DakerBedis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DakerBedis
Member since 2018 • 8 Posts

sorry if i mess up anything (first post)

specs:

i5 3230m

amd radeon hd 76070m 2gb vram

8gb ram ddr3

i just got the witchers 3 and i'm wondering if there's some mods on nexus to increase performance (i know lowspecgamer has two videos but they're mostly changing the config file and the second one bout mods does't cover that much)

i'm looking for 25+ fps

any help will be appreciated and sorry again if i broke some rules

edit:can you also tell me how to overclock my pc (don't worry about cooling i'll manage) i couldn't find a guide that works with my pc so any help is appreciated

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

No, and no.

Can't overclock a laptop

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Moving to the PC forum for a more focused audience.

My opinion: you're out of luck. This is a demanding game, and if the lowest settings aren't enough you aren't likely to get it running well. But I've not attempted a downgrade mod before, maybe it's more common than I think

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@dakerbedis: lower graphics, can't do anything with those specs - you can try to buy a new laptop or PC.

Heck I think you should get PS4 - it would be much cheaper if you're talking about 1 game.

I could suggest you to upgrade to more RAM and install one of those dedicated for laptops GPU systems like MSI or Alienware sell but it'll cost you a lot.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/2984716/how-to-transform-your-laptop-into-a-gaming-powerhouse-with-an-external-graphics-card.html

Only if you wish to give your old PC/Laptop a boost - but as I said it isn't cheap.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#5 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17792 Posts

Time to retire the old PC and buy a new one.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58268 Posts

@BassMan said:

Time to retire the old PC and buy a new one.

or build :D

jackwl89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jackwl89
Member since 2019 • 8 Posts

Back when I used to run a shitty gaming rig, I found a tool called TW3 Tweaker. Basically, it hooks to your game files and lets you lower the settings even more than humanly possible. It let me play the game on GT 730, dual-core CPU (can't remember the name) and 4 GB RAM.

It doesn't look THAT much worse but you'll notice the difference. Unless you are absolutely unable to invest money in a an actual gaming machine, this is the only way I know of that will let you play TW3.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#9  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17792 Posts

@jackwl89 said:

Back when I used to run a shitty gaming rig, I found a tool called TW3 Tweaker. Basically, it hooks to your game files and lets you lower the settings even more than humanly possible. It let me play the game on GT 730, dual-core CPU (can't remember the name) and 4 GB RAM.

It doesn't look THAT much worse but you'll notice the difference. Unless you are absolutely unable to invest money in a an actual gaming machine, this is the only way I know of that will let you play TW3.

Why would you want to inflict that kind of pain on others? Best to hold off on playing the game entirely until one has a capable rig.

jackwl89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jackwl89
Member since 2019 • 8 Posts

@BassMan:

@BassMan said:
@jackwl89 said:

Why would you want to inflict that kind of pain on others? Best to hold off on playing the game entirely until one has a capable rig.

The guy obviously doesn't want to get a new rig and wants to play the game. If you're a visual elitist doesn't mean everyone else is