The PSOne "STRIKE" Series: Jungle, Soviet, Etc.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

Anyone love these games as much as I do?

I've just been playing "Jungle Strike" again, and once again I'm really impressed with it... From the FMVs to controls, the graphics, story, gameplay, missions, this series is still way-cool. I need to get "Soviet Strike" again. Anyone else still playing? And what do you dig about it? I'd love to see this series come back.

How 'bout you?

Let's talk "STRIKE"!

:D

EDIT: By the way, I can't seem to find any "Let's Play" videos on YouTube for the PS! version of "Jungle Strike"; Anyone know where I can watch some play-through for missions I'm having trouble with? It would be most appreciated.

Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts

I had both Soviet Strike and Nuclear Strike on PlayStation. What I enjoyed the most was the destruction and the ability to use several different vehicles.

As far as Jungle Strike, I wasn't aware there was a PS version, I only thought it came out on Sega Genesis.

Edit: According the Wikipedia, accurate or not, it says that Jungle Strike did not release for the PS - but was on Mega Drive/Genesis, SNES, Amiga CD32, Game Gear, and Game Boy as it was released 2 years prior to the launch of the PlayStation.

Also, the closest game series' that remind me of those games would be things like Command & Conquer, Supreme Commander, and to an extent the Battlefield series, though nothing really comes to mind as being quite the same.

Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts

Apparantly there was a PC version for MS-DOS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rwSuoaANaI did not know about that one.

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

I own all of them except the original, Desert Strike. Those would be Jungle Strike, Urban Strike, Soviet Strike, and Nuclear Strike. They're all pretty fun games. But at the same time, I feel there are better games out there. They're just fun games, but nothing to write home about. I only paid a few bucks each for my copies.

If you like that kind gameplay, Wargames Defcon 1 on PS1 is much better.

Kage1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Kage1
Member since 2003 • 6806 Posts

I was a big fan of the series starting with desert Strike on the SNES. The only one I've never played was Urban Strike.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MonkeySpot

"I'm playing "Nuclear Strike"... I confused the name... Derp.

:oops:

PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts

I have Soviet Strike on the PS and Desert Strike on Game Boy. I never really played Soviet Strike all that much for some reason. Desert Strike on gameboy was ok. The open map was sweet and pretty new for me at the time.

LookAnDrolL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 LookAnDrolL
Member since 2008 • 2483 Posts
Amazing game, just hated those landing missions
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#9 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

Soviet Strike is great, great enough for me to own it twice on two different systems.

the game can very hard though , which in my opinion is its biggest flaw, the learning curve is quite steep , as youre kinda just dropped into the first mission which in itself is quite difficult.

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#10 strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

I had Jungle Strike for the Sega Genesis; I spent a lot of time on that, and beat the game. I rented Desert Strike a couple of times, for SNES, and liked that better than Jungle Strike. I can't help but feel GTA III, borrowed some ideas from Desert Strike--the mission layouts, and open-endedness of the game. I'm also a big GTA III, and Vice City fan.

I haven't played the later Strike games.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#11 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41532 Posts
I only played Nuclear Strike and I thought it was pretty fun. Never beat it though.
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MonkeySpot

I only played Nuclear Strike and I thought it was pretty fun. Never beat it though.nintendoboy16

It's pretty great how well the game has stood the test of time... I was scrutinizing the graphics, and it is a really good looking game, the open-world style of the missions was pretty revolutionary for it's time, and the game doesn't ever feel or appear "cheap". The FMVs don't look ridiculous, when compared to games like "Warhawk" and other contemporaries.

Amster_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 Amster_G
Member since 2009 • 4329 Posts

I only owned Nuclear Strike. Watching this game on YouTube sure brings back a ton of memories. For a while I had it on my PlayStation 3 (from the Store) but I sold my consoles a while back so I know I'm missing out! Such a great classic game.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MonkeySpot

I only owned Nuclear Strike. Watching this game on YouTube sure brings back a ton of memories. For a while I had it on my PlayStation 3 (from the Store) but I sold my consoles a while back so I know I'm missing out! Such a great classic game.

Amster_G

I play more PSOne games on my PS3 than PS3 games... I hear ya!