The Order 1886 gameplay video

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Enjoy it, it looks really good. It's been shared by IGN. I can't embed it sadly, so you have to follow the link. I actually like the look of the QTE's tbh. Also the shooting mechanics look solid with a good cover system and some amazng cinematics

The game only gives an overall first impression on what the game is and what is in it.

Video

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Wow... now that's a next gen looking game. Really hyped for this to come out.

barrybarryk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 barrybarryk
Member since 2012 • 488 Posts

lol "gameplay" video

I genuinely have never seen a blander looking video game. I really liked the original setting and ideas behind the game and really want it be great, but Jesus Christ, it makes Gears of War look colourful and cheerful. Narrow grey corridors with huge chest high walls? No thanks.

Eventually they'll show off some real gameplay and maybe it'll be fantastic, but what little I've seen so far of the actual game looks positively boring. Great art direction for the characters and a fantastic looking engine, but that won't carry a game for me.

And no the "choose how this canned animation ends" QTE's don't do anything for me. If you want your game to be so cinematic you've actually negatively impacted the gameplay by interrupting it every few seconds, just go make a movie.

cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 cdragon_88
Member since 2003 • 1840 Posts
@barrybarryk said:

lol "gameplay" video

I genuinely have never seen a blander looking video game. I really liked the original setting and ideas behind the game and really want it be great, but Jesus Christ, it makes Gears of War look colourful and cheerful. Narrow grey corridors with huge chest high walls? No thanks.

Eventually they'll show off some real gameplay and maybe it'll be fantastic, but what little I've seen so far of the actual game looks positively boring. Great art direction for the characters and a fantastic looking engine, but that won't carry a game for me.

And no the "choose how this canned animation ends" QTE's don't do anything for me. If you want your game to be so cinematic you've actually negatively impacted the gameplay by interrupting it every few seconds, just go make a movie.

Unfortunately I agree. Kinda want this game to be good but sheesh. Hopefully, the good stuff is still underwraps.

tzolynski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By tzolynski
Member since 2013 • 90 Posts

There is so little game play here its really hard to get a feel for it. On the other hand the visuals look great, and i dont mind it being dark and dreary its a depiction of London in the late 1800s it was a shady time historically. I still want to see some REAL game play but it looks promising. Im hoping that its not a movie with a bunch of QTE's but time will tell, ive been looking forward to this game since the first trailer i watched.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

basically the same 15-20 seconds of gameplay we saw last week in those gifs. Still not much to go on. But that gun did sound like it had some serious weight to it, so that's nice.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7  Edited By S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

Why is IGN posting the same shit that was posted last week?

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

@barrybarryk said:

lol "gameplay" video

The game looks incredibly boring and generic.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 S0lidSnake

@Pffrbt said:

@barrybarryk said:

lol "gameplay" video

I know i shouldnt bother but its midnight and my judgement is impaired so here we go.

I can understand the game looking boring considering the footage we've seen doesn't show that much, but where do you get generic from? The setting is unique... I cant remember playing a game set in the victorian era last gen. I do remember playing a lot of War games and post-apocalyptic zombie and sci-fi shooters, but definitely no Victorian Era action adventure games set in London. The atmosphere is off the charts and it's hands down the best looking game we've ever seen. Not seeing generic at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@marcheegsr said:

Graphically it looks like uncharted on ps3, in 1080p, with some post processing, camera shaking and black bars.

The game is cleary cinematic dog shite

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Pffrbt

@S0lidSnake said:

where do you get generic from?

The gameplay being the same boring cover shooter tripe we've seen a million times already, the focus on being "cinematic" rather than being actually fun, the QTE's.

"hands down the best looking game we've ever seen."

This game doesn't even come close to getting on the list of "best looking games I've ever seen".

huerito323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12 huerito323
Member since 2009 • 1432 Posts

The game looks incredibly boring and uninteresting to me.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 S0lidSnake

@Pffrbt said:

@S0lidSnake said:

The gameplay being the same boring cover shooter tripe we've seen a million times already, the focus on being "cinematic" rather than being actually fun, the QTE's.

This game doesn't even come close to getting on the list of "best looking games I've ever seen".

What game do you think looks better? i'd love to play it.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#14 ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

Despite the dazzling cape physics, this looks a bit drab.

Of course Gears was drab and I enjoyed the heck out of that game, so I'm keeping my hopes up. Would really like to see more of this one.

Hopefully we'll get some more info come E3 time.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Pffrbt

@S0lidSnake said:

What game do you think looks better? i'd love to play it.

NiGHTS into Dreams
Super Mario 3D World
El Shaddai
Sonic 3
Dynamite Headdy
Viewtiful Joe
JSRF
ICO
Shadow of the Colossus
Nintendoland
Fragile Dreams

Compelling, eye-catching art goes a lot further than simply having good graphics.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

@ZZoMBiE13: Despite the dazzling cape physics, this looks a bit drab.

While I'm all for color, it's 19th century London. I mean, (incoming history lesson) in 1886 you're a couple decades removed from the Great Stink when the whole city literally smelled like shit because the sewers were backed up and the thames was clogged. So some of the jobs of the period included mudlarks and toshers who went scavenging in all the mud of London's overflown waterways and sewers, making a living off of selling the stuff they found in piles of shit. And then, of course, the London fog, which was regular fog mixed with the smoke of way too many chimneys in too small an area.

While I'm usually one to complain about limited color palettes....what I've seen so far is perfect. :)

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

Maybe its my monitor, but I couldn't even see that video. Most of it was flashes of light in the darkness. At least on my monitor, the Youtube version looks much brighter and cleaner. Anyway, the game looks awesome. I love a good shooter campaign. Since the big money is in multiplayer, most shooter campaigns tend to suck hard which is why I'm undistressed that some developers who in the past just crapped out shoddy, short SP campaign are dropping the fig leaf.

I loved Ready at Dawn's GoWs (as I've noted before, they've done better work with weapons than Sony Santa Monica) so I'm really looking forward to this.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/02/26/10-things-need-know-order-1886/

Loading Video...

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 The_Last_Ride

@marcheegsr said:

It looks good, it's a tidbit of the game. Anyone that thinks that this represents the whole game is mistaken. That's like saying a CGI trailer for a game is what the game is about. But it looks good

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#19 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69364 Posts
@barrybarryk said:

lol "gameplay" video

Glad I am not the only one who saw the lack of gameplay. It just seemed like actual gameplay was sprinkled in between the cutscenes. If they are not showing extensive gameplay now, I don't expect much to change in the future.

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#20 kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

ok ok too many QTEs

I love the Setting and Environment , the Atmosphere and Art Style looks Great . So does the Graphics .

But the Gameplay ..... anyone Remembers Ryse ? :D

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#21 ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

@CarnageHeart said:

Maybe its my monitor, but I couldn't even see that video. Most of it was flashes of light in the darkness. At least on my monitor, the Youtube version looks much brighter and cleaner. Anyway, the game looks awesome. I love a good shooter campaign. Since the big money is in multiplayer, most shooter campaigns tend to suck hard which is why I'm undistressed that some developers who in the past just crapped out shoddy, short SP campaign are dropping the fig leaf.

I loved Ready at Dawn's GoWs (as I've noted before, they've done better work with weapons than Sony Santa Monica) so I'm really looking forward to this.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/02/26/10-things-need-know-order-1886/

Loading Video...

Oh wow. That version of the footage is night and day to the video I watched earlier. The one I watched was dark and grainy. This one looks a lot better.

I just thought the darkness was part of the art direction when I first saw it. lol
It wasn't as dark as you described when I watched it. I mean I could make out what was going on. But this linked YouTube video is remarkably better. Thanks for posting it. :)

stizzal13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By stizzal13
Member since 2013 • 609 Posts
@Pffrbt said:

@S0lidSnake said:

Based on the information released, I have to agree with you. There is nothing about the game that stands out for me. Yes, it looks good graphically, but not mind blowing (1080p 30fps?!?!). I just checked my calendar, and it is 2014!

I think the environment may detract from the graphic fidelity of the game, IMO. But, I cannot criticize the game for its setting. The devs did a good job of capturing the time period.

As for gameplay, I see a cover shooter with a sprinkle of QTE's, and that is in between cinematic cut-scenes. But, I want to see a longer gameplay video before I pass a final judgement.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@kingcrimson24 said:

ok ok too many QTEs

I love the Setting and Environment , the Atmosphere and Art Style looks Great . So does the Graphics .

This was just a tidbit of the game, this might not even be that much in the game. I wouldn't judge it entirely on this alone

cejay0813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#24 cejay0813
Member since 2004 • 1939 Posts
@S0lidSnake said:

@Pffrbt said:

@barrybarryk said:

lol "gameplay" video

I know i shouldnt bother but its midnight and my judgement is impaired so here we go.

I can understand the game looking boring considering the footage we've seen doesn't show that much, but where do you get generic from? The setting is unique... I cant remember playing a game set in the victorian era last gen. I do remember playing a lot of War games and post-apocalyptic zombie and sci-fi shooters, but definitely no Victorian Era action adventure games set in London. The atmosphere is off the charts and it's hands down the best looking game we've ever seen. Not seeing generic at all.

Setting alone does not determine if something is generic... QTE's, chest-high walls, snap cover... It's basically everything we've seen painted in a new setting. Believe me I was looking forward to the game but now that I've seen gameplay, it's actually sort of a let down.

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#25 kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@kingcrimson24 said:

ok ok too many QTEs

This was just a tidbit of the game, this might not even be that much in the game. I wouldn't judge it entirely on this alone

I hope you are Right , Because this game looks sweet , I just love the Art Design .

pupp3t_mast3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26  Edited By pupp3t_mast3r
Member since 2008 • 141 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

Enjoy it, it looks really good. It's been shared by IGN. I can't embed it sadly, so you have to follow the link. I actually like the look of the QTE's tbh. Also the shooting mechanics look solid with a good cover system and some amazng cinematics

The game only gives an overall first impression on what the game is and what is in it.

Video

While the game certainly looks the part for a next gen game I'm a bit worried that this particular video had more QTE and cinematics in it than free form gameplay. Only time will tell I guess.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 The_Last_Ride

@kingcrimson24 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@kingcrimson24 said:

ok ok too many QTEs

I hope you are Right , Because this game looks sweet , I just love the Art Design .

Let's hope so, i love the art design and the tone of it aswell

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#28  Edited By mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

It's not an actual gameplay IMO , it's a merge u know CG n gameplay ...

It reminds me of Ryse , all these QTEs which kinda ruins the game it's like you're watching a movie !

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 ojmstr
Member since 2003 • 1949 Posts

Looks insane!! Better graphics and physics than on pc :) Naughty dog is such a great gaming company

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

@ojmstr said:

Looks insane!! Better graphics and physics than on pc :) Naughty dog is such a great gaming company

Its from a developer called Ready at Dawn (some of the them are ex-Naughty Dog according to Wikipedia). Their past credits include the two PSP God of Wars.

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31 ojmstr
Member since 2003 • 1949 Posts

@CarnageHeart said:

@ojmstr said:

Its from a developer called Ready at Dawn (some of the them are ex-Naughty Dog according to Wikipedia). Their past credits include the two PSP God of Wars.

Oh ok, i might be missinformed but in this video from playstation magazine > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lIG-BI2Vno&list=PLBEC8E046E1B4C33E&index=74

They say at 0:47 its been nicknamed the first Naughtydog game for the Ps4.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 The_Last_Ride

I really want this to hit it off for gamers