The "perfect" Grand Theft Auto 6?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LeapyOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 LeapyOne
Member since 2015 • 17 Posts

I think it's safe to assume most people would agree they love Grand Theft Auto 5 for various reasons. The game is awesome, however, not without its flaws as any game. If Rockstar can create your version of "perfect" game with Grand Theft Auto 6, what would they include in it that wasn't in Grand Theft Auto 5?

Dionzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#2  Edited By Dionzilla
Member since 2015 • 90 Posts

@leapyone: I don't know personally if I would like to play a more ''realistic'' game. The stuff Rockstar did with GTA5, like the random adds, jumping in front of cars, middle finger, intense characters and smaller things made GTA5 the thing it was, binding you a little into the world.

The thing I would really like to see again is the map design! GTA5's landscape/city was amazing to me, and I really wish to see it again, not the same map or style ofc, but to get that feeling of life in a game.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

I'd like to see more focus and depth on side stuff to do. It would be nice to have some RPG like elements such an AI system similar to Skyrim where you can talk to individual people and potentially get side missions from them. I just hate how non interactive most of the NPC's in GTA are. Also a little more depth on the street racing stuff would be nice, customizing cars, racing for pinks...etc. More enterable buildings for sure would be awesome. GTA 5 despite it's visual splendor just really seems to be lacking something but feels like everything is just there as a way to provide obstructions in my progress of a linear goal and to pass the time.

I'd also like to see more difficulty in obtaining heavy weapons, just something a little more realistic and perhaps ballistic physics like Sniper Elite. A more realistic economy regarding prices and how much money you obtain....even getting $50 after killing a hooker should at least make you feel like you've earned something worth having....lots of money shouldn't come by so easily is what I'm saying. I get that it's all just a sandbox to wreck havoc in but it's getting pretty old.

It also gets really old just stealing any car you want so easily and abandoning it. Maybe offer a mini game when you steal a car where you have to hot wire it....at least it might make you feel some appreciation for your ride and hang on to it longer. Also the police needs a lot of work but overall I hate how easy it is to get away with just about everything in the game simply by hiding for 30 seconds or whatever and go on about it without any further worries.

isturbo1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 isturbo1984
Member since 2015 • 660 Posts

The GTA games were always great with perfect timing, culturally, in addition to gameplay. For 6 to have the same success, I think they will have to make it even more serious than GTAV was. there was still a lot of goofiness in that game. I don't think they can hit a perfect balance twice.

Also, GTA as a sandbox game series has been on the downslide. There were sandbox adventure games that came out after to GTAIV that simply play better than V did. that is an issue that needs to be solved. I loved how they updated the combat in V to make it feel like a proper TPS... but most sandbox games are exploring alternative means of combat other than a Gears do War clone with open world exploration. Shit needs to change. GTAV rested on the lorels of its production value too much. The game was beautiful and there is a crapton of stuff in it to keep anyone distracted. But when you dont want to sight-see, the mission content is quite boring and repetitive. the core game isnt as fun as it could be.

Whatever happens, it needs to have phenomenal production values like the previous games, but with an effort to push the actual gameplay into something different. switching between characters is not enough. a new way to interact in the world aside from shooting and driving would be nice... and new ways to shoot and drive would be cool as well. a good example of new mechanics that make the old sandbox games fresh is MGSV's mother base structure. now, i'm not saying MGSVI needs a buildable base, but something different to let the player interact with the world, and new ways to let the gunplay and cars interact witht he game world as well.

But let GTAV get old first. Let GTAVI marinate for as long as it has to. We dont want to force it. An early game will shit the bed.

elessarGObonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#5 elessarGObonzo
Member since 2008 • 2677 Posts

one thing that would help lengthen the game would be more random side quests with many more NPCs that keep appearing and a lot more often.

if i remember correctly in GTA4 you would get random calls all the time from other NPCs to come on missions and give them rides places. i don't remember these having a set amount like in GTA5 where you just play through them all and the NPC disappears eventually.

i like the multiple main characters with different lifestyles. i really didn't like being stuck as some dumbass thug in San Andreas. maybe give us a character creation option where we could create our protagonist, pick our neighborhood, lifestyle, profession, voice, etc. that would make multiple playthroughs a much more appealing option.

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6  Edited By gmak2442
Member since 2015 • 1089 Posts

Main story as cop instead of criminals. haha.

And I don't understand how GTA5 sp was not perfect.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#7 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@leapyone said:

I think it's safe to assume most people would agree they love Grand Theft Auto 5 for various reasons. The game is awesome, however, not without its flaws as any game. If Rockstar can create your version of "perfect" game with Grand Theft Auto 6, what would they include in it that wasn't in Grand Theft Auto 5?

Most people?

Anyways i am one of the those who do not like GTA 5, its 3 protagonists was ok, but it could have been done better and not to mention that whomever came up with Trevor should be examined by a doctor for mental issues, that character is probably one of the worst i've ever seen in any video game, and that includes the crying baby called raiden.

For GTA 6 they need to move to London or another city than a murican one, it's about time we get something new, they should 100% take a look at Sleeping Dogs and take a page out of their book on how to make a captivating story and game.

Evil_Saluki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#8 Evil_Saluki
Member since 2008 • 5217 Posts

I don't like swapping between characters. Ruins the immersion and it's the main reason I wasn't bothered about playing it after a few hours, I traded it in.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I've only been interested in one GTA game and that is GTA V. The only reason I was interested is because it gained a first-person view.

Controlling the PC version in first-person view is like using a keyboard/mouse adapter for KZ2 and KZ3 on the PS3. I'd like to see GTA VI with real FPS controls and response. I'd also like to see Rockstar implement the flying controls in Far Cry 4. The latter had superb (keyboard and mouse) controls for flying the Buzzer.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

GTA needs to change direction. I don't wish for bigger cities or more shallow side activities, I desire true depth. I want economy; a black market to manipulate, a criminal enterprise to attain, dictate, and fight to maintain at all costs. I want to be able to recruit criminals to create squads that can specialize in different activities and send them out on missions (with the option to kill these people if they fail me), and also be able to gain access and influence to powerful institutions though bribed or coerced professionals and officials like lawyers and politicians to various effect. To trade drugs, ala Chinatown Wars (which was a brilliant step). To run a prostitution ring, a car theft/chop business, controlling the docks and the imports/exports, trading in illicit goods that I can determine the costs on.

I WANT POWER.

True power does not always come out of the end of the barrel of a gun or is to be found in big explosions (it's just the most tangible manifestation of it); they are in reality subservient to it. I don't just want to be a trigger-man anymore. I don't want to be an errand boy or going out on hits....I want to be ordering them. I want to live out my fantasy of being a criminal overlord in many different aspects. I'm not saying I want GTA to turn into a dull and mundane logistics and administrative spreadsheet, I wish it to remain as it is now, and all of this could easily be incorporated into the phone (as well as having an office at your mansion for time when real planning is required).

But really, GTA needs to stop being a prison that extends for miles in every direction which only gives the illusion of freedom when it's anything but. The series has reached the apex of what it has originally set out to do: it's realized an enormous, highly detailed open world for the player to superficially mess around in doing pointless, irrelevant bullshit, with a goofy narrative progressing it forward in linear mission constructs. R* really needs to start thinking quality instead of quantity, and get to work on really bringing out the potential such a vast world presents by making the player truly relevant within it and not being just a nuisance upon its surface.

Until they do this, I'm going to keep getting further fatigued because with each new GTA all I'm doing is finding myself playing a bigger and prettier version of a game that I fell in love with on the PS2. But that was then. It's long due to evolve, and I really hope VI takes massive steps in this way.

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By elheber
Member since 2005 • 2895 Posts

@leapyone: The most important advancement IMHO would be to increase the level of interactivity with the virtual city (or cities). This means allowing you to walk into most buildings. This means a Shadow of Mordor style mechanic that lets you actually influence, bribe, kill, stalk or otherwise influence key public figures as they rise in rank or popularity. This means watching as you bankrupt the city as it pays for repairs or build its infrastructure from your underground strings.

No binary good or bad ending, no morality or reputation meter. The results of your actions are displayed only by the city.

If done this way, I feel many players could start out as apathetic low level thugs and, as they see the repercussions of their actions unfold, grow to become morally questionable kingpins that really want good for their city. Or they could become villains. Or any place in-between.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

Surely there is something else in a story that doesn't involve the protagonist being a greedy low life thug of sorts? Would be nice to let the players decide what they want to be, to have options to do positive things as well, honest job missions or play as a thief by skipping the mission giver and stealing his money instead? Or take on a greedy corporation with a hacker's side story, do some GreenPeace type missions to save some whales, hunt down some poachers, a mini game where you help old ladies across the streets even. For the players choices to have more realistic consequences and how NPC's treat you. There is a lot that could be accomplished with Rockstar's money and developers like Bethesda, CD Project Red, Piranha Bytes..e.tc has the better idea on giving us open world options in who are character is imo. Not saying GTA needs to go RPG, just take some cues from those kinds of games because they add a lot of depth.