thief 4 and Documents?.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

I Watched a bit of the live stream last night and noticed there where over 200 Documents to read and not to mention Notes along way probably. One thing I hate about these type of games is the reading part. As he said last night there would be clues to the missions in some. I can read it just that when I read I make it sound boring if you no what I mean. When it comes to reading either if its a book in real life or computer games like this how do you read?. I have it pre ordered but not sure if I should cancel it?.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#2  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@skipper847 said:

I Watched a bit of the live stream last night and noticed there where over 200 Documents to read and not to mention Notes along way probably. One thing I hate about these type of games is the reading part. As he said last night there would be clues to the missions in some. I can read it just that when I read I make it sound boring if you no what I mean. When it comes to reading either if its a book in real life or computer games like this how do you read?. I have it pre ordered but not sure if I should cancel it?.

Come again when most law abiding people have gotten a hold of Thief and you will be able to debate it all you want , right now its just pirates and illegal obtained copies that are floating around.

But i do get the reading, after all its a game not a book but if its like gamespot showed its not to bad.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3  Edited By Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Then never play the original Alone in the Dark (1993): the whole game was dotted with books to read. Even the copy protection system was a 200 pages booklet.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

Believe it or not, I read every book I came across inside of the last three Elder Scrolls game. I meticulously arranged them in my dwellings of choice, which before Skyrim, had to be done manually and was a PITA. Loved 'em. Love this kind of stuff in general.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

@Randolph:

Then you should play the original Alone in the Dark (1993): :P

tattoogunman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By tattoogunman
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

@skipper847:

Most games allow you skip through them or just hit an "escape" button to get away from them, so I don't really care. If I want to read it, I'll read it and sometimes they add to the game. Like Elder Scrolls - you get a lot of history about the world from the books, sometimes you can get clues, I got a quest by reading a random book one time. If they are just thrown in the world for the sake of having something to interact with, I think they are pointless. But as long as I don't HAVE to read them to progress when I don't want to read them, I'm cool with it.

dethtrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By dethtrain
Member since 2004 • 570 Posts

I generally do unless it's an Elder Scrolls game. God damn novels are in that game, not to mention it uses an annoying font.

I like it when it's dispersed around like in Resident Evil or Outlast - little tidbits of lore.