The Simpsons Hit & Run sequel

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hassaan14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Hassaan14
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Anyone remember a superb game called The Simpsons Hit & Run which was available on consoles like PS2, Xbox and Gamecube as well as PC? Well, I've set up a petition outlining a sequel and possible ideas: http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/simpsons HD graphics, online multiplayer etc - sign if you would like to see these options.
SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#2 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
I really enjoyed that game when I was younger. A sequel would be pretty cool, but I doubt it will happen.
Hassaan14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Hassaan14
You never know. I reckon 10,000 signatures would at least bring it to the attention of companies. Maybe they could do one for its 10th anniversary? I'd say keep signing and let other people know if you would like a sequel. I know I would.
Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

It will never happen. But I loved that game as a kid.

burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#5 burgeg
Member since 2005 • 3599 Posts

I actually don't understand why they don't give it a sequel. It's by far the most well recieved Simpsons game since The Simpsons Arcade game. It deserves a sequel and it would sell like hotcakes.

Hassaan14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Hassaan14
The one thing that differentiated this game from all other Simpsons game was it's length and the whole 3D open world environment. People say it'll never happen - all I say is stay positive. Of course it may not be certain that a petition would make it happen but it would at least get people talking and that's what I'm trying to do.
dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts
Meh it would be cool but I don't want it that bad.
RoccoHout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RoccoHout
Member since 2011 • 1086 Posts

Signed. Can never say no to more Simpsons games :P

xGamePlayerx19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 xGamePlayerx19
Member since 2008 • 379 Posts

I was literally just talking to a few of my friends about this game a few days and how awesome it was. Itd be interesting to see a sequal now, kinda want to play the original now.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#10 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
Definitely one of the better Simpsons games. Would love a sequel.
RageQuitter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#11 RageQuitter69
Member since 2012 • 1366 Posts

A childhood classic, I would love a sequel, I hope that the sequel has an open Springfield, my biggest gripe with the original was how linear the levels were.

Hassaan14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Hassaan14
The idea of levels being open-ended I mentioned in the description of the petition. Would be great if you could basically go anywhere - on top of any building etc. Keep spreading the word and let people know about the petition, particularly Simpsons-associated sites :)
burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 burgeg

If it gets made they need to have the entirety of Springfield be one map, and provided we can change characters again we should be able to go anywhere with any character. I understand why they separated the maps between the different levels last time, but if they do a sequel it definitely needs to just be one big map.

Hassaan14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Hassaan14

If it gets made they need to have the entirety of Springfield be one map, and provided we can change characters again we should be able to go anywhere with any character. I understand why they separated the maps between the different levels last time, but if they do a sequel it definitely needs to just be one big map.

burgeg
That would be cool - but what about levels? How will they mark each level?
burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 burgeg

[QUOTE="burgeg"]

Hassaan14

That would be cool - but what about levels? How will they mark each level?

Why even use the level structure of the first game? Simply have the story progression through missions the standard way in open world games. Maybe make it so that each character has a specific set of story missions but we can choose which missions for which character we want to tackle in the order of our choosing. Either that or just make it so that you have x amount of story missions with one character and then you unlock another character just like the first game, with the only difference being that when playing as the other character you're still on the same map.

I also think it would be a good idea to give each character some distinction. Give each character their own abilities. In the first game every character had exactly the same abilities and could drive the same vehicles. Maybe for the sequel they could make each character feel a little different. Bart could be faster and able to get out his skateboard on foot for example. Homer could be slower on foot, but have better driving skills. Or some more interesting special abilities that I'm struggling to think of right now...

ESPM400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 ESPM400
Member since 2011 • 96 Posts

I actually don't understand why they don't give it a sequel. It's by far the most well recieved Simpsons game since The Simpsons Arcade game. It deserves a sequel and it would sell like hotcakes.

burgeg
The Simpsons is a series (the cartoon, not the games) that I revered as a child, but honestly the series itself is almost older than I am. I'm very familiar with something outstaying it's welcome (hence why I no longer have roommates), and despite how much I loved the series when I was a kid, it's become passe. A new videogame with the franchise would probably flop hard and do more harm to it than good. There is a such thing as enjoying your time in the spotlight while you're there, but after almost 30 years, the Simpsons need to die.
burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 burgeg

[QUOTE="burgeg"]

ESPM400

The Simpsons is a series (the cartoon, not the games) that I revered as a child, but honestly the series itself is almost older than I am. I'm very familiar with something outstaying it's welcome (hence why I no longer have roommates), and despite how much I loved the series when I was a kid, it's become passe. A new videogame with the franchise would probably flop hard and do more harm to it than good. There is a such thing as enjoying your time in the spotlight while you're there, but after almost 30 years, the Simpsons need to die.

You sound mad. We're not even talking about the tv show here. We're talking about ONE sequel to ONE video game that was very good. Hell, I haven't even watched a new episode of the Simpsons in ages, and I certainly haven't consistently watched a series of the show in god knows how many years. I think the last time I watched an entire new series of the show was Season 14.

I stopped liking the show a long time ago. Maybe the show should die. But you know what? I still want a sequel to a damn good video game. This isn't about the show. It's about the game. Oh and lol at a new Simpsons game would flop hard part. Take it you never checked the sales numbers for the simpsons platformer a few years back. That wasn't even a particularly good game, yet it sold millions. A good sequel to a good game would sell well with the simpsons brand. The Simpsons may not be what it was back in the day, but it's still popular. That's why they still make it. Any new simpsons game would sell reasonably well based on the brand alone and you're a fool to think otherwise. A simpsons game of the same quality or better than hit and run? It would sell even better because of how well it would be recieved.

But this isn't even about sales. It's about gamers wanting a sequel to a game they liked. It's no different than us wanting a sequel to Bully or any other great game you can think of that hasn't had a sequel.

Hassaan14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Hassaan14
I stopped liking the show a long time ago. Maybe the show should die. But you know what? I still want a sequel to a damn good video game. This isn't about the show. It's about the game. Oh and lol at a new Simpsons game would flop hard part. Take it you never checked the sales numbers for the simpsons platformer a few years back. That wasn't even a particularly good game, yet it sold millions. A good sequel to a good game would sell well with the simpsons brand. The Simpsons may not be what it was back in the day, but it's still popular. That's why they still make it. Any new simpsons game would sell reasonably well based on the brand alone and you're a fool to think otherwise. A simpsons game of the same quality or better than hit and run? It would sell even better because of how well it would be recieved.

But this isn't even about sales. It's about gamers wanting a sequel to a game they liked. It's no different than us wanting a sequel to Bully or any other great game you can think of that hasn't had a sequel.

burgeg
Indeed - yet it's a shame the many people who actually do want a sequel to this damn good game aren't quite supporting it. 10,000 people supporting it (the petition of course) would shed some light on the prospect of a sequel in the future. That's why I'd ensure we reach out to as much Simpsons/Hit & Run fans as possible - Twitter, Facebook, other forums etc. And as you mentioned, a game doesn't have to have great sales if it is extremely well received anyway. The 3D graphics is the winning formula which they should stick with. As you mentioned also about levels, I like the idea of not having them and just having the extremely large Simpsons 3D environment with missions and races etc.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#19 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I love all the simpsons games.

Hassaan14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Hassaan14
What about the idea of more buildings being accessible? E.g the school, police station etc.
burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 burgeg

What about the idea of more buildings being accessible? E.g the school, police station etc. Hassaan14
Yeah definitely. I think it's also important that interiors feel more natural with you being able to explore multiple rooms in a building. In the first game it felt kinda weird how small every interior was. We should be able to go in every room in the simpsons house, not just the living room and bart's room. Obviously there are limits to what they can do with this, but I think it's important the buildings that are able to be entered feel more natural and not just limit you to one room. It made sense for things like Moes and the Kwik E Mart, but some buildings just felt really weird with how closed off they were.

Hassaan14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Hassaan14

[QUOTE="Hassaan14"]What about the idea of more buildings being accessible? E.g the school, police station etc. burgeg

Yeah definitely. I think it's also important that interiors feel more natural with you being able to explore multiple rooms in a building. In the first game it felt kinda weird how small every interior was. We should be able to go in every room in the simpsons house, not just the living room and bart's room. Obviously there are limits to what they can do with this, but I think it's important the buildings that are able to be entered feel more natural and not just limit you to one room. It made sense for things like Moes and the Kwik E Mart, but some buildings just felt really weird with how closed off they were.

I liked the scaffolding in level 2 and the fact it was pretty largely accessible. I liked the harbour/lighthouse in level 3 - in fact I reckon they could use that highway and connect it to the areas in levels 1 & 2 contributing to the idea of having all the areas in one map, possibly making it the largest open world of any game ever. I don't think there was multiplayer in the first game am I right? Do you think they should include it in a second game?
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#23 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

Anyone want to sign my online petition to stop online petitions? You can't because their isn't one because online petitions are rarely effective, especially when the company you're sending your request to is Activision.

Hassaan14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Hassaan14
What about the idea of better transportation like planes, boats etc?
Hassaan14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Hassaan14
Bump - has anyone completed the first game 100%? That last mission was a tad difficult.
hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts
Yeah I remember this game from high school... Aghhh good times.
Hassaan14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Hassaan14

Keep signing people, get the word out if you can :)

WinsteadVolve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 WinsteadVolve
Member since 2011 • 366 Posts

Petition signed, I spent my child-hood on that game.

Hassaan14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Hassaan14

I've urged people to get onto Twitter and tweet the link, as well as Facebook or any other popular social messaging service that could help get the word out about it. Signatures are coming much quicker than before with around 10 in the past 24 hours. Post the link on as many popular Simpsons videos as possible but primarily any Hit & Run videos which have a significant amount of views :)

Either way, it was probably one of the best games of the noughties and it definitely warrants a sequel :)

tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

I do remember the game, however I doubt there will be a sequel.

Hassaan14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Hassaan14

Well, with this petition, we are generating interest towards a possible sequel so you never know. 

Either way, still hoping to get a bucket load of signatures to see what happens.

Hassaan14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Hassaan14

Another bump. We are getting a few signatures each day and we're up to 300 now but we still need to keep it going.