more games and was better in graphics so you got the better system. You have to give chrono trigger a try; the story and characters are simple and it has a lighter tone than the FF games, which try to be very serious. And the battle system makes it one of the best turn based rpgs ever. But the Genesis had the Streets of Rage series which I think was the best beat'em up between the two systems. The graphics on the Genesis look more grittier and dark since it couldn't portray as much colors. Buying older games in big lots should make it a lot cheaper I'd think. Try eBay.