.: The Official Ninja Gaiden II Thread (Reviews are coming in!) :. (56k warning)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dutch_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 Dutch_Mix
Member since 2005 • 29266 Posts
NG2banner.jpg picture by Dutch_Mix

Welcome to GGD's official Ninja Gaiden 2 thread. Here you'll find all of the latest Ninja Gaiden 2 information including news, previews, screenshots, and videos. Naturally, I won't be able to keep this thread updated every 24 hours so if you find something that needs updating or if something is wrong with this thread (i.e. a link is not working) please feel free to let me know either in this post or via PM.

Important Links:

Tecmo.com

Gamespot's Ninja Gaiden 2 Gamespace

Team Xbox's Ninja Gaiden 2 Gamespace

IGN's Ninja Gaiden 2 Gamespace

Xbox.com's Ninja Gaiden 2 Gamespace

rragnaar's fantastic GTA IV thread

GG's Weekly What's Update Blog

FAQ:

Q: When is this game coming out?

A: Ninja Gaiden II has been confirmed for June 6

Q: What platform(s) is Ninja Gaiden II coming out for?

A: Ninja Gaiden II is currently an Xbox 360 exclusive.

Q: What is Ninja Gaiden rated?

A: Ninja Gaiden 2 has been rated "M" for Mature by the ESRB. The content descriptors include; Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Partial Nudity, and Suggestive Themes.

Q: Will there be a multiplayer mode?

A: No. Ninja Gaiden 2 is strictly a single-player game

Q: This game seems awfully bloody, will there be an option to disable the blood?

A: As of right now, no option has currently been announced.

Q: Will there be a demo?

A: Yes. According to Xbox.com, "...get your hands on the free demo coming to Xbox LIVE Marketplace in May, and guide Ryu on his mission to avenge his clan!"

Q: Do I need to have played the original Ninja Gaiden to understand the plot in Ninja Gaiden II?

A: From what I've read, Ninja Gaiden II appears to take place in an entirely different location with different characters (aside from the main protagonist) so no you don't need to have played Ninja Gaiden to understand Ninja Gaiden II. However, it's never too late to experience the original Ninja Gaiden. If you haven't played it yet, pick up a copy from EB Games or download it off the Xbox Marketplace (See Xbox Originals).

Q: Can I pre-order Ninja Gaiden II?

A: Yes. EB Games and other retailors are currently accepting pre-orders.

Q: What are ur favorit games --

A: Stop...

Boxart:

Features:

Ninja Gaiden® II makes its long-awaited debut on Xbox 360® as the blockbuster action-packed sequel to Ninja Gaiden®. Ninja Gaiden II features a new and improved game engine, developed from the ground up exclusively for Microsoft and Xbox 360 by Team Ninja and legendary game developer Tomonobu Itagaki, creator of the famed Dead or Alive franchise.

Guide Ryu Hayabusa on a mission to avenge his clan and prevent the destruction of the human race. Armed with an assortment of ninja weaponry, help Ryu to skillfully maneuver through a world fraught with peril and danger. Ninja Gaiden II features an all-new gameplay engine, new auto-health regeneration system, levels, adventures, enemies, and thrilling combat with an extensive assortment of ninja weaponry, representing a true evolution of the highly popular franchise.

• Exhilarating ninja action: Assume the role of a ninja warrior and experience an all-new combat system that requires skill and mastery of your full arsenal of weapons, including Obliteration Techniques allowing you to quickly and stylishly finish off an opponent. In addition to a variety of brutal new primary weapons and enhanced versions of previous favorites, Ninja Gaiden II features unique acrobatic combat and attacks used not only by Ryu Hayabusa but also by his formidable enemies.
  • Easy to play, hard to master:Ninja Gaiden II's new auto-healing system featuring semi-permanent damage restored at save points is the natural evolution of the franchise's distinctive gameplay, and introduces a new twist to managing health. Featuring a newly implemented auto-healing functionality and save point system, as well as an extensive story mode and multiple difficulty levels available from the start of the game, the gameplay is accessible to more casual players and challenging to even the most demanding gamers.
  • Massive content and engrossing story: The themes of revenge and friendship in Ninja Gaiden II give rise to a series of dramatic events to create a truly compelling story. From Tokyo to New York and to the Netherworld, the story leads you through a lengthy, action-packed story mode as you skillfully maneuver Ryu Hayabusa through a demonized world fraught with peril and danger. In addition to the single-player campaign, upload Karma scores to Xbox LIVE® leaderboards and participate in an all-new Master Ninja Tournament.
  • Realistic graphics in next-generation gaming: Built from the ground-up from Team Ninja's in-house gaming engine for Xbox 360, Ninja Gaiden II represents the best in amazing visuals, responsive control, and thrilling combat with an extensive assortment of ninja weaponry.

Screenshots:

Ninja Gaiden 2 Screenshot #85
Ninja Gaiden 2 Screenshot #77Ninja Gaiden 2 Screenshot #75Ninja Gaiden 2 Screenshot #76Ninja Gaiden 2 Screenshot #81

Ninja Gaiden 2 Screenshot #84

Previews:

Ninja Gaiden II Hands-on Impressions (Team Xbox)

Ninja Gaiden II Hands-On Impressions (Gamespot)

Videos:

Ninja Gaiden 2 Sonia Reveal Trailer

Ninja Gaiden 2 GDC 08 Demo Footage

Ninja Gaiden 2 December Trailer #3

Ninja Gaiden 2 Gameplay Footage

Ninja Gaiden TGS 2007 Gameplay Part 2

Ninja Gaiden TGS 2007 Gameplay Part 1

TGS 07: Ninja Gaiden 2 Teaser Trailer

Gamespy video footage.

Interviews:

Ninja Gaiden II Interview: Tecmo's Tomonobu Itagaki

( Last Updated on 4/24/2008 )

Reviews:

Gamesradar - 7/10

IGN - 8.7/10

Eurogamer - 7/10

CVG - 8/10

Gamedaily - 9/10

More to come.

Dutch_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Dutch_Mix

Friends & Fiends Part 1

Friends & Fiends Part 2

Friends & Fiends Part 3

Enemies of Ninja Gaiden 2:

Werewolf:

Alexei:

"One of the Four Greater Fiends, and Ruler of Lightning, his hatred of humankind knows no bounds. He has taken the city of New York in his evil grasp and waits perched upon the Statue of Liberty, challenging Ryu Hayabusa to come and face him."

Zedonius:

"One of the four Greater Fiends and Ruler of Flame, Zedonius has nothing but contempt for human life. He has descended upon the capital of a once-great military superpower, threatening all humankind with an ultimatum: submit to the will of the Fiends or be burned by infernal flames. Ryu must ascend the city's clocktower to put an end to his fearsome reign."

Volf:

"Ruler of Storms and one of the Four Greater Fiends, Volf is a vicious warrior who seeks an opponent worthy of himself. His Lycanthrope underlings have taken over the canal-lined streets of the tranquil Aqua Capital as he sits in his throne in the castle above. Will Ryu prove to be a fitting adversary?"

Elizebet:

"
Ruler of Blood and Queen of the Greater Fiends, Elizébet is tasked with retrieving an important ancient artifact from the ancestral village of Ryu Hayabusa, setting into motion a sequence of events that will threaten the very existence of the human race. Will Ryu be able to track her down and stop this evil cycle before it's too late?"

Genshin:

"Overlord of the Black Spider Ninja Clan, Genshin's lust for power is matched only by his hatred of Ryu Hayabusa and his bloodline. Hoping to gain an upper hand in the struggle for Ninja superiority, Genshin enters into an uneasy allegiance with the Fiends. He will stop at nothing to destroy Ryu and put an end to this centuries-old feud once and for all."

Allies:

Joe Hayabusa:

"The father of Ryu Hayabusa, Joe has returned from training in distant lands to resume his duties as the leader of the Hayabusa Ninja Clan, only to be injured in one of his many battles against the forces of evil. He lays in rest at his home in the Castle of the Dragon, unaware that the evil shadow of the Black Spider Clan slowly descends upon his village."

Muramasa:

"A wizened old shopkeeper, there is more to him than meets the eye. Knowledgeable in weapons new and old, from both East and West, he provides invaluable information for Ryu Hayabusa on his travels. His shops are oases, providing both items and weapon upgrades."

The weapons of Ninja Gaiden II: (From IGN)

Falcon's Talons

"These are the money weapons. Though they have no range whatsoever, Falcon's Talons are probably the fastest weapons in NG2. You get to be Wolverine with six claws on your hands, but also claws on your feet. And when fully upgraded, this potent weapon is gold accented. Imagine if Elvis and Wolverine had a baby... a very angry baby. The Falcon's Talons have some of the coolest-looking combos in NG2. One has you spiraling feet first in an acrobatic move that can overpower enemies. Run up a wall and tap Y and instead of dropping straight down for an attack, you do a slick-looking diagonal slash. Clearly the weapon of choice for anyone who wants to look cool while killing fiends."

Kusari-gama
"This is the bad ass version of the Vigoorian Flail, if you can believe that. Though not a particularly powerful weapon, the chain and sickle has amazing range. We've seen it get almost clear across the screen. If you know how to chain combos, you can create some truly stunning moves. It's almost like a dance of death if you know what you're doing. As you upgrade this, the weight at the end of the chain goes from blunt instrument to spiked ball of death. The Ultimate Technique for this beauty is basically a smart bomb. It wipes out anything within a 10-foot radius around Ryu."

Lunar Staff
"The Lunar Staff is, oddly enough, a great weapon to use in hallways. If there are lots of enemies straight ahead, it's an unstoppable tool. But it isn't as useful in wide-open rooms, as many of the combos are lengthy and continually drive you forward, often only striking one or two enemies. It still looks great (and demolishes limbs), but it is not the best weapon in NG2. At least, not in our opinion. That's more a credit to the improvements to the other weapons than condemnation of the Lunar."

Dragon's Claw and Tiger's Fang
"The twin swords aren't as powerful, perhaps, as the Dragon Sword on its own. However, it has some of the best obliteration moves. Lop a limb off an enemy, hit Y, and you are treated to some devastating finishers. The best dices fiends into thirds. The twin blades feel a bit slower compared to some of the other weapons, but seem to be more effective at dismembering enemies."

Ninja Gaiden II Screenshot

Dragon Sword
"The Dragon Sword is as quick and deadly as it was in NG1. We didn't notice a lot of new combos, but certainly there are some refined animations. The Dragon Sword is a great default -- the kind of weapon you can power up and use from start to finish. And there is a "Level 4" upgrade available, meaning that once again you can have the True Dragon Sword. There are several Ultimate Technique moves this time around. Our favorite is performed by doing a half-circle + Y. Hold and you get a tornado of blades slicing enemies from bottom to top."

Ninja Gaiden II Picture

Eclipse Scythe
"The final weapon we received in the preview build, the scythe, isn't the oversized weapon you might expect. It's more like a sawed-off scythe. The handle is short, allowing for greater speed. The scythe has a couple of stunning obliteration moves. One can best be described as a full vivisection. The other has you lop off a head, hook the scythe into the neck stump, and sling the fiend off to the side."

Ninja Gaiden II Screenshot

Dutch_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Dutch_Mix

Moar Screenshots!

Additional Previews:

Latest Itagaki Interview: Bugs

CVG's Impressions 6 Chapters In (Harder, Faster, Stronger)

Ninja Gaiden 2: Reader Q & A

Ninja Gaiden 2: Media explosion

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
Nice thread! I keep forgetting that this game is coming so soon.
SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 SteelAttack
Member since 2005 • 10520 Posts

Nice thread! I keep forgetting that this game is coming so soon.rragnaar

It must be because both of us are wimps in regards to this types of games. *adopts fetal position*

Kickass thread, Dutch! Three thumbs up!

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rragnaar

Three thumbs up!

SteelAttack

:lol:... I'm not even going to guess what you mean by that! :P

SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SteelAttack

Infinite approval.

:P

I must beat NG before getting this game. I need to throw away the layers of embarrasment and wimpiness that cover me like a black shroud.

Kreatzion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Kreatzion
Member since 2003 • 6468 Posts
I can't wait for this game anymore. I'm currently playing Ninja Gaiden Sigma in preparation for this game and damn is it hard as hell. Out of the big 3, God of War, Devil May Cry, and Ninja Gaiden, NG has to be by far the hardest. I'm hoping the sequel is just a beastly as Sigma.
HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 HiResDes
Member since 2004 • 5919 Posts
I'm absolutely sure that Ninja Gaiden II will feature harder enemies, with far greater AI than the last game. However, I believe the game will indeed be easier overall, but thats due to the gameplay decisions Itagaki has chosen to take to make the game more fluid and less frustating.
_Dez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 _Dez_
Member since 2006 • 2398 Posts

One thing that kind of bugged me with the first one was with the placement of save points that felt a little uneven, with some being close together and others stretched farther than I would have liked. Hopefully, there has been some improvements regarding that.

I'm not too concerned with the difficulty. I expect a wider range of difficulties to cater to players with their appropriate comfort zone. Itagaki doesn't seem like the kind of guy to lower the overall difficulty for NG. I do think that the first mission will be much easier in 2 than 1.

SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SteelAttack

Where are you at?

Dutch_Mix

Oh, I only played it back when dvader made that friendly NG contest. I only got past the fat dude with the huge gun, and then the contest was over, lol. Never rented it again. With the strategy discussed in that thread, I managed to get Master Ninja in each stage, but never played it again.

UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#13 UpInFlames
Member since 2004 • 13301 Posts

Where are you at?Dutch_Mix

Forget about it. He will never finish it. Steel just doesn't finish games, it's his thing. Gaming is just something he squeezes in-between his daily Gilmore Girls marathons.

SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SteelAttack

[QUOTE="Dutch_Mix"]Where are you at?UpInFlames

Forget about it. He will never finish it. Steel just doesn't finish games, it's his thing. Gaming is just something he squeezes in-between his daily Gilmore Girls marathons.

:lol: I finished Ass Creed, you know? :P

Kreatzion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Kreatzion
[QUOTE="Dutch_Mix"]

Where are you at?

SteelAttack

Oh, I only played it back when dvader made that friendly NG contest. I only got past the fat dude with the huge gun, and then the contest was over, lol. Never rented it again. With the strategy discussed in that thread, I managed to get Master Ninja in each stage, but never played it again.

I'm in chapter 8 right now and I believe that's a chapter 3 boss. So far, I still think that's the hardest boss I've played in the game so far. So far, most of the enemies are really hard as well just because of sheer numbers. I personally have a really hard time iwth the Black Spider Ninjas and those motorcycle tengus that I like to call, Kawasaki Boyz. The regular fiends can get annoying too with all of their dodging and what not.

Kreatzion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Kreatzion
[QUOTE="Dutch_Mix"]

Where are you at?

SteelAttack

I'm in chapter 8 right now and I believe that's a chapter 3 boss. So far, I still think that's the hardest boss I've played in the game so far. So far, most of the enemies are really hard as well just because of sheer numbers. I personally have a really hard time with the Black Spider Ninjas and those motorcycle tengus that I like to call, Kawasaki Boyz. The regular fiends can get annoying too with all of their dodging and what not.

D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 D3s7rUc71oN
Member since 2004 • 5180 Posts

GOTY!

Reading GS' preview of the game, it seems the game is harder than the original with a more aggressive and improved AI. I wouldn't be worry about Itagaki toning down this game's difficulty.

D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 D3s7rUc71oN

GOTY!

Reading GS' preview of the game, it seems the game is harder than the original with a more aggressive and improved AI. I wouldn't be worry about Itagaki toning down this game's difficulty.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
Ooooooohhh I like the boxart. Can't wait for this game!!! And im not talking im mildly excited like these other yeehaws here I mean EXCITED! *DOWN BOY!* whiispiish!
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
Ooooooohhh I like the boxart. Can't wait for this game!!! And im not talking im mildly excited like these other yeehaws here I mean EXCITED! *DOWN BOY!* whipiish!
HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 HiResDes

Latest Itagaki Interview: Bugs

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44161 Posts

Woah. :shock:

Awesome thread Dutch. Seeing all this Ninja Gaiden II sweetness in one spot damn near brought a tear to my eye. Even though picking this game up is a no-brainer for me I can't wait to get the demo just to kill some time until it gets released. Time to go get a pre-order.

SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SteelAttack

Why isn't this thread getting more love? What are you all, pirates? Y'arr.

Oh, and this:

The sharp and painful slash of the Falcon's Talons rips through the Black Spider Ninja. The shock stops his move and his blood splashes on the floor, but he still stands, showing his deadly pride.

...is awesome.

Avatar image for AtomicTangerine
AtomicTangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AtomicTangerine
Member since 2005 • 4413 Posts
I'm guessing this thread isn't taking off like it should because it is not the official Ninja Gaiden thread, but in fact the official thread of dismemberment relating to this game. I'm sure if you included stabbing, disemboweling, slashing, bone-breaking, and all the other awesome things in this game, you would get more responses. Less people getting decapitated, and more people holding their own intestines, and even using them as nunchukas.
HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 HiResDes
CVG's Impressions 6 Chapters In (Harder, Faster, Stronger)
Kreatzion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Kreatzion

I have 2 questions about Ninja Gaiden.

1 - How many chapters are there in Ninja Gaiden Sigma? (Currently on chapter 10. The boss just kicked my ass.)
2 - Is Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword part of the main storyline of Ninja Gaiden?

_Dez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 _Dez_
Member since 2006 • 2398 Posts

1 - How many chapters are there in Ninja Gaiden Sigma? (Currently on chapter 10. The boss just kicked my ass.)

Kreatzion

There are 19 chapters total. The three Rachel stages are the additional chapters made for Sigma, and the game has a few more tweaks beyond Black to reduce a little frustration in the level design.

Dutch_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Dutch_Mix

Updated Original Thread - 4/24/08

Added:

Updated Release Date for Ninja Gaiden 2

Link to Gaming Geek's Weekly What's Update Blog

Started Feature focusing on the enemies of Ninja Gaiden 2

Started Feature focusing on the weapons of Ninja Gaiden 2

Link to IGN's Ninja Gaiden 2 - Q & A (Great Read!)

inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 inoperativeRS
Member since 2004 • 8844 Posts

CVG's Impressions 6 Chapters In (Harder, Faster, Stronger)HiResDes

Scooter!

Anyways, game just got confirmed for 6th June for Europe. Great news, my summer vacation has just started by then.

Dutch_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Dutch_Mix
[QUOTE="Dutch_Mix"]

Link to Gaming Geek's Weekly What's Update Blog

dvader654

You are a good man. :)

Great job with this thread too.

Thanks.

Got to keep up with the Joneses over there in System Wars. :P

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#32 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

That Kusari-gama seems like Kratos' Chains of Chaos, only....Hayabused. I remember reading on how the weapons can be changed in-game rather than just pausing the game. I usually just used with the Dragon Sword after I beat most of the missions on master ninja, but now I think these new weapons can add some serious variety to the fights.

And Dragon's Claw and Tiger's Fang look cooler now.

Kreatzion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Kreatzion
Almost done with Ninja Gaiden Sigma. I'm currently on chapter 18 and I'm a little stuck on some of the bosses.
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 rragnaar
Here is some new footage.
Angry_Beaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Angry_Beaver
Member since 2003 • 4884 Posts

:o

Complete... AWESOMENESS!!!

That was so awesome that my browser closed at one point, lol. Here's hoping that at some point NG2 will be ported to the PS3. That looks so much better than NG1 that the first game could be called a children's game were it not for the difficulty. :P

HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 HiResDes

Here is some new footage.rragnaar

holy crap this game is really coming along pretty damn nicely, it looks loads better than the first gameplay footage we were shown that made me think that this game was barely going to look better than its predecessor.

SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SteelAttack

Meh, it looks ok.

[spoiler]  [/spoiler]

UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 UpInFlames

Here is some new footage.rragnaar

Intensity incarnate.

:lol: @ Steel

D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 D3s7rUc71oN
Holy Crap! That trailer is pure ownage *pumps fist*
HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 HiResDes

Ninja Gaiden II details from Famitsu's latest "Team Ninja Freaks"

Originally Posted by XNinjaRed's translation:

Vigoorian Flails work differently then in the previous version.

There are 8 main weapons to work with.

Path of the Acolyte will be very easy, but still be enjoyable.

The Fiend's Bane Bow can be charged, but the game is very fast already, so you can fire noncharged shots very quickly too.

People tend to have the wrong idea of an action game where enemies are punching bags rather then actual enemies. That's just stupid.

The military starts to experiment with bioweapons and fuses humans with mummies and such to give them partially immortality. Those bioweapons are needed for the ultimate weapon. They are called CIWS (Close Defense Weapon System), but I can't say more without revealing spoilers.

Eclipse Scythe's early level 1 movements were very harsh, but we've made it more harsh then ever with the new added moves in the higher levels. This will go with all weapons in this game. Every weapon has it's own way of fighting and they become more clear the higher their levels are. We also upgraded the Shuriken from what it usually was. Instead of throwing 4 Shurikens in a row, it's 5 now. It's a minor change, but might become useful.

The Gatling Speargun is still very useful in water, but it becomes more useful on land now.

The water is more interesting.
Actual waves of water affect your way of walking on it.
Gaja, the longtailed bone fiends you could find in the GDC demo, are amphibious, they can swim in the water.
They swim like snakes. If you make movement in water, the waves actually make them move differently.

In Helena's ending you see someone die by Ryu's dark Ninpo, that Ninpo will be in this game. That was not Victor Donova by the way, it was just a junior Executive. Donovan still lives and the story WILL continue. Donovan is much more ugly then the guy who died.

Art of the Pheonix Fire is an upgraded version of Art of the Firewheels.
Instead of the fires flying closely around Ryu, the fires take the forms of falcons and fly much longer around Ryu, and a bit further to make it more usful.

Recovery items are now in little powders. I thought it was stupid to have bottles of healing postions everywhere. "This time, Ryu uses drugs to heal" he said while laughing.

Armlets are discontinued. Ryu pretty much has all armlets on at the same time now.

This game will be an art of action, which is a good thing. Some games make you get tired of fighting, but not this game.

Every place gets decorated with your vengeance. You can always come back acd see all the dead bodies lying everywhere.

Continuity was put with Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword, which is what makes that game exciting. But the game wasn't made to appeal to the hardcore fans, but to introduce people to the franchise, seeing how it's much more approachable.

We gave names to useful moves. Guard an attack and dash will make you dash with an after image, that move's called "Kingdom". A continuous wallrun is called "Shadowless Footsteps". You can do this anytime, but you get scrolls explaining how to do it. Those scrolls have videos to show what they are.

There are lots of enemies in this game. The Black Spider Ninjas from the previous game return, so no need to talk about them anymore. Alexia and the Werewolves are still a bit unpolished. Sonia is a Tomboyish Heroine. She kinda has the role of Ayane in the last game.

Some americans were able to finish the beta version in 15 hours, We're still adjusting that. The time playing is supposed to be huge.

Each weapon is useful now, but Dragon Sword is still the balanced weapon.
In the end of the game you'll have weapons for each situation.

People can compete in Master Ninja Tournaments.

The game will have DLC.

The Demo will come mid May.

inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 inoperativeRS
Member since 2004 • 8844 Posts

Holy crap that sounds awesome. I love hearing Itagaki talk about the stories in his games, I mean, does anyone actually take him seriously? There's so much amazing stuff in that article though, it's hard to believe it's only one month left. Only problem is, will I be done with GTA in time?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44161 Posts

Great job keeping on the ball with this game Hi_Res.

This game looks and sounds like it'll be freakin' awesome. Demo coming out sometime this month for it and the full game coming out next month. Man I can't wait.

patriots2871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 patriots2871
Member since 2007 • 21445 Posts
i like the box cover looks cool
Dutch_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Dutch_Mix

Ninja Gaiden II details from Famitsu's latest "Team Ninja Freaks"

Originally Posted by XNinjaRed's translation:

People tend to have the wrong idea of an action game where enemies are punching bags rather then actual enemies. That's just stupid.

HiResDes

Hmm, I wonder what game he's referring to? :P

Thanks for the update, Des.

UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 UpInFlames

Every place gets decorated with your vengeance. You can always come back acd see all the dead bodies lying everywhere.HiResDes

Thank you. Carry on.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 rragnaar

Here are some more videos that reveal some characters in the game:

Genshin

Elizebet

D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 D3s7rUc71oN

Genshin

Elizebet

rragnaar

Whoa, Genshin reminds me of that DoA 4 character. I wonder if you get his wolverine claws after you beat him.

D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 D3s7rUc71oN
[QUOTE="D3s7rUc71oN"][QUOTE="rragnaar"]

Genshin

Elizebet

dvader654

Whoa, Genshin reminds me of that DoA 4 character. I wonder if you get his wolverine claws after you beat him.

Genshin totally has the helmet of Shinobi, complete rip off. Doesn't matter he looks badass.

I never played Shinobi :P but I remember now due to the amounts of ads I saw on TV regarding that game, heck I still remember what they've said "Shinobi is baaack!" :lol: