The Smallest Nit I've Ever Picked(Rainbow six Siege)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

elax92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 elax92
Member since 2009 • 48 Posts

So this is(so far in my life) the smallest thing in a game to really bug me. In rainbow six siege Smoke's nitro cell is detonated via a cell phone. Why? Smoke's a member of the SAS working(I assumed, I'm still kinda sketchy on the overarching story) with/for rainbow six. He should be equipped with a military grade detonator. In fact he is, his toxic gas grenades use a military style detonator. so why use a cell phone for the nitro cell? It would make sense if they had playable terrorist in the game but these are members of a fully funded government back military organization. they should have access to real detonators all the time.

and to get it out of the way

1. Yes this really bothers me.

2. Yes it's a small point to bring up, and does not stop me from playing the game.

3. I know more operatives then just smoke carry the nitro cell but he was the first one i unlocked so I'm focusing on him.

4. No I don't have anything better to do that complain online about what is so far the game I've been spending the most time playing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

From what I recall they aren't a fully funded government backed group. Their existence is supposed to be highly secret so only a few people in the government actually know they exist.

But still detonators do seem like something that should be within their budget.

elax92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 elax92
Member since 2009 • 48 Posts

@toast_burner: THANK YOU! that really takes me out of the immersion.

Also I didn't know the whole existence is secret thing. I should have probably added that the only other rainbow six game I've ever played was vegas 2. And I only play to the third mission.

csward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#4 csward
Member since 2005 • 2155 Posts

Probably just something the devs added for flavor without thinking about it.