The state of Destiny

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for mehrdad19872010
mehrdad19872010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mehrdad19872010
Member since 2010 • 210 Posts

Hi,

With some positive stuff coming out of Destiny right now because of the Taken King DLC and changes they made to the game, I am kind of tempted to buy it. However, I am a single player guy and don't have many friends who play games online as they don't have the time or are just not interested. With that in mind, is it worth going to Destiny or you need people to play with for the raids? Also, do you need to complete raids to finish the story or this DLC?

Just wondering!

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

I preordered Destiny Ghost Edition, I finally got it and ....... I must have played it 10 times, it´s been gathering dust for moths; worst investment ever.

Xanatos357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#3  Edited By Xanatos357
Member since 2015 • 787 Posts

@mehrdad19872010: You could try to solo a raid, but it's pretty much impossible. Raids are optional, and don't have much story in them other than a boss fight. For example in The Dark Below raid, you fight Crota, but you don't fight him at all in the story missions. The premise for The Taken King is that Oryx, Crota's father, is upset that you killed his son. You don't have to beat the Crota Raid to start the Taken King and you don't have to do the Taken King Raid if you don't want to. I'm mostly a solo player, i hang out with a couple of friends every now and then, but the game is enjoyable solo.

yukushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 yukushi
Member since 2011 • 2368 Posts

@mehrdad19872010: If you are a single player guy then you would be wasting your money this is more of a multiplayer type game.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#5 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

It's more a co-op experience than a single player one. With that said, The Taken King really did a lot to make the game just infinitely better than the vanilla launch. The story is actually well done, the characters actually have character now and are well acted, the quests are fun and challenging, and the loot and experience system is sooooooooooooooooooo much better.

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

@raugutcon said:

I preordered Destiny Ghost Edition, I finally got it and ....... I must have played it 10 times, it´s been gathering dust for moths; worst investment ever.

I'll give you $10 for it! :)

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@suicidesn0wman said:
@raugutcon said:

I'll give you $10 for it! :)

No way José ! Over my dead body; one day that edition is going to be a rare and highly coveted and I´m going to be one of the lucky few who still has it in pristine condition ( including the box ), did I mention I have the TLoU Post Pandemic edition ? you seen the asking prices for those in e-bay ?

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 suicidesn0wman

@raugutcon: Why do you think I lowballed you? HAH.

I wish I had the Ghost Edition but they were sold out before I could even open my browser to order it(which is why I sat on bestbuy.com after the Bethesda E3 show refreshing the page until I could pre-order the Pip-Boy Edition). I like the collectors editions, but I hate when these companies intentionally short stock these things creating a sellers market. I end up having to pay twice as much to get the item from some loser who only bought it to flip it.

rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

I actually just referenced this game in another post I made, I wish I knew how good it was (or not) but I don't because I refuse to wait for it's stupid 10's of gigabyte updates it requires to play. I often put it in, see it requires a huge update... I take it out and find something else to play. There was a time or two that I figured screw it, i'll let the damn update run. I did, came back an hour and half later and played it for a bit. Couple days later put it in again and see it requires yet another update.... sigh......

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 suicidesn0wman

Many of the updates are fairly small, only a few have been pretty big, and those are usually right before a major DLC drops. I would recommend that next time a large update pops up, play something else until you're about to get ready for bed, and let it download & install at the end of the night.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#11 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

@rgsniper1: put your system into rest mode and let it download overnight. Simple as that.

rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

@mastermetal777: I don't use the fast on mode anymore because of the few times I've had interface issues it was when I was using my system that way. Seems more stable when you let it do proper shutdowns.