no1gamemaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 no1gamemaster
Member since 2003 • 356 Posts

I believe will function a lot like Rust or Ark/Conan exiles..

Imagine World of Warcraft or Elderscrolls Online, etc. With a PVP and land building system as Rust/Ark.

Another thing is that exploration NEEDS to be a very high factor. No randomly generated environments..

2020 internet speeds are a lot faster, technology is better.. This type of game would be really addicting IF DONE RIGHT. A triple A company such as Blizzard, Bethesda, or Bioware should do this..

I'm telling you it'd be fire af. But not everyone would be into it.. It'd work. It just wouldn't be the carebear grind experience that most MMO companies are catering too.

(Also non related the Battlefield series developer DICE should make a medieval fantasy type game.. Dragons as planes, naval combat with cannons... Cool classes like mages and necromancers, etc)

I'm telling yoouu....

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1328 Posts

I am so disconnected with what younger gamers like in video games so maybe you are right.

I hate Minecraft, Ark and Fortnite but those games are massively popular and continue growing...so they must appeal to lots of people.

I agree randomally generated maps suck. Exploration should be rewarded. Maybe a combo system could work? 75% of the main map is the same for everyone but it’s massive. Then they have 25% of the map(certain areas) that are randomally generated.

This way you kinda get the best of both? It would work like Pokémon’s Safari Zone but actually random. I don’t know.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 45413 Posts

I think a consistent "open world" with randomized dungeon levels would be the ideal way to go about it.

I don't think a AAA studio should do it, however. AAA means they need millions of people to play their game to sustain it, that won't happen for a game you describe as I imagine only a few hundred thousand regular players would exist at any time. You need a specialized, independent developer to do it. Just look at EVE Online; a persistent universe where everything is the same in one ginormous megaserver, but the players alter their environment, and it is very successful despite not being hugely popular.

It's also important to remember that Rust, Ark, and Minecraft are (or started out as) products from independent studios.

@no1gamemaster said:

(Also non related the Battlefield series developer DICE should make a medieval fantasy type game.. Dragons as planes, naval combat with cannons... Cool classes like mages and necromancers, etc)

I'm telling yoouu....

I would love a "Battlefield: Fantasy World" game; with the success of Warhammer: Total War, I am shocked more people have not applied conventional gaming formulas to a fantasy setting. Warhammer was all about historical realism and shit like that, but then along comes Warhammer and it's one of the best installments in a series of games that has nothing but excellent stuff.

Archers as sniper, mages as gunners, knights as assault, druids as medics, dragons and gryphons as airplanes.

You could have a light faction (humans and angels or something) and a dark faction (corrupt humans and demons) and so on. I think that'd be great, and mercifully different from the repetitive World War/Modern War cycle we are stuck in.

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 PinchySkree
Member since 2012 • 1268 Posts

Blizzard, Bethesda and Bioware are dead/garbage now