googleli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By googleli
Member since 2013 • 45 Posts

Thinking about going back to this game while there is a bit of lack of great titles this time of the year. I suspect if I wait longer I won't go back to it. Would it look better on the PS4 Pro which now has HDR support for the game, or would the PC version without HDR support but with better graphical power (I have a 2080Ti rig) be a better choice? I will be playing on a 4K projector in both cases.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

PC, duh. Why subject yourself to 30fps? I'm fortunate to have HDR on my monitor.

GNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3 GNS
Member since 2015 • 920 Posts

Well, if you have a good "rig", it will look better on a PC (plus, there are some graphical modifications, which you can download from Nexusmods. The console cannot offer that), but, frankly, IMO, since I'm just an ameteur game-player, I don't feel that big of a difference between the PC and PS4 versions of video-games (FPS quantity for me is no big deal).

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#4 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15906 Posts

Pc obviously. The inventory menu in ps4 ver is laggy, really annoying to browse items when you really felt the delay. Installing ssd might mitigate this but really recommends you to buy pc ver if can hit 60fps unless, ps4 ver is cheaper.

Zeggelaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Zeggelaar
Member since 2017 • 181 Posts

Even if you had to tone down the graphics I would go after 60+ FPS

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56036 Posts

I love the Witcher 3 and I own it on both PC & PS4 but the reason why I got it on PS4 was for review purposes between the version. Playing the Witcher 3 on PC is the clear winner and between PC & consoles, it's day/night, the PC version with 60fps makes a huge difference when I'm playing it with a controller that is my Xbox Elite controller.

The PS4 version has native 1080p, but it's struggles in 30fps and the menu screen is so slow on the console version and not to mention the loading screens is a bitch!

PC version is the clear winner.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#8 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11664 Posts

Only played on PS4 but it would clearly benefit from playing on P.C. for someone trying TW3 for the first time, wish I did honestly. Both versions won't change the glaring flaws I found, but may perk its benefits.

PanJuchko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PanJuchko
Member since 2019 • 8 Posts

Of course a PC, it's stupid to get 30 fps. PC is best!